I do like how small & compact these get.
In that respect, the Volt is light years ahead of my MGI Zip and I actually thought that one was fairly friendly to fold up, load and unload.

So after unplugging at 9 pm last night it's now 11 AM and battery is now at 28.22. I wont be playing again until Monday or Tuesday so I'm going to check it each morning and see how it holds to current voltage.
Rod
Here's hoping you get a positive result. Could you get a mileage from start to finish ? I played Friday and the trip odometer read a bit over 5 miles. That's 8,800 yards. Tucsondivots posted earlier the courses he played range from 6500-7000 yards. I assume this doesn't include distances between holes. Curious to see what total distance traveled is for courses that you play.

In that respect, the Volt is light years ahead of my MGI Zip and I actually thought that one was fairly friendly to fold up, load and unload.
I suspect the size and wheel choices are causes of instability with the Volt.

My first round is in the books. Honestly, it was a very mixed bag for me. I can only compare it to my MGI Zip, which I have been using since May of ‘19.

Pros for the Volt:
  • The weight and ease of loading and unloading is light years ahead of the MGI Zip.
  • The battery is much easier to connect.
  • The pouch up by the handle bars is so welcomed. The MGI Zip has absolutely no storage.
  • The Volt holds my bag during the round without the bag twisting so much better than the MGI Zip.
Negatives:
  • The operation of the remote for me was less precise than the MGI Zip, although I did not have a problem navigating it.
  • It does not track nearly as well as the MGI Zip. On any side hill, it wants to turn down the hill and you immediately have to get a hand on the handle bars. I never had a problem going down hills with the MGI Zip, not so with the Volt. You need to be close by and have a hand ready. The Volt tipped over on a side slope where it would not be an issue with the MGI Zip.
  • It is much much less stable than the MGI Zip. Honestly, there is no comparison between the two.
  • I charged the battery the night before and the battery showed 4 bars, but the battery went dead at the green of the 13th hole. I never had a battery problem with the MGI Zip.
I am hoping that I don’t have a defective battery. I was grateful that the Volt can double as a push cart, because I was as far away from the clubhouse as you could be when the battery died. I don’t need to get two rounds out of a battery, but I am hoping that there was some glitch in the charging, because otherwise, I have a defective battery.

I see a lot of good things about the Volt. I would say that if you play courses with a lot of elevation changes, I would probably go a different direction, if I am being honest.
Struggling with the volt. I haven't had an issue with the battery charge seems to be doing fine but had it turn off on me the other day with a full battery and couldn't even get in manual mode to continue my round. Had to get a cart sent out to me and to drive back my trolly. Figured it was the battery now I still can't the console working after reading and trying everything. And insult to injury I bought the bagboy bag with the locking technology but it doesn't even go in far enough for the bag to sit on the bottom of the cart so the bag is actually hanging. If anyone has an actual phone number to try and call these people it would be appreciated.

Jason

Struggling with the volt. I haven't had an issue with the battery charge seems to be doing fine but had it turn off on me the other day with a full battery and couldn't even get in manual mode to continue my round. Had to get a cart sent out to me and to drive back my trolly. Figured it was the battery now I still can't the console working after reading and trying everything. And insult to injury I bought the bagboy bag with the locking technology but it doesn't even go in far enough for the bag to sit on the bottom of the cart so the bag is actually hanging. If anyone has an actual phone number to try and call these people it would be appreciated.

Jason
1-800-234 3487 x3248 Bagboy direct, Rodney. Good luck and keep us posted. I'm thinking it'll be a simple malfunction and easily corrected (hopefully :)).

@soccerdeets , let us know how you make out. I was fortunate to get in contact with one of the managers from bagboy and I do have his contact number if you need it. Rodney is their mechanic maintenance person. I spoke with him before I bought mine and he was very good with information. I'm sure he will help you. Will be very interested in what you find.
Rod

So after unplugging at 9 pm last night it's now 11 AM and battery is now at 28.22. I wont be playing again until Monday or Tuesday so I'm going to check it each morning and see how it holds to current voltage.
Rod
Mine has been off the charger for 24 hours. Still holding at 28.6 volts. Anyone getting the 29,4 volts it shows on the battery as full charge voltage?

Here's hoping you get a positive result. Could you get a mileage from start to finish ? I played Friday and the trip odometer read a bit over 5 miles. That's 8,800 yards. Tucsondivots posted earlier the courses he played range from 6500-7000 yards. I assume this doesn't include distances between holes. Curious to see what total distance traveled is for courses that you play.
@Waldo0007
All the courses I play are ~5.2 miles for 18 holes.

Last edited:

Jason
I have played 12 rounds with my Volt. It locked up once on the course. Could not use remote or switch to manual. But the console knob allowed me to get it moving. After 50 yards or so the remote started working again and I could switch to manual. I assumed it was something I did. What bag model do you have? Do you have it correctly seated in the top loc mechanism? I have the Chiller and I realized after 2 rounds that I did not have it seated in the top loc area correctly.

