Ballnamic: PING Ball Fitting?

Whoa Whoa Whoa now.
All I’m saying is that “ Most” of people that come here with their report have in “General” reported the same Bridgestone, Callaway and Wilson Triad golf balls.

Those “General” findings are not lost on Titleist

Going off memory here but I believe there are a could core questions in Ballnamics that push your results in the Bstone direction. It seems to me wind performance and wanting high but not highest short game spin push results towards Bstone X.

I’m a fan of 23 Pro V1x and have been testing CSX and CSX LS on the LM. I could play any of them but I find LS is a bit straighter indoors. Being in Canada I can’t access Ballnamics. I have a bunch of testing data at the ready when Ping opens up accrss.

Last edited:
Srixon Z-Star Diamond was one of my recommendations. No Titleists showed up in top-5. After testing the Pro V1 next to my top picks, I can see how that's not the ball for me. Granted, I should have tested V1X too to see how it compares.

But I don't find anything that suspicious about the results, especially when you factor in how the results are ordered.

Ballnamic shows the top ball in general and the the ones from the best ones that were #1 for each category. So if Titleist would be say 90% match and came in places 2-3 for each category, it wouldn't be in the top 5 recommendations.

What I'd like to see is the possibility to see f.ex. top-5 of each category and see if there's a consistent one that just stays beneath the surface but could be a great all-round ball.

I know I caused quite the "Kerfuffle" the last time I was in this thread.

I'm coming back to say after some ball testing, the ball that Ballnamic recommended for me, CSX is absolutely the correct ball.
I've tested 2021 version of PV1X and 2022 version of XV Divide and either gave me the performance of CSX - At least indoor.
Tour B XS is next to text as I prefer to use Yellow in the summer and a ball WITHOUT LINES!.

Did some testing between V1X and XS today:
Dang no wonder Tiger plays that ball - Look at the height and spin off a 58* wedge and 7i.
The descent angle are crazy:

1679969104812.png

I know I caused quite the "Kerfuffle" the last time I was in this thread.

my boggle with ballnamic is that i should get my full 10 fittings regardless of how long it takes me to do them (well, i guess i'd be okay with a 1year deadline?...idk). i forgot about the time limit and only ran 3 fittings based on different preferences.

Not sure if this was post here however this podcast with the Ballnamic Engineers is really good:

Did some testing between V1X and XS today:
Dang no wonder Tiger plays that ball - Look at the height and spin off a 58* wedge and 7i.
The descent angle are crazy:

View attachment 9167569
No real kerfuffle imo. Sorry if I came across in a way that added to that feeling. I've actually really enjoyed following your ball journey over the last couple years and I think we've talked about a few along the way. And I'm glad the Ballnamic recommendation is working for you.

When it comes down to the little things like angle into the green though you're never really going to know true differences on quad. Like with the ProVs, 1x tends to come in steeper than the calculated, and V1 flatter. They have completely different lift and drag that can't be accounted for in launch, spin, and speed calcs. You have to get them outside. That's part of the beauty of the Ballnamic thing in my opinion because who has the time and money to go do all the compares on everything themself.

Got an email they are running a $10 off Masters week promo with code TRADITION10

I was a little hesitant to pay the money at first but glad I did. Would have never tried the top 2 balls it recommended to me and they have been great.

I ended up doing this. I go between TM TP5X and Pro V1x on the course and use Callaway Chrome Soft X indoors. Which just saying that tells me I probably should also play Callaway Chrome Soft X and based on my results I could have bought a dozen instead of the fitting.

My results:
1. Callaway Chrome Soft X- best on distance and spin based on my trackman data.
2. Srixon Z Star Diamond- very close second. Little less distance but overall very close performance to Chrome Soft.
3. Bridgestone Tour B X
4. Bridgestone Tour B XS
5. Titleist Pro V1X- not surprised. I seem to get the best performance from this ball but have not compared with Chrome Soft X.

More data is always good in improving. I’ll probably buy a few dozen chrome soft X since there are still some specials. Then also try out the Srixon.

