Auto Racing Thread

That is on my watchlist.
He was just before my time watching as a kid, but what a talent. What a dick but I think that's what separates the good from the best, that next level of competitiveness, Schumacher had it as well, quite willing to drive a title contender off the track if necessary.

He was just before my time watching as a kid, but what a talent. What a dick but I think that's what separates the good from the best, that next level of competitiveness, Schumacher had it as well, quite willing to drive a title contender off the track if necessary.
Yeah, I saw a lot of similarities between Schumacher, Jordan, Tiger , and Brady.

Have to respect the RB performance but it sure did make for a boring season
Its amazing how much extra performance can be made when you ignore the cost cap.

Yeah, I saw a lot of similarities between Schumacher, Jordan, Tiger , and Brady.
Lewis has many similar qualities as well. As does Max to a lesser extent.

I personally hated him as a driver, I watched the first era of team domination with the Schumacher/Brawn era with Bentton then Ferrari. He would do anything to win.

Hamilton did shady things to ensure better qualifying results, don't recall race incidents but doesn't mean there weren't.

Max is just a complainer, total domination and still complains, shut up and drive the best car cos it will end.
Oh for sure. Its strictly the way he drives aggressive where I see similarities. The major difference being he's not in control when he's not a mile ahead.

I'm really hoping Lewis will win his ninth as a parting gift to Mercedes and then immediately bring il Cavallino back to glory with a 10th in 2025.

Oh for sure. Its strictly the way he drives aggressive where I see similarities. The major difference being he's not in control when he's not a mile ahead.
Some of the best drives have been when qualifying is completely thrown for a loop, think Suzuka rain, or Germany rain, top cars or even one of the top drivers is at the back or mid pack and they spend the whole race just destroying the field to get a podium.

Can't see Max having the composure to do that, especially in a Newey design.

I hope this F1 season is more competitive than the last. I like Verstappen and Red Bull, but I'd like to see different teams and drivers win more often.

I'm really hoping Lewis will win his ninth as a parting gift to Mercedes and then immediately bring il Cavallino back to glory with a 10th in 2025.
When did he win his 8th?
He officially has 7.
Though it should be 8 after that farce of loss in 2021 in Abu Dhabi

When did he win his 8th?
He officially has 7.
Typo, he & Michael are tied on 7. Good article comparing Max to the rest.

Typo, he & Michael are tied on 7. Good article comparing Max to the rest.

When did he win his 8th?
He officially has 7.
Oh it wasn't a typo. He may only officially have 7 listed, but he is the rightful champion of 2021.

Oh it wasn't a typo. He may only officially have 7 listed, but he is the rightful champion of 2021.
I totally understand. I do not disagree with you.
Unfortunately the official records won't agree.
I restarting watch F1 half through that year.
It was great. And no the last 2 years it's back to the normal ways =
best driver with best car destroying the other 19 drivers.

We’ve watched 3 or 4 episodes and it’s definitely been disappointing. More focused on the races than the behind the scenes stuff. Was hoping for more of a behind the curtain type of thing
I watched and I haven't followed racing in a bit, (used to be a big fan growing up), so I could see how those who had been following and knew the outcome would be disappointed in the series.

Are you sure about that?

Adrian Newey is the key for RB.
Newey is a huge factor for sure. But they also clearly broke the rules.

Will be interesting to see what happens if Horner gets booted and Newey follows him out the door.

I watched and I haven't followed racing in a bit, (used to be a big fan growing up), so I could see how those who had been following and knew the outcome would be disappointed in the series.
Yeah it was ok, but I was just hoping for more

Newey is a huge factor for sure. But they also clearly broke the rules.

Will be interesting to see what happens if Horner gets booted and Newey follows him out the door.
Sadly, throwing rocks in glass houses when it comes to this.

Ferrari did it.

Mclaren did it.

Mercedes did it.

If you are that desperate and have the cash to pay the fines, you'll do it to win.

Sadly, throwing rocks in glass houses when it comes to this.

Ferrari did it.

Mclaren did it.

Mercedes did it.

If you are that desperate and have the cash to pay the fines, you'll do it to win.
The FIA denied those as "completely unfounded" rumors.

The FIA denied those as "completely unfounded" rumors.
🤣
Uh Huh Sure GIF

Back