Bandon Dunes - Nearly Booked Through 2022

Probably OT, but I read earlier this morning that the Bandon Dunes Owners are branching out to Colorado some where. They plan on building a 6 course lay out.

Thanks for the tip, I talked to them last week and I can't remember when they said the 2025 reservations will go live, might have to call back and use this method.
You can always ask to be put on a waiting list as well. There are a lot of cancellations.

Yesterday morning was terrible. The par 3 course was flooded, we only hit tee shots and couldn't putt. We had a hail storm and a ton of rain the whole morning.

The afternoon round at Bandon was better. The greens were just fine, even though we did get more rain and another hail storm. The back 9 the rain was pretty much gone and it was just cold and windy.

I didn't bring enough cold weather gear, I was focused on rain gear. When it's 40 with wind and rain off the ocean it really hits you.
View attachment 9172347View attachment 9172348View attachment 9172349View attachment 9172350

That sounds just delightful! Looks like it’s gonna start getting a little better for you in the coming days. My friends that have gone in April always tell me “it’s not a trip to Bandon without getting hailed on”.

I woke up this morning and our forecast changed yet again, as of now it looks like we might hit it pretty good. Don’t mind a little weather but sure would love some good conditions!

Our morning round yesterday was about as good as conditions as we could have hoped for at Bandon Trails, but the afternoon round at Pacific Dunes was crazy weather. We were the only group on the course that finished. Our other group quit after 13.

Awesome end to a great week! Let me hear how the greens are on those two courses, have heard they are a little rough.
They're completely different than the other courses. I actually enjoy the way they are, just embrace it and it will be fun. The caddy I've had all week has been a tremendous help.

They're completely different than the other courses. I actually enjoy the way they are, just embrace it and it will be fun. The caddy I've had all week has been a tremendous help.
They are different but do the roll similar to the other courses? Any shaggy on them? Is the speed similar across the courses?

Did you use putter on SR 17? I got closer using my putter than an iron.
I absolutely pured a 7i into a hellacious head wind. My 165 yard club came up short on a 105 yard flag :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I absolutely pured a 7i into a hellacious head wind. My 165 yard club came up short on a 105 yard flag :LOL::LOL::LOL:
You know what would stay below the wind.....

putter baby

They are different but do the roll similar to the other courses? Any shaggy on them? Is the speed similar across the courses?
Completely different greens. They are the bumpy fescue greens but they are still quick.

heavy bookings tend to suggest slow play issues - unless of course BD is very well policed.

I am playing in an event there in a little over a week. There is a time par for their event so they are serious about pace of play. I can't remember a round where I ever felt it was slow for the entire round. Sometimes there are folks that get behind on a hold but it picks up again. I have been multiple times since 2011. They also don't like fairway divots. 🤷‍♂️

1682035344786.png

I am playing in an event there in a little over a week. There is a time par for their event so they are serious about pace of play. I can't remember a round where I ever felt it was slow for the entire round. Sometimes there are folks that get behind on a hold but it picks up again. I have been multiple times since 2011. They also don't like fairway divots. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 9172968

There's a lot of divots, that's good they are doing that.

heavy bookings tend to suggest slow play issues - unless of course BD is very well policed.
Courses designed for walking with tees close to the greens, not a lot of places to lose balls, appropriate tee time spacing, and all groups with a GPS the marshals can track makes for great pace.

Courses designed for walking with tees close to the greens, not a lot of places to lose balls, appropriate tee time spacing, and all groups with a GPS the marshals can track makes for great pace.

They also have the “pace-setter” tee times, which are the first 10 tee times each day where the expectation is a sub four hour round. They seem to take pace pretty serious.

Just got to Bandon to a light drizzle. The weather was exceptional the whole drive up. Gonna grab a beer, then grab some sleep. Starts slow tomorrow with 18 at the OG Bandon, then ramps from there.

Just got to Bandon to a light drizzle. The weather was exceptional the whole drive up. Gonna grab a beer, then grab some sleep. Starts slow tomorrow with 18 at the OG Bandon, then ramps from there.
Enjoy it, I'm already wanting to go back.

First day in the books. Got checked in, hit the range and played Shorty’s. That was the best decision as I was forced to not play golf swing and instead hit some shots.

Our groups headed to Bandon Dunes with great weather and got after it. Wind picked up on the back nine, but it was still incredible.

Got a couple birdies, one front, one back. First was on #4 with an incredible long putt from off the green that broke 15+ feet.

Really buzzing as I missed my PB by one stroke and shot a super steady 76 with no worse than a bogey.

Preserve and Pac Dunes tomorrow. Also, The Forge steakhouse was really, really good.

Back