20230610_013118.jpg
20230610_013637.jpg

Keep forgetting to share this. It's pretty bang on for me on numbers and course observations. And ProV1x came up as an option like I had mentioned.

View attachment 9185294
View attachment 9185295

Keep forgetting to share this. It's pretty bang on for me on numbers and course observations. And ProV1x came up as an option like I had mentioned.
Funny you brought this back up, I did it again the other day when I remembered it while waiting on the boy to get his haircut and mine was pretty spot on again as usual….and was eerily similar to yours haha

Funny you brought this back up, I did it again the other day when I remembered it while waiting on the boy to get his haircut and mine was pretty spot on again as usual….and was eerily similar to yours haha
Nice. Yeah I kept meaning to post this, and then last night when I did I ran it again with my some more recent numbers. I honestly forgot you get to do it a bunch of times. Took two 7 iron swings and 3 driver swings quick at the store the other day, so put those numbers in and current desires and..

20230610_092509.jpg
20230610_092541.jpg

Pretty similar results. The 3 balls I play are in the top 4 and I see and have posted about the exact differences between them that it shows they would have. It really is a good resource.

Have you ever had the Z Star Diamond come up on yours?

Nice. Yeah I kept meaning to post this, and then last night when I did I ran it again with my some more recent numbers. I honestly forgot you get to do it a bunch of times. Took two 7 iron swings and 3 driver swings quick at the store the other day, so put those numbers in and current desires and..

View attachment 9185331
View attachment 9185332

Pretty similar results. The 3 balls I play are in the top 4 and I see and have posted about the exact differences between them that it shows they would have. It really is a good resource.

Have you ever had the Z Star Diamond come up on yours?
I’ve not, which surprised me honestly because that’s been such a good ball for me.

I had zero surprise seeing CSX and BX up top though hahha

A friend was talking about this yesterday and it convinced me to go get some updated numbers (hadn't updated my numbers since start of the season). My swing speed increased by around 4mph. Driver launch gotten much better. But I still need spin with irons.
The stats:
Driver ball speed 142, Launch 13.3, spin 3100
7i ball speed 116, Launch 17, spin 5150

The results of my ballnamic fitting weren't a huge surprise. I've been playing the PV1x and CSx all season.
AAD9A38F-E005-45A0-B617-A5E24CA2BBDF.jpeg5D58E48C-1CB6-492F-9C49-4D1D4F6719FD.jpeg

I am surprised with the Tour B X I've never played that ball and I'm definitely going to pick up a sleeve somewhere to try out.

Also, if anyone else is a cheap bastard like me and wants to do this but also wants a discount code use "SUMMER40" to save around $15. Not sure how much longer that code will be active.
IMG_7127.png.jpeg

A friend was talking about this yesterday and it convinced me to go get some updated numbers (hadn't updated my numbers since start of the season). My swing speed increased by around 4mph. Driver launch gotten much better. But I still need spin with irons.
The stats:
Driver ball speed 142, Launch 13.3, spin 3100
7i ball speed 116, Launch 17, spin 5150

The results of my ballnamic fitting weren't a huge surprise. I've been playing the PV1x and CSx all season.
View attachment 9187333View attachment 9187334

I am surprised with the Tour B X I've never played that ball and I'm definitely going to pick up a sleeve somewhere to try out.

Also, if anyone else is a cheap bastard like me and wants to do this but also wants a discount code use "SUMMER40" to save around $15. Not sure how much longer that code will be active.
View attachment 9187335
Another guy to get V1x in his top 3. #NoConspiracy lol

Good looking out on the code and interesting numbers. Wanting less off the tee and more in irons. Feels like there's maybe some equipment choices to be made there if you're already in the right ball.

Another guy to get V1x in his top 3. #NoConspiracy lol

Good looking out on the code and interesting numbers. Wanting less off the tee and more in irons. Feels like there's maybe some equipment choices to be made there if you're already in the right ball.
Funny thing, I’ve not had the 1x come up the last two times I’ve run it.

20230619_212607.jpg
20230619_212640.jpg

Thought I'd share a couple of these from mine too.

Funny thing, I’ve not had the 1x come up the last two times I’ve run it.
Just outside your needs right now I guess.

Back