Bandon Dunes - Nearly Booked Through 2022

TheHeez

Reaction score
Handicap
Reached out to Bandon to try and reschedule my trip that was canceled by Covid in April 2020. For a group of 8 they are booked through October 2022. Still have room for smaller groups or singles and tee times. They will be releasing 2023 pricing after the new year and I think I’ll be booking Spring 2023! Good to hear they are doing well but I am bummed for the 2 year wait.

Reached out to Bandon to try and reschedule my trip that was canceled by Covid in April 2020. For a group of 8 they are booked through October 2022. Still have room for smaller groups or singles and tee times. They will be releasing 2023 pricing after the new year and I think I’ll be booking Spring 2023! Good to hear they are doing well but I am bummed for the 2 year wait.
I was up there a few weeks ago. There was no room for even a single those two days. Busy place.

Bandon looks amazing and not too surprised with the current golf climate. People want to get out after being locked down for almost a year.

It’s pretty awesome, I could see it.EF2EFC33-8303-49E8-9E93-71F321C8A515.jpeg
07C36818-63A7-4B20-8133-C5D76EA883E6.jpeg

Time for them to raise prices. 🤣🤣

I was up there a few weeks ago. There was no room for even a single those two days. Busy place.
On all courses? Or for lodging and the main courses (Bandon and Pacific, and now probably sheep Ranch)?

It will be a test, that’s for sure. Mike Keizer’s philosophy is to build and operate courses that are playable and affordable to the masses.

Everything. We had a room in town. I was just there at the wrong time. We were pressed for time. If we had stayed a 3rd night, I could've got out I believe. Another time perhaps.
Wow. Trails gets substantially less play than the others. Usually you can virtually walk up and get a time. If Trails is booked in advance too it’s gonna be very tough (grumble as my normal group has not made a reservation)

There are lots of folks who have been canceled by Covid. Twice I have had two weeks in Scotland pushed back now for 8. Plans that were made 2 and 1/2 years ago will take place 13 months from now.....So many like us have gone where Business is open. So those that have rescheduling to do need to do it pronto as the rush is coming. Initially the rescheduled get a grace period to geterdone, but after that good luck as so many are going to places like Bandon.

Hope you were able to get your Bandon trip figured out! I was staying about a mile off the resort and booked November 2020 for April 2021. Played Dunes, Sheep, and Trails.

If I talk to anyone who asks about Bandon I make sure to make a point that they play Trails. Our caddy said on multiple occasions that Trails is the definition of underrated. It is an absolutely amazing course!

It is part of Kaiser's philosophy to keep the courses as accessible as possible to all golfers that prices will never be Pebble Beach-ish.

This is insanity! I have obviously never been to Bandon but to have to wait 2 years? Lame

Eff today they are accepting bookings for Jan to April 2023. Eff 12/1 they will book any date up to 12/23....

This email just landed in my in box. Yowza

8C1B2A53-D7B1-4972-9B7C-98436DFDDFC9.jpeg

Booked my trip for April 2023. Sucks that it’s so far away but pretty pumped that it’s booked and something to look forward to. Four days, 12 dudes and going to play it all.

Honestly, price hasn’t changed much and still seems like a pretty good deal. For the price of a round and weekend at Pebble we are staying 4 days, playing five rounds plus the short course.

Last edited:
Just booked a trip this morning for May! Only single nights are available at the resort so staying one night there and playing 4 of the courses over the check-in and check-out day to get the best deal. Kind of cool they do the third round free, so we are playing the Par 3 course in the middle of each day so the afternoon round is free.

That kind of demand is mind-blowing, it's hard to imagine a resort being booked out that far in advance. Especially considering how difficult it is to get to and how much it costs to play there. Crazy stuff.

That kind of demand is mind-blowing, it's hard to imagine a resort being booked out that far in advance. Especially considering how difficult it is to get to and how much it costs to play there. Crazy stuff.

It’s pretty amazing that five courses and the hotels that come with it are that booked up. I think Bandon offers a unique experience that is only golf and that appeals to so many.

I honestly think the price is pretty reasonable when you consider the quality of the courses and the experience that comes with it. I mean heck, all five of the courses are in Golf Digest’s top 15 of public courses.

Just booked a trip this morning for May! Only single nights are available at the resort so staying one night there and playing 4 of the courses over the check-in and check-out day to get the best deal. Kind of cool they do the third round free, so we are playing the Par 3 course in the middle of each day so the afternoon round is free.
I believe if you play the Preserve, the third round free deal won't work. I think you'd still get the replay rate for the second round on a big course.

I just got back from Bandon on Sunday. I had never been. Out trip was booked 2 years in advance for 16 people. We did a Ryder Cup style event that came down to the last hole on the last day on Sheep Ranch, in the dark. It was spectacular and well worth the wait (and anticipation!). Come Jan. 1, our group is booking for 2023, probably October again. Plenty of time to get 2 rounds in a day, but a little bit of a price cut on the rooms, etc.

2021-10-30_10-36-10_596.jpg2021-10-29_18-13-34_820.jpg
2021-10-29_18-04-00_045.jpg2021-10-30_10-36-30_562.jpg2021-10-28_11-29-17_437.jpg2021-10-28_13-44-54_767.jpg2021-10-28_16-27-55_481.jpg2021-10-29_12-18-26_103.jpg

Last edited:
Back