AussieMatt travels home - a thread

This is going to be an awesome thread! Australia is the #1 spot on my bucket list

Sounds like your flights went well. Enjoy your time back at home. Australia is one place that e always wanted to see.

Have a great trip back home!

Enjoy your time.

I can’t imagine a flight that long.

Enjoy your trip. Australia is one of those places I hope to go someday.

Enjoy your trip back home

Enjoy your time there, it's a great place. Only been to Richmond and Sydney and Alice springs. Enjoy my friend.

G'day Bruces!

Well, we survived the travel home. We got delayed landing in Houston because of thunderstorms, so our layover was about 40 minutes instead of 3 hours. Flight was fine but full.

The flight to Sydney was pretty good and nowhere near full. I actually got a row to myself so I could lay down and try to sleep. Connor and Chanin stayed where they were and did just fine. Food wasn't bad and the service was good. We also had a bit of a delay but were only about 20 minutes late.

The weather is overcast but still around 70° and shorts and t-shirt weather.

This is coming into Sydney.

View attachment 9249399

View attachment 9249400

This is my Mum and her husbands house, about 40 minutes south west of Sydney and also our chariot for the next 2 weeks.

View attachment 9249402View attachment 9249403

View attachment 9249404

I'll be adding to this thread and hope to show you all my view of where I grew up.
Looks awesome. Post pics so we can see what your part of Australia looks like 😉

sounds like minus some delays it was a decent travel experience. I'd love to visit Australia, but man I can't comprehend that long flight, and I used to fly every single week at one point in my life. Enjoy the time home. Looking forward to some pics.

Did you pack your ST+?
It was good and I've go nothing but good things to say about United now. Sadly the ST+ didn't make the trip, but I was tempted.
Glad the travel was safe!

Here's a great Australian movie to watch on the way home if you haven't seen it. One of my favorites:

View attachment 9249405
Mate, I've got this on DVD!
where are all the massive spiders and people killing crawlies?
When I'm not busy running for my life and dodging them, I'll try to take a few pics!
Enjoy your trip, I look forward to seeing some pics of your homeland!

And the dropbears. We need pics of the dropbears! :ROFLMAO:
IYKYK :ROFLMAO:

First night in the books. Mum had a few people come over and it was a nice night. Connor passed out about 4.20PM, the Minister went out about 5PM and I crashed about 8. Got up at 6 this morning feeling great.

We're going to a shopping centre today and I'll take some pics because they're a bit different than the US. I've also found a couple of golf stores in the area that I'll visit.

& if there is no daily meat pie (we can discuss this another time) updates along with other childhood food favorites what are we even doing here? 🤣

& if there is no daily meat pie (we can discuss this another time) updates along with other childhood food favorites what are we even doing here? 🤣
If I don't see some vegemite I'm gonna say the whole thing is fake. :ROFLMAO:

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

Jimmy Fallon Fake News GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

He needs to educate the young uns on licorice all sorts & pies

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek's Creek

Jimmy Fallon Fake News GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

He needs to educate the young uns on licorice all sorts & pies
I wish we had good meat pies here. Pot pies (the American equivalent) just aren't the same.

I wish we had good meat pies here. Pot pies (the American equivalent) just aren't the same.
Had a good day , played with a mate at his course , and stopped at bakery on way home …. Steak and onion and
Pepper Beef pies ) delicious 😋

I do drive past the Vegemite factory ,
Quite a strong aroma ) but nothing better , on buttered toast ….

Fact

d6e179c0-6d61-43ca-bc3a-7b414f829278_text.gif

oh...this is exciting!!

I'm determined to eat my body weight in meat pies while I'm here!
I had Vegemite on toast this morning, but I'll make sure to get a picture.
That's how we say hello! :ROFLMAO:

Back