AussieMatt travels home - a thread

AuzzieMatt

2024 SkyTrak Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
G'day Bruces!

Well, we survived the travel home. We got delayed landing in Houston because of thunderstorms, so our layover was about 40 minutes instead of 3 hours. Flight was fine but full.

The flight to Sydney was pretty good and nowhere near full. I actually got a row to myself so I could lay down and try to sleep. Connor and Chanin stayed where they were and did just fine. Food wasn't bad and the service was good. We also had a bit of a delay but were only about 20 minutes late.

The weather is overcast but still around 70° and shorts and t-shirt weather.

This is coming into Sydney.

PXL_20240316_193850746.jpg

PXL_20240316_202241488.jpg

This is my Mum and her husbands house, about 40 minutes south west of Sydney and also our chariot for the next 2 weeks.

PXL_20240317_012535911.jpgPXL_20240317_012554261.jpg

PXL_20240317_012607440.jpg

I'll be adding to this thread and hope to show you all my view of where I grew up.

sounds like minus some delays it was a decent travel experience. I'd love to visit Australia, but man I can't comprehend that long flight, and I used to fly every single week at one point in my life. Enjoy the time home. Looking forward to some pics.

Did you pack your ST+?

sounds like minus some delays it was a decent travel experience. I'd love to visit Australia, but man I can't comprehend that long flight, and I used to fly every single week at one point in my life. Enjoy the time home. Looking forward to some pics.

Did you pack your ST+?
Whole lot of great golf in the sand belt though

Your flying situation sounds much better than mine when I flew to Australia. I was in coach. I slept for about 8 hours and woke up and had 7 more to go.

Glad the travel was safe!

Here's a great Australian movie to watch on the way home if you haven't seen it. One of my favorites:

1710643274147.png

Glad you made it safely friend.

Enjoy the time at home.

How long before you unpack the ST+ 😜

Enjoy your time back home!!

Enjoy every minute. Have a super trip, friends, family, home or what was before. Bathe in it all so to speak.

Enjoy being home! Looking forward to following along!

Man, that's awesome. Safe trip and ENJOY.

Safe travels cobber, just watched Ford vs Holden on my way home here.

Get your Aushtraya lingo back, enjoy it mate

Enjoy your trip, I look forward to seeing some pics of your homeland!

where are all the massive spiders and people killing crawlies?
And the dropbears. We need pics of the dropbears! :ROFLMAO:

Enjoy the trip home!!

Whole lot of great golf in the sand belt though
Trouble is he’s about 800miles north of
“ the sand belt “
But they have some very good tracks up his way too )

Glad the flight went so well. Enjoy the time home! Will be stalking the the thread for travel pics!

Have a great Vay-K.

Glad travel back to Australia was uneventful!!! Enjoy your time home!

Back