Ballnamic: PING Ball Fitting?

Strange results as the top two couldn't be more different in my eyes.
They both are lower compression urethane covered golf balls that offer low spin off the tee and more as you get closer to the green, right?

They both are lower compression urethane covered golf balls that offer low spin off the tee and more as you get closer to the green, right?
His top two matches were AVX and -ProV1X
I seem to remember Left Dash being rather "Firm"
1687284446069.png

His top two matches were AVX and -ProV1X
I seem to remember Left Dash being rather "Firm"
View attachment 9187616
Not sure why I wrote low compression other than writing an email about it, I meant low spin.
They are both designed to be low spin, which is what he appears to be fighting.

Also, if anyone else is a cheap bastard like me and wants to do this but also wants a discount code use "SUMMER40" to save around $15. Not sure how much longer that code will be active.
View attachment 9187335

Dang - must have been a Fathers Day deal...tried it just now and it doesn't work any longer.

So this was interesting. Would have never picked these balls ever to try.
I put in for 7i measurements:
145 carry
102 ball speed
4750 spin
launch angle 21.

Driver:
Ball: 128 mph
Spin: 2400
Launch: 16.5 or 17* -can't recall

Current ball: ProV1x

Recommended:
1687286667547.png

What I don't get about my results is the ball I used for my numbers is a ProV1x.
It says the Vice Pro Plus is my ideal match at 96% to where the ProV1x is 84.5%,

Yet the ProV1x is 4.7 yds longer than the Vice off driver, better wind score, 1.7 yds shorter carry off 7i which is nothing, but has 4' feet better stopping power, the best full wedge spin score and is more workable than the Vice.
I can't for the life of me figure out how the Vice is my best match.

Also If I toggle best "cost" match, I get the same results, Vice is first, they drop the Tour B X off and they flip the Snell MTB Black and Maxfli around and don't any other recommendations. I guess I was thinking they would add some $20-30 surlyn offerings, etc. Guess not.

I was going over my results again and had a question.

Is this telling me that the Vice Pro Plus is the best match for "Ideal iron stopping power" only or is this telling me its the best all around match for my game?
Is this telling me that the Tour B X is the best match for "Top Driver Distance" only or is this telling me its the best 3rd all around match?

1687439833147.png

I was going over my results again and had a question.

Is this telling me that the Vice Pro Plus is the best match for "Ideal iron stopping power" only or is this telling me its the best all around match for my game?
Is this telling me that the Tour B X is the best match for "Top Driver Distance" only or is this telling me its the best 3rd all around match?

View attachment 9187999

I believe that the blue percentages are the overall score for everything combined, and the written text below the ball like "stopping power" or "driver distance" is the top rated feature of that ball for you, regardless of the overall percentage score.

The past few days in my hour of short game practice I've been jumping back and forth between the suggestions of PV1x and CSX Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 9.29.48 AM.png

I've got to say it's pretty spot on in that CSX is spinning up a lot more. I've been playing V1x a while so it's an adjustment with the spin levels of the CSX, especially with these new wedges but I think I like it. It checks up and stops quickly. I just need to get used to throwing it behind the pin on full wedge shots so I don't spin off.

I believe that the blue percentages are the overall score for everything combined, and the written text below the ball like "stopping power" or "driver distance" is the top rated feature of that ball for you, regardless of the overall percentage score.
I guess I just don't understand how they come up with it then.

If I presented this chart to you, which ball would you think is better. Ball A or Ball B?
I bolded which I think is the better ball for each metric

Ball ABall BBallnamic idealMy comments
Driver Distance231236238Both balls are not at my max; but B is longer
Driver Height87.6'79.4'84'Neither are ideal but both are within 5' so I marked both as ideal
Driver Wind Score2888I put that I was not concered with wind; but ball B definitely deals with the wind better
7i carry147145I view 2 yds as wash here (strike will dictate more, but chose Ball A since its 2 yds longer)
7i workability508050'I would argue ball B, but Ballnamic chose A; must be because I put neutral emphasis on workability
7i rollout28'24'Less is better
Flier prevention5466I put that I was not concerned with flier prevention so Ballnamic didn't put an ideal, but ball B is better
Full wedge spin score625656I would argue that 62 is better but Ballnamic says 56 is my ideal spin score; probably because I didn't mark full wedge spin as a critical part of my game. I more use height for stopping power.

