Alphard Golf club booster v2

I bought one during the holiday sale and got out with it for the first time last week. No issues, gained skill with the remote and got excited a bit with a big wheelie going up a steep slope, it didn't tip over. I think I'll move the wheelie wheels down a notch before I play that course again. Overall happy. Only negative is having to separate the V2 from the cart unless I'm missing some magic folding trick. I got their cart in the package I bought.

The top bag securing mechanism on my Caddytek 3 wheel (non swivel) push cart somewhat broke. It's just secure enough probably to use as a manual push cart, but not when it's going over bumps and such with the Alphard. So I needed to replace the Caddytek. Wanted to get something with Top-Lok to go with my ZTF bag, and decided to go with a Quad XL push cart. I knew having 4 static wheels could possibly be worse than 3 wheels, but figured I could always add on Alphard's swivel kit if it was that bad. I liked the footprint of the Quad a little better than the Nitron so that was part of the decision too.

Taking the Alphard brackets off the Caddytek and putting on the original brackets was easy to do. With the rear brake mechanism on the Quad XL, putting those brackets on was a little more complex than the Caddytek, but was still easy following Alphard's YouTube video. I had to swap over the wheelie bar mount from the Caddytek to BagBoy brackets which was no problem.

On the course I didn't really notice much of a difference in functionality between the Caddytek and Quad XL. If you look closely, the 2 front wheels drag a little more during a stationary turn compared to the Caddytek, but you can still say park next to the ball in the wrong direction and spin around just fine. While moving forward any difference in maneuverability isn't really impacting the functionality as far as I can tell. The few times I use TFS in a round it's mostly on flat, straight sections between shots, and the Quad was fine for that.

I bought one during the holiday sale and got out with it for the first time last week. No issues, gained skill with the remote and got excited a bit with a big wheelie going up a steep slope, it didn't tip over. I think I'll move the wheelie wheels down a notch before I play that course again. Overall happy. Only negative is having to separate the V2 from the cart unless I'm missing some magic folding trick. I got their cart in the package I bought.
The bracket lock (where the wheelie bars insert) needs to not be fully down after unlocking it. It can catch on the frame of the cart. Kinda like it's stuck in the V2.

Question, can anyone offer information on when the battery starts degrading, as in less than 18 on a full charge?

I purchased mine in late 21’ used it 15-20 times a year since. Store the battery indoors.

Most courses here are very flat, have not used the wheelie bars in s long time. I can (and have) pushed it a few holes when the batter conked out, i had failed to charge before the round.

Thanks, similar question for the main unit.

The cart is a Costco purchased swivel front caddytek. Only secures the bag at the base.

The top bag securing mechanism on my Caddytek 3 wheel (non swivel) push cart somewhat broke. It's just secure enough probably to use as a manual push cart, but not when it's going over bumps and such with the Alphard. So I needed to replace the Caddytek. Wanted to get something with Top-Lok to go with my ZTF bag, and decided to go with a Quad XL push cart. I knew having 4 static wheels could possibly be worse than 3 wheels, but figured I could always add on Alphard's swivel kit if it was that bad. I liked the footprint of the Quad a little better than the Nitron so that was part of the decision too.

Taking the Alphard brackets off the Caddytek and putting on the original brackets was easy to do. With the rear brake mechanism on the Quad XL, putting those brackets on was a little more complex than the Caddytek, but was still easy following Alphard's YouTube video. I had to swap over the wheelie bar mount from the Caddytek to BagBoy brackets which was no problem.

On the course I didn't really notice much of a difference in functionality between the Caddytek and Quad XL. If you look closely, the 2 front wheels drag a little more during a stationary turn compared to the Caddytek, but you can still say park next to the ball in the wrong direction and spin around just fine. While moving forward any difference in maneuverability isn't really impacting the functionality as far as I can tell. The few times I use TFS in a round it's mostly on flat, straight sections between shots, and the Quad was fine for that.
It's really nice to be able to switch like that. Maybe have to purchase different brackets sometimes, but nice. The quad static will cause more battery drain, but probably not a lot of you don't spin stationary too much. Glad to see it worked out.

Question, can anyone offer information on when the battery starts degrading, as in less than 18 on a full charge?

I purchased mine in late 21’ used it 15-20 times a year since. Store the battery indoors.

Most courses here are very flat, have not used the wheelie bars in s long time. I can (and have) pushed it a few holes when the batter conked out, i had failed to charge before the round.

The cart is a Costco purchased swivel front caddytek. Only secures the bag at the base.
I store mine in the garage, but also have a timer I use to charge. Has varied time options. Always try and charge it multiple times a month regardless of use.

Could be loosing holding capability on yours. Have never run out of juice on mine but always nervous when it gets to one dot. I believe 2 dots is 40% charge left.

Sorry can't help much

I store mine in the garage, but also have a timer I use to charge. Has varied time options. Always try and charge it multiple times a month regardless of use.

Could be loosing holding capability on yours. Have never run out of juice on mine but always nervous when it gets to one dot. I believe 2 dots is 40% charge left.

Sorry can't help much
I only ran out of juice once, because i failed to charge it so i was already on or around 1/2 or less. That i got about 13-14 holes on it was actually eye opening and very pleasantly surprising. This was last fall/maybe October. May have been the last time i used it due to my knee and ‘winter’ and generally just less play.

Reactions: J4U

I've got about 50 rounds on mine, starting with a full charge and walking 18 holes I normally have 2 lights left on the battery. My course has 4 hilly holes, rest are relatively flat.

I could probably do another 9 with it.

I charge mine after every use, plug it in and watch the charger to see when the light turns green.

The front swivel kit on the Quad XL makes a huge difference, and will help save the battery too since it won't be working so hard to turn.

The stability of the Quad makes it a great cart to use, no chance it's tipping over.

Trying something to help the TFS work better with my setup. The stock mount for the TFS doesn't grip onto my bag very well. This is a handlebar mount with a 17 mm ball which is what mates with the TFS. It is much more stable than the stock mount in this position. I mounted it to the side so when I carry the bag the handle won't be blocked. I do have to tighten/loosen the TFS to attach/detach it from the mount, but that's not a huge deal given the other steps to setup the cart and booster.

112AD9E5-AFF9-41C0-B881-93F50D116FDE.jpeg

033C7ACB-34EA-4A7C-8AA7-5A97D223DC6E.jpeg

View attachment trim.A4EF31DD-58A6-4409-8533-5FAED854F1DB.MOV

Link to mount:

Follow up on the handlebar mount, it worked great.

In general I’m finding the TFS nice to use when I need to do something like eat a snack, or when I want to get moving after my shot quickly without fiddling with the lock button on the remote.

The bracket lock (where the wheelie bars insert) needs to not be fully down after unlocking it. It can catch on the frame of the cart. Kinda like it's stuck in the V2.
@J4U thanks for the tip. It made setup and take down a lot easier.

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
There is a guy on the V2 Facebook group that 3D prints remote cases and belt holders that are magnetic. Makes using the remote a lot easier since you are not putting it in your pocket or having to hit the lock button. He also prints decals for the V2 wheels with any graphics you want on them.

Back