Auto Racing Thread

We tried the Netflix Nascar last night, rather watch paint dry. Denny Hamlin is an absolute dick, there was no way to get behind anything on the show.

We tried the Netflix Nascar last night, rather watch paint dry. Denny Hamlin is an absolute dick, there was no way to get behind anything on the show.
We’ve watched 3 or 4 episodes and it’s definitely been disappointing. More focused on the races than the behind the scenes stuff. Was hoping for more of a behind the curtain type of thing

F1 Drive to Survive!! You can thank me later!

Daytona Duels this evening. It’s officially racing season boys!!

Yep and 90% chance of rain Sat and Sunday., For both days combined they are talking the possibility of up to 2 " of rain. At the 500 rain time, the rain chances drop to 50%. Anyway, I've already drawn my pool down a inch and the oak pollen is a killer, so hopefully the rain will wash that away..

Yep and 90% chance of rain Sat and Sunday., For both days combined they are talking the possibility of up to 2 " of rain. At the 500 rain time, the rain chances drop to 50%. Anyway, I've already drawn my pool down a inch and the oak pollen is a killer, so hopefully the rain will wash that away..
nooo GIF

For me, the season started with the Rolex 24. :cool:
I watched part of that too, but now we'll have NASCAR, or F1, or Indy pretty much every weekend through Nov

Both duels were pretty great pack races IMO. No complaints! Hope we can get the race in on Sunday

It almost seemed like Toyota/Denny funded the show

Both duels were pretty great pack races IMO. No complaints! Hope we can get the race in on Sunday
Agreed. I thought the racing looked better than the last few years. Both lanes could move a bit. Glad Blaney was ok. That was a tough hit. Amazing how far they have come with safety

He has been in the news a lot,. " Denny Hamlin says he knows he'll never win the most popular driver award, but it's been fun being the heel. Says he will win the anti-most popular driver nine times out of 10 for the rest of his career."
I understand that what all drivers do is nuts, you out your life on the line everytime you get in the car, but if you're truly that much of a dick in real life, why go on TV and show the world?

I understand that what all drivers do is nuts, you out your life on the line everytime you get in the car, but if you're truly that much of a dick in real life, why go on TV and show the world?

I noticed he was the only one who really wanted to show off his house and all his stuff/helicopter, etc. Don't get me wrong, not knocking on him being successful, he just had more of that "look what I have" on the show vs the other drivers

Agreed. I thought the racing looked better than the last few years. Both lanes could move a bit. Glad Blaney was ok. That was a tough hit. Amazing how far they have come with safety

Yeah, he has taken some licks the past few years. The over aggressive blocking needs to tone down majorly in the series. It has ramped up in the Next Gen era like crazy

I'm looking forward to the upcoming F1 testing and seeing who is fast, who is hiding stuff and who can't even get out of the garage

I'm looking forward to the upcoming F1 testing and seeing who is fast, who is hiding stuff and who can't even get out of the garage
I hopeful the red cars, Leclerc specifically, are fast, but mostly I just don't want to see another RB wins by 30 seconds every race year

I don't watch racing, but we watched the Schumacher documentary on Netflix and found it utterly fascinating. I can see how people can get into the sport and following drivers/teams.

I hopeful the red cars, Leclerc specifically, are fast, but mostly I just don't want to see another RB wins by 30 seconds every race year
Have to respect the RB performance but it sure did make for a boring season

I don't care about the front, need to see the papaya cars being competitive and not fighting for 4th place in the constructors championship, need them making the others worried about losing wins.

Back