After each round do you talk about your gear? A 2024 challenge.

I tried to do this last year as well, but will absolutely jump in on this full on this year. I try to do that everytime I go swing clubs at all, since I'm not blessed with your ability to hit pretty much every day.

I am in and this has been something that I have tried to do in the past. What I find really helpful is for people to take the time to post something more than, “this driver was on fire,” “my iron game was so good with these,” or “I have no desire even to look at other clubs.” I love data, but I love any discussion about why something is working well, or causing a bit of a struggle.
Yeah this is a good point. I probably need to do a little better with providing more detail. I've been trying to do that lately.
Another kinda weird thing is when my posts in an equipment thread are back to back to back because I play so much. I'm trying to get better about not caring about that either.

I've never done it before, and really don't have motivation to do so. Maybe when I can do my clubs justice I'll give it a whirl.

This is exactly my plan with the ZTF and any other goodies we might get in May. Don't think people probably care about my thoughts on my OG Epic driver though.

This is exactly my plan with the ZTF and any other goodies we might get in May. Don't think people probably care about my thoughts on my OG Epic driver though.

I've heard @JB and others on staff say you'd be surprised how much traffic those older threads get from guests looking for info on potential purchases. I know that's how I found this place was looking for info on clubs from the past 5/6 years because I had been out of golf for 20.

I've heard @JB and others on staff say you'd be surprised how much traffic those older threads get from guests looking for info on potential purchases. I know that's how I found this place was looking for info on clubs from the past 5/6 years because I had been out of golf for 20.
Same!

Mine was a set of clubs I googled, it wasn't anything new at all.

You’d be surprised.

I like this as a reminder. I posted something about my irons after the last round and then didn't get to the other threads. I will make it part of my process to at least comment on one part of the bag after each round.

Yes I definitely do! It becomes a little more challenging after I start playing more rounds in the summer, so I'll pick one or two pieces of equipment each round. Lately I've been posting in pretty much every thread after every round, but that's because I'm only at a round or two a month now. That will pick up soon I hope!

Checking in...

How is this going for everyone? I'll admit I've slowed down a bit in providing feedback after each round. I definitely still find one piece of equipment to talk about after each one but I'm no longer going through my whole list of equipment threads to try and figure out things to say. I think at some point due to how much I'm playing I just run out of stuff to say.

How about everyone else? You keeping up with talking about your equipment?

Checking in...

How is this going for everyone? I'll admit I've slowed down a bit in providing feedback after each round. I definitely still find one piece of equipment to talk about after each one but I'm no longer going through my whole list of equipment threads to try and figure out things to say. I think at some point due to how much I'm playing I just run out of stuff to say.

I'm not holding up my end of the agreement. But I will try and remember to post thoughts after my round Saturday.

I'm not holding up my end of the agreement. But I will try and remember to post thoughts after my round Saturday.
That's all we can do to try and do better. I appreciate your commitment to this and I'm sure current and future THP members will find your feedback valuable.

Checking in...

Just one round so far, but definitely want to keep this going. At least commenting on a portion of the bag each round. And when the new stuff comes, it's full on post-a-ganza.

Just one round so far, but definitely want to keep this going. At least commenting on a portion of the bag each round. And when the new stuff comes, it's full on post-a-ganza.
Yep, you'll have PLENTY to talk about here in a couple short months.

I always post on forum, wither good or bad round.

Yep, you'll have PLENTY to talk about here in a couple short months.
I will indeed. Have some notes drawn up for that. But I'll do what I can to share how they work on a mid-high cap in mostly soft terrain.

Can't freaking wait!

I mostly talk about golf equipment when the weather is bad or I'm sick or injured or have other obligations keeping me from playing golf. As long as I'm playing every day or most days, no real urge to do forum stuff.

I've been doing pretty well, but it's getting hard to at anything that I think is actually of value. Bags especially are challenging to review for me.

I've been doing pretty well, but it's getting hard to at anything that I think is actually of value. Bags especially are challenging to review for me.
With bags I'd talk about pocket placement, ease of pulling clubs, durability, style choices, how easily it cleans up. All kinds of stuff people search for and want to read about.

Other than my lob wedge and putter, everything is a generation old. I dont think anyone cares.
Well, my DCB21's should be a generation old.
C'mon Callaway, lets see the new DCBs for crying out loud!

Other than my lob wedge and putter, everything is a generation old. I dont think anyone cares.
Well, my DCB21's should be a generation old.
C'mon Callaway, lets see the new DCBs for crying out loud!
People care.

I know of a few, including myself, that found out about THP based on searching for old equipment reviews. If people are adding new posts to those old threads it starts to make them jump up in google search rankings.

That’s my goal - share a little more after each round. Now I just need to play more 😀

Since late last year after each round I play I've been challenging myself to go into some of the threads of the clubs I own and talk about my gear. Something about their performance that day, how I'm getting along with them, how they sound/feel, or if they aren't performing and I'm looking to change something, etc..

I find it so beneficial to read other THP'ers thoughts on the clubs they own that I want to make sure that I'm also giving back to the community and adding to the dialogue here. Is this something that you do after you play? If not why?

I challenge each of you to look up the threads of each piece of gear you have, add those threads to your watched threads lists for easy access, and then after you play a round of golf pick at least 1 or two of those threads to go in and tell us about how that gear performed for you that round! I know a lot of you already do this and that's awesome. Let's fill these THP threads up with real-world user feedback that will be beneficial to all of us!
I enjoy doing so, but as of now my gear is all years old or at least a couple seasons release old. I can probably go back and talk about it, but you tend to start talking to yourself.

Golf balls are the only thing I potentially could discuss at this point, but even with that I haven't been buying new golf balls recently either.

People care.

I know of a few, including myself, that found out about THP based on searching for old equipment reviews. If people are adding new posts to those old threads it starts to make them jump up in google search rankings.
I definitely skimmed before making my post. but I get your point here. never thought about pushing them up on google spots before though.

I enjoy doing so, but as of now my gear is all years old or at least a couple seasons release old. I can probably go back and talk about it, but you tend to start talking to yourself.

Golf balls are the only thing I potentially could discuss at this point, but even with that I haven't been buying new golf balls recently either.
That seems to be a common misconception about old equipment in this thread. Put yourself in the shoes of someone just starting off or starting back into the game. They are at the local used golf club store and pickup a old driver. They don't know anything about it or the brand and search it up on google.

Then Boom... your feedback in a 4 year old thread is new enough to rank well on google and they click the link and find out how awesome a place THP is.

Then in 3 months they are complete lunatics like most of us here. :ROFLMAO:

the lion king disney GIF

Back