Bag Boy Volt Electric Cart

Lambeau, I get what you mean with the seat. I've had one on both batcaddy and now the Volt and I very rarely ever sit on it. I haven't sat on the Volt in the 3 rounds I've had it on. But when it gets to be 95 and I'm in a 3some and the 4some in front of us are slow I'm sure I will be glad I have it. Lol.
Welcome to the club of volt owners. I'm sure you will like the art more each time you use it like the rest of us are finding out. Make sure to let us know your thoughts.
Rod

Man, the feedback and discussion in here is top notch gents!!

First round in with the Volt. Damn fine piece of equipment!!! I played a course today that has quite a few elevated tees and greens.The 3 pound weight I put in the lower front pocket really helped when climbing some of those hills. I think I only had one very brief wheelie all day. I did notice that when the cart is running on even a very mild sidehill, it tends to head down the slope a little. This is my first electric cart so that may be totally normal??? Also 4 or 5 times the cart would run out about 100 yards and just stop. I think I remember another poster mentioning that also. Anyone else having this problem? I had zero issues with tip over and I even put the cart in some positions I would never do just to see what would happen. I was right next to it ready to grab the handle though, but never needed to. I was totally impressed with this unit today and have to say that this is the most enjoyable round of golf I have played in a long, long time. Using a regular push cart definitely makes you a lot more tired.

You guys are killing it with the info in here. Making it really hard to be patient.

First round in with the Volt. Damn fine piece of equipment!!! I played a course today that has quite a few elevated tees and greens.The 3 pound weight I put in the lower front pocket really helped when climbing some of those hills. I think I only had one very brief wheelie all day. I did notice that when the cart is running on even a very mild sidehill, it tends to head down the slope a little. This is my first electric cart so that may be totally normal??? Also 4 or 5 times the cart would run out about 100 yards and just stop. I think I remember another poster mentioning that also. Anyone else having this problem? I had zero issues with tip over and I even put the cart in some positions I would never do just to see what would happen. I was right next to it ready to grab the handle though, but never needed to. I was totally impressed with this unit today and have to say that this is the most enjoyable round of golf I have played in a long, long time. Using a regular push cart definitely makes you a lot more tired.
"I think I only had one very brief wheelie all day. I did notice that when the cart is running on even a very mild sidehill, it tends to head down the slope a little. This is my first electric cart so that may be totally normal???"

I don't think the Gyro is absolute. Gravity and physics will eventually win out. Keep us posted ...

"I think I only had one very brief wheelie all day. I did notice that when the cart is running on even a very mild sidehill, it tends to head down the slope a little. This is my first electric cart so that may be totally normal???"

I don't think the Gyro is absolute. Gravity and physics will eventually win out. Keep us posted ...
I totally agree with your assessment Waldo007!

Calaway, Yes, the 100 yard stop is on purpose. I assume this is so no “runaway, where did it go?” happens. But it only stops after 100 yards if you do not engage any remote buttons. I am always tweaking left or right while following it down the fairway so not an issue. Also, when you hit lock on the remote, it only stays locked for a minute or two. A problem if you lock it and then put the remote in your back pocket to putt. It will unlock when your group is putting and if you squat down to see your line your cart could be heading somewhere you do not want it to! Just need to be aware. I may try adding the 3 pound weight to the front ball pocket as well. While the Volt does not backflip over due to the 4th wheel, the front wheel comes off the ground pretty easily when going up any slope. Enjoy your Volt. I just turned 35 miles total distance. First oil change due soon :cool:.

Calaway, Yes, the 100 yard stop is on purpose. I assume this is so no “runaway, where did it go?” happens. But it only stops after 100 yards if you do not engage any remote buttons. I am always tweaking left or right while following it down the fairway so not an issue. Also, when you hit lock on the remote, it only stays locked for a minute or two. A problem if you lock it and then put the remote in your back pocket to putt. It will unlock when your group is putting and if you squat down to see your line your cart could be heading somewhere you do not want it to! Just need to be aware. I may try adding the 3 pound weight to the front ball pocket as well. While the Volt does not backflip over due to the 4th wheel, the front wheel comes off the ground pretty easily when going up any slope. Enjoy your Volt. I just turned 35 miles total distance. First oil change due soon :cool:.
Thanks Tucson. That makes a lot of sense now that you explained it and is actually an awesome feature. I also do a lot of tweaking which explains why the cart didn't stop more often. I just happened to think, I had 4 sleeves of balls in the pocket with the weight if they made any difference??? If you use synthetic oil you won't have to change it so often!!!

Are you guys just carrying the remote in your pocket? Lots of people at my club use MGI and most of them have a belt clip for their remote. I’m thinking I could rig one up or buy something to use.

Are you guys just carrying the remote in your pocket? Lots of people at my club use MGI and most of them have a belt clip for their remote. I’m thinking I could rig one up or buy something to use.
I attach a magnet to the back of the remote using double back tape and a metal clip to my belt. Been using this method for years ...

I just slide mine into my cart console when I grab my club I'm going to use. I once had a cart run away when I first started using powered carts because the remote button was pushed from leaning down.

I just slide mine into my cart console when I grab my club I'm going to use. I once had a cart run away when I first started using powered carts because the remote button was pushed from leaning down.
The holder built in to the console does come in handy. One of the many little things I like about the cart...

I agree you have to be cognizant of your cart at all times. I always hit the “Lock” button on MGI Navigator remote before putting in my back pocket or in the remote holder on the cart. I had my prior BatCaddy go MIA on me once we I went looking for a ball and bent over along the way and the pressure on the button activated the cart.

So force of habit, if I am not using the remote, I always put the remote in Lock mode.

I happened to be on Bag Boy's / Dynamic Brand's website when something just jumped into my cart and I must have hit place order instead of remove from cart. Oh well, I can probably find a use for it.

volt.JPG

I happened to be on Bag Boy's / Dynamic Brand's website when something just jumped into my cart and I must have hit place order instead of remove from cart. Oh well, I can probably find a use for it.

View attachment 9246828
You are going to love it.
And how cool is it that you are going to then sit with the President of the company, head of sales, head of marketing and others to talk about it real soon as well.

You are going to love it.
And how cool is it that you are going to then sit with the President of the company, head of sales, head of marketing and others to talk about it real soon as well.

Absolutely; definitely looking forward to the discussions to be had.

View attachment 9246828
dude that's so cool. They are definitely going to ask for your feedback at Ballyhack.

Great info in this thread guys, thank you! :drinks:

I am the happy owner of an MGI Zip Navigator AT, which I've been completely satisfied with. From everything I've read here I still think I have the right cart for me, as I don't get the impression that the Volt, or any of the other electric carts out there, would do as good or better on the hilly courses I play. Now if I was new to the market and looking for my first electric cart, the Volt would definitely be in consideration, along with the Motocaddy M7 and Zip Nav AT.

Keep the info coming, even though I'm not in the market it's fun to read your thoughts and experiences.

super fast turnaround too, my email just said it arrives tomorrow!
:cool:

super fast turnaround too, my email just said it arrives tomorrow!
:cool:
And you get to do the same as your partner there and spend time with the people behind it

I agree you have to be cognizant of your cart at all times. I always hit the “Lock” button on MGI Navigator remote before putting in my back pocket or in the remote holder on the cart. I had my prior BatCaddy go MIA on me once we I went looking for a ball and bent over along the way and the pressure on the button activated the cart.

So force of habit, if I am not using the remote, I always put the remote in Lock mode.
Yep, but remember the lock only holds for between 1-2 minutes on the Volt remote, unlike the MGI ZIP NAV.

Back