Are Sunglasses Optional?

I am a little bright light sensitive. I always have them on if I’m outside and there is any sun at all. Never take them off on the golf course unless I am in the shade looking for a ball under a tree.

I literally can't golf with them. I've tried and I just can't do it.

I wear sunglasses whenever I'm outdoors, but since my vision has started to go with age I generally don't wear them on the course. I track the ball better without them. Currently in search of a better solution that won't cost a kidney for Rx lenses.

I don’t wear sunglasses, ever.

I've read many times about not wearing polarized lenses while golfing. What is the drawback supposed to be? All I own are polarized and they never bother me, but I'm also a bad golfer.

Other thing I'm curious about is how many of us sunglass all the timers have blue eyes since @Camjr mentioned it?
It’s supposed to affect depth perception I think.

I always bring my sunglasses and I almost never wear them. If I do, it’s only for a hole or two

Sunglasses are pretty much optional for me. I wear them at the Beach and if I am driving and the sun is towards the direction I am driving. Other than that I am probably more likely to not have them on than I am to have them on. Rarely wear while I am golfing.

If ther eis even a little sun, I'm wearing sunglasses. I'll wear them on the course between shots but I don't when I'm hitting or putting. I've tried golf specific lenses but don't like the depth perception and light perspective.

Since cataract surgery it is pretty rare for me not to put sunglasses on.

Absolutely not , l have various Sunglasses, approx 10 pairs .
These have range of lens for differing conditions . What suits best comes with me , lol and sometimes 2nd or 3rd pair also .

Btw - Dont wear glasses for ordinary reasons - driving / reading etc..

That's quite the headcover.

Didnt have you as a big Pinterest user, but, ya never know.
Google took me there. It is a pretty terrible excuse for a headcover.

I cannot and will not play without them. Always have since I started

If i am outside i am wearing sunglasses. I have no issue wearing them to golf.

I leave them in my car, so I wear them when I'm driving or coming from my car. I get by if I'm driving my wife's car or just walking somewhere from the house.

I can't wear them on the course. May just be in my head, but it messes with how I'm seeing the ball at address.

I always wear sunglasses on the course and just about everywhere else. A nice pair of polarized sunglasses so I can wear them even with minimal sunlight. They also help driving in the rain too. Cuts down on the glare.

I try to wear them when golfing but often times will take them off to read putts. For some reason I just don't feel like I can read the greens as well with them on. Because of this I often forget to put them back on. But they are pretty much always on my hat.

I use Smith polorchromic sunglasses that change darkness with the light. I wear those most rounds. If nothing else, I just like having the eye protection. We can get a lot of swirling winds. And, at higher elevation, the sun is intense!

I cannot wear sunglasses out on the course. There tends to be a depth perception issue for me.

My prescription progressive sunglasses have golf-specific geometry to the transitions between distance/middle/reading powers so they work much better for golf than my regular (non-tinted) progressives. Therefore I wear the sunglasses virtually every time I play golf. They have a tint this not super dark so that they're still usable in twilight or on cloudy winter days.

So short answer is, I wear them for golf always.

Must have my golf specific sunglasses. Can't play with my regular Ray-Bans, especially the polarized ones. But my golf Oakleys are always in my bag and on my head 95% of the time.

Back