After each round do you talk about your gear? A 2024 challenge.

That post

aka GolfOrElse
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Boycotting
Since late last year after each round I play I've been challenging myself to go into some of the threads of the clubs I own and talk about my gear. Something about their performance that day, how I'm getting along with them, how they sound/feel, or if they aren't performing and I'm looking to change something, etc..

I find it so beneficial to read other THP'ers thoughts on the clubs they own that I want to make sure that I'm also giving back to the community and adding to the dialogue here. Is this something that you do after you play? If not why?

I challenge each of you to look up the threads of each piece of gear you have, add those threads to your watched threads lists for easy access, and then after you play a round of golf pick at least 1 or two of those threads to go in and tell us about how that gear performed for you that round! I know a lot of you already do this and that's awesome. Let's fill these THP threads up with real-world user feedback that will be beneficial to all of us!

You didn't have me until you said 1 or 2 threads. That I can get on board with. And historically I try to do that. It's freshest then. Sometimes I'll collect new thoughts a little longer.

I like this idea very much.

Hmm, some of mine are still on the surgery table and the first round of the year is Sunday, i wonder if there is a Titleist 775CB thread still alive or if it's long since archived? 🤣

That being said, the TEE TEEm Tour Edge threads will get some love, those are firmly in the bag still, especially with the full set of re-sjafted wedges itching for some grass time.

Love this and something I try to whenever play a round or go try out some clubs at the store. Even at the range if something really stands out, I find myself searching for a thread.

Since late last year after each round I play I've been challenging myself to go into some of the threads of the clubs I own and talk about my gear. Something about their performance that day, how I'm getting along with them, how they sound/feel, or if they aren't performing and I'm looking to change something, etc..

I find it so beneficial to read other THP'ers thoughts on the clubs they own that I want to make sure that I'm also giving back to the community and adding to the dialogue here. Is this something that you do after you play? If not why?

I challenge each of you to look up the threads of each piece of gear you have, add those threads to your watched threads lists for easy access, and then after you play a round of golf pick at least 1 or two of those threads to go in and tell us about how that gear performed for you that round! I know a lot of you already do this and that's awesome. Let's fill these THP threads up with real-world user feedback that will be beneficial to all of us!
This is something I have committed to doing this year. Unfortunately I can golf yet... (maybe tomorrow) but I have told myself I want to bring it to the forum in one way or another. Whether it be through the live round thread or something about my equipment.

Love this and something I try to whenever play a round or go try out some clubs at the store. Even at the range if something really stands out, I find myself searching for a thread.
Yeah that’s a good point and I’ve been making it a point to do the same thing. When I tried the 2024 drivers I went into each thread and shared my .02

I feel like those kinds of posts from just average consumers are so very valuable and one of the things I enjoy most about being on thp so I want to make sure to do my part to add value.

I don’t necessarily go in there immediately after each round but do within a day or two. The amount of golf I am playing these days has decreased, but I do try to at least get out every other week. The good thing with the SIM I will try to get out and get swings in a few days a week.

I don’t necessarily go in there immediately after each round but do within a day or two. The amount of golf I am playing these days has decreased, but I do try to at least get out every other week. The good thing with the SIM I will try to get out and get swings in a few days a week.
For me and the way I operate day to day I have to do it that night or it won’t happen and/or I’ll forget anything I intended to say. 😂

Yes, I’m gonna try for sure!

For me and the way I operate day to day I have to do it that night or it won’t happen and/or I’ll forget anything I intended to say. 😂
It can happen to the best of us and I even need a friendly nudge to get in and talk about it before my next round.

I'm on the fence as to whether anyone likes or cares about my thoughts. But as i tell my wife, you are stuck with them until someone with power blocks me.

So i am in

I think you could likely predict my GHIN dates based on posts in equipment threads 😂

I'm on the fence as to whether anyone likes or cares about my thoughts. But as i tell my wife, you are stuck with them until someone with power blocks me.

So i am in
We care. This might be the ONLY place that cares deeply about your post round thoughts on golf equipment. 😆

Post them up!

Great idea …. I’ll just have to remember when time comes to play, in another month or 2.

I update thoughts on my gear all the time. Try to let people know and share about my tinkering. I’m a self fitter by trial and error and I think it’s a lot of fun to share those trials and tribulations.

I’m a self fitter by trial and error and I think it’s a lot of fun to share those trials and tribulations.
I am too and a lot of that starts with digging through a thread and reading thoughts on a piece of equiptment I've got my eye on.
Thanks for always sharing your thoughts and tinkering!

I absolutely, totally, and COMPLETELY effing LOVE this.

I'm in!

Great reminder, especially for those who have been a part of THP Experiences and/or selected as THP product testers. You don't have to write a book about it, but any observations you can make about your gear could be helpful to somebody. Think of what you'd want to know about and/or what questions you'd ask if you came here looking to read about a product, and address it that way.

So i am in
Just post away, dude. Some times, we post and we think no one reads it or replies, but remember the amount of guests that view these threads as well and that someone is getting information that they are looking for.

Just post away, dude. Some times, we post and we think no one reads it or replies, but remember the amount of guests that view these threads as well and that someone is getting information that they are looking for.
Good point. A lot more people read the threads than reply to them, there's no such thing as too much information. The more input from all over the spectrum of golfers, the better. A slow swinging, higher handicap golfer may have a completely different experience than a fast swinging low 'cap, and all the data points are equally valid.

Good point. A lot more people read the threads than reply to them, there's no such thing as too much information. The more input from all over the spectrum of golfers, the better. A slow swinging, higher handicap golfer may have a completely different experience than a fast swinging low 'cap, and all the data points are equally valid.
Hell, I even reply to myself sometimes in some of the threads.

Back