Yeah, some of the results seem a little screwy all around, but I did try one of the top two recommended to me and find it better than what I used to play, so who knows.

Yeah, some of the results seem a little screwy all around, but I did try one of the top two recommended to me and find it better than what I used to play, so who knows.
it just seemed like the V1x (only an 84% match) was better in 6 out of the 8 metrics than the Vice (96% match) which was only better in 3 of the 8 and those 3 I am not all that concerned about. So it left me a little.... meh.

I guess the only thing I learned is that i could possibly get similar performance of a V1x out of a cheaper ball like a Vice or Snell. but who's to say their covers are as durable or their quality (compression consistency, core centeredness, cover quality, roundness quality, etc) is as good. Not to say their stuff is junk but I would put Titleist quality over a DTC ball plant.

I guess I just don't understand how they come up with it then.

If I presented this chart to you, which ball would you think is better. Ball A or Ball B?
I bolded which I think is the better ball for each metric

Ball ABall BBallnamic idealMy comments
Driver Distance231236238Both balls are not at my max; but B is longer
Driver Height87.6'79.4'84'Neither are ideal but both are within 5' so I marked both as ideal
Driver Wind Score2888I put that I was not concered with wind; but ball B definitely deals with the wind better
7i carry147145I view 2 yds as wash here (strike will dictate more, but chose Ball A since its 2 yds longer)
7i workability508050'I would argue ball B, but Ballnamic chose A; must be because I put neutral emphasis on workability
7i rollout28'24'Less is better
Flier prevention5466I put that I was not concerned with flier prevention so Ballnamic didn't put an ideal, but ball B is better
Full wedge spin score625656I would argue that 62 is better but Ballnamic says 56 is my ideal spin score; probably because I didn't mark full wedge spin as a critical part of my game. I more use height for stopping power.

You answered your own question on 7 iron workability and full wedge spin. 50 is closer to neutral.

As to the actual percent match number, I doubt Ping is going to let out exactly how that is calculated.

You answered your own question on 7 iron workability and full wedge spin. 50 is closer to neutral.

As to the actual percent match number, I doubt Ping is going to let out exactly how that is calculated.
True.
I guess I would like it better if they gave you the 8 metrics and when inputting in your data you could rank them from 1 (most critical) to 8 (doesn't matter). That way they would know exactly how to weight your results. It seems like they only ask you what 3 or 4 questions in terms of what you like in performance.

Or if you don't care about a metric you could pick n/a and then it wouldn't include that at all in your determination.
For me for example, I don't play much in wind. When I do its like a 3 to 4 club wind and no ball is going to cut through it. So for me I would choose N/A for wind impact..

Try code ARGolf for a $19.50 discount if you want to try the ball fitting on the Ballnamic website. Total was $20.67 for me after the promo code.

Does Ballnamic have any of the 2024 balls loaded up yet? Or will it be a while? I'm having an iron/driver fitting done on Saturday and will have updated numbers and I'd like to plug them in but only if the new balls are in.

Does Ballnamic have any of the 2024 balls loaded up yet? Or will it be a while? I'm having an iron/driver fitting done on Saturday and will have updated numbers and I'd like to plug them in but only if the new balls are in.
I redid a ballnamic about a week ago and they didn't at that point. I haven't found any info what is there or when the 2024 would come.

I'd reach out them via "X" - they are on it all the time.

I redid a ballnamic about a week ago and they didn't at that point. I haven't found any info what is there or when the 2024 would come.
Yeah in the FAQ it says:
We update our database at least twice a year, based on the timing of commercial launch dates. Ballnamic users acknowledge that there could be up to a 6-month period when a new version of a ball that we have included in our database is not in the database.

So I'm assuming no, and maybe by middle of the year but unsure if they could have got them early and started testing.

Yeah in the FAQ it says:

So I'm assuming no, and maybe by middle of the year but unsure if they could have got them early and started testing.
Missed that one in the FAQ, I was trying to find it, but got tired of the promo texts 😄

My swing has changed enough from when I last did it that I figured to do it again now. Then redo once the new stuff comes there.

Missed that one in the FAQ, I was trying to find it, but got tired of the promo texts 😄

My swing has changed enough from when I last did it that I figured to do it again now. Then redo once the new stuff comes there.
I've got until June (ish) on my 1 year of access so I'm hoping they are at least in by then.

Back