Last edited:
I also have the Chiller bag and it fits in very nice and tight. I couldn't be happier with the way the bag travels once in place. I've always had a bag turning as I played golf plus the back clubs were hard to get out because it would pinch the opening for those clubs to tight. When done with my round I just reach over the console and grab the bag by the sides and give it a quick jerk up and its released. The bag fitment is just another perk of the cart!

I play on a mountainous course in Evergreen, Colorado. How does the Volt do on such a course? Do you recommend others for particularly hilly courses?

I play on a mountainous course in Evergreen, Colorado. How does the Volt do on such a course? Do you recommend others for particularly hilly courses?
PGASS on Arapahoe has one you can take a look at. Went and saw it yesterday. I'm sure it's well built but pushing it around the store (I did get some looks🤔) it won't get any further consideration from me.

Has a lot of great features and the under handle storage area was nice. Just think I would destroy it on the courses out this way. You are correct in thinking you may have concerns on courses out by you.

The width is narrow and wheels smaller than what I'm used to. I don't want to be having to handle the cart on side hills or worry about it going over sideways if I don't see uneven ground. It is set up fine for going up and down them, just don't think it would fare well at an angle.

If I played mainly on flatter, more open courses this would be a strong consideration. I recommend you get hands on first before making a blind purchase.

Going to give them a try on the remote.

IMG_6568.jpeg

My battery is still at 28.20 this morning. Seems to be holding its charge with no issues. Hopefully playing tomorrow.
Rod
Played a hilly course yesterday. 5.6 miles. Battery at 26.9 volts at end, 3 green lights. Console still (always) shows full charge.

IMG_2119.jpegGoing to give them a try on the remote.

View attachment 9251256
Heee is a photo of mine. The left/right/forward are from the plugs you remove to install the seat on the Volt. The stop is a self stick bumper from the assortment you show above. Got a little messy with the glue. If I was starting from scratch the self sticking ones seem to work just fine.

Heee is a photo of mine. The left/right/forward are from the plugs you remove to install the seat on the Volt. The stop is a self stick bumper from the assortment you show above. Got a little messy with the glue. If I was starting from scratch the self sticking ones seem to work just fine.
I have put them on and it looks fine, with no excess glue residue. We will see if they stay attached with use.

Battery today after sitting since Friday afternoon chage was at 28.21 which was a smidgen higher then yesterday's reading. Play 18 today and when done my battery was at 25.62. That's the best it's ever been since I've been checking it. I still had 2 green lights on my battery and I had 2 yellow lights on my dash board. Also I now have 42.6 miles on my cart whi h is either 8 or o rounds I think. I'll have to go back and count them to be sure but every round seems to get better as I learn how to handle this cart!
Rod

Battery today after sitting since Friday afternoon chage was at 28.21 which was a smidgen higher then yesterday's reading. Play 18 today and when done my battery was at 25.62. That's the best it's ever been since I've been checking it. I still had 2 green lights on my battery and I had 2 yellow lights on my dash board. Also I now have 42.6 miles on my cart whi h is either 8 or o rounds I think. I'll have to go back and count them to be sure but every round seems to get better as I learn how to handle this cart!
Rod
It seems the dashboard battery display is flaky. Mine never matches up with the battery display.

It seems the dashboard battery display is flaky. Mine never matches up with the battery display.
Agree. My dashboard battery display never shows less than full charge. I did have one incidence today where remote stop button did not work. Cart was about 50 yards from me. I was to turn it back around to head towards me and after a while the stop button worked. Will keep an eye on this.

Agree. My dashboard battery display never shows less than full charge. I did have one incidence today where remote stop button did not work. Cart was about 50 yards from me. I was to turn it back around to head towards me and after a while the stop button worked. Will keep an eye on this.
it has happened to me several times, always from a distance.

it has happened to me several times, always from a distance.
Another puzzling moment today with the Volt. Leaving the 18th tee box the remote would not work. Not forward, left, or right. Switched to manual then back to console and used control knob to move forward under power. After getting to my ball I tried the remote again and it worked fine the rest of the way in. As far as I could tell the remote control battery was good. It is impossible to see if the red / blue lights are blinking in the sun. But if the remote battery was low why did the remote start working again? Certainly good to have the manual option and that the cart could be run with the battery without the remote. Head scratcher.

Another puzzling moment today with the Volt. Leaving the 18th tee box the remote would not work. Not forward, left, or right. Switched to manual then back to console and used control knob to move forward under power. After getting to my ball I tried the remote again and it worked fine the rest of the way in. As far as I could tell the remote control battery was good. It is impossible to see if the red / blue lights are blinking in the sun. But if the remote battery was low why did the remote start working again? Certainly good to have the manual option and that the cart could be run with the battery without the remote. Head scratcher.
This would happen on my old Rovic/V2 cart. Seems like I was "mashing" the keys so much, the m/b couldn't handle it. I slowed down and it stopped happening.

Back