Are Sunglasses Optional?

Part of playing golf is looking cool whilst doing it, so shades 99% of the time for me LOL. I don’t have golf specific lenses as such, but I do have brown non polarized lenses for my golf shades. All my other sunglasses are grey polarized.
I've read many times about not wearing polarized lenses while golfing. What is the drawback supposed to be? All I own are polarized and they never bother me, but I'm also a bad golfer.

Other thing I'm curious about is how many of us sunglass all the timers have blue eyes since @Camjr mentioned it?

I used to wear them on the course and take them off for putts. Now I just don't wear them on the course. On immediately after though.

No sunglasses here either. Have a prescription pair but always forget about them and never wear them. Similar to @Templet0n it creates major depth perception issues for me. Really weird I know but...

After Laser surgery I always wear shades outside. Protect my investment.
Fyi laser surgery was in 1997 lol
Love the golf specifc lenses

I always wear sunglasses when it's not overcast. My eyes are too light sensitive and have become accustom to wearing them while golfing.

Sunglasses are not optional for me.

I wear sunglasses everywhere but I don’t like to golf with them.

I don't think I wear sunglasses unless I'm at the lake or on the river or something. I've never worn them golfing. And not because it would bother me. I've worn my glasses plenty of times. It's just not something I've ever felt I needed

Never while playing golf but I can't drive in the car without them

No sunglasses here either. Have a prescription pair but always forget about them and never wear them. Similar to @Templet0n it creates major depth perception issues for me. Really weird I know but...
Glad I am not the only one.. lol

I've tried multiple times, with multiple pairs and it just freaks me out. So I stop and just squint my way around the course.
Yep!!

can get away without them, but wear them outdoors probably 95% of the time.

Never while playing golf but I can't drive in the car without them
Same. And I have a pair that live in the car and never leave it, so I never have to worry about forgetting to bring them when going somewhere.

I wear my prescription sunglasses every time I golf and almost anytime I'm outside.

Love the golf prism lenses on my Oakley's

I honestly never, ever wear sunglasses. I've never been in a position on the course where I've felt like not having sunglasses was a hindrance.

I wear progressives so prescription sunglasses I'd only wear occasionally really isn't something I want to spend $$ on.

I have two pairs of prescription sunglasses handy. I keep one in my work bag, and the other in my truck. If it's remotely sunny, I'm taking sunglasses with me to the golf course - although it has to be my non-polarized pair. I learned last year that I can't play golf with polarized lenses - they mess with my depth perception.

I own a really nice pair of costas, but I wear them maybe 5 times a year and never on the course. Sunlight doesn't really bother me.

Not optional, they are a must. If I am outside, and the sun is out or even slightly out, sunglasses are on.

Except for when putting. Not allowed to be on when I am putting.

No sunglasses.
No gloves.

Geeze.
caveman smile GIF by Aardman Animations

Back