Adams Speedline Super XTD Fairway and Idea Super XTD Hybrid

Yeah, simply overpriced like others have said. I hit the hybo and it is hot hot hot.

Yeah, simply overpriced like others have said. I hit the hybo and it is hot hot hot.

How is it overpriced?

Taylormade's R11 Ti fairway was $299 as well and came with a much crappier shaft (unless it fit you). Even still it's $250 most places on sale

Stopped by GG to pick up a shaft they tipped and gripped for me and while there hit the 19* hybrid. It was ok but I wasnt blown away. On average it was about 205 with the longest being 226 I think. Like yesterdays round I was hitting everything way left though. I still think the RBZ has as much hotter face at this point.

How is it overpriced?

Taylormade's R11 Ti fairway was $299 as well and came with a much crappier shaft (unless it fit you). Even still it's $250 most places on sale

Performance over other hybrids did not give enough value for my dollar. I get that it has stronger components. Think Adams would give me a discount if I asked for one of their made for graphite shafts in the hybo? Probably not.

Performance over other hybrids did not give enough value for my dollar. I get that it has stronger components. Think Adams would give me a discount if I asked for one of their made for graphite shafts in the hybo? Probably not.

Fair enough if that's the results for you but that doesn't make it over priced in general. They were 14 yards on average longer then my hybrids now so I wouldn't say that's a bad deal at all. Titanium faced clubs are at a premium. Adams does have this club with a steel face being released with the same shaft for $199 instead.

Adams is actually good that way. They'll stick in any shaft they use as stock into any of their hybrids. Sure you won't get a discount here but if you wanted say a A12 hybrid with the Fubuki AX in it, it's the same cost as the stock one which is a pretty sweet deal really.

Fair enough if that's the results for you but that doesn't make it over priced in general. They were 14 yards on average longer then my hybrids now so I wouldn't say that's a bad deal at all. Titanium faced clubs are at a premium. Adams does have this club with a steel face being released with the same shaft for $199 instead.

Adams is actually good that way. They'll stick in any shaft they use as stock into any of their hybrids. Sure you won't get a discount here but if you wanted say a A12 hybrid with the Fubuki AX in it, it's the same cost as the stock one which is a pretty sweet deal really.

That's a good deal more yards ST. I think Adams makes something for everyone.

I played a SH some of last year and this was similar. Absolute bomber.

This hybrid looks gorgeous to me. I need to demo it at some point.

Does anyone have any experience hitting the Adams Super XTD fairway versus the Mashie Fairway ?

Does anyone have any experience hitting the Adams Super XTD fairway versus the Mashie Fairway ?

Adams is supposed to be at the demo day I'm going to tomorrow, so I'll try to hit the XTD and report back for you.

Well I for one was sold lock, stock, and barrel. When I first demoed these I hit the 21* and was blown away. It carried 17 yards further than my Mashie and was 20 yards longer total. Heck, it ended up being just 12 yards of carry short of my r11 ti 3wood. :bulgy-eyes: I had to redo all my gaps, but it was well worth it. Not many clubs shock me when I hit them so when it happens, I make it a policy to do what I can to insert them in my bag, lol (did A LOT of disciplined saving). :weep:

Well I for one was sold lock, stock, and barrel. When I first demoed these I hit the 21* and was blown away. It carried 17 yards further than my Mashie and was 20 yards longer total. Heck, it ended up being just 12 yards of carry short of my r11 ti 3wood. :bulgy-eyes: I had to redo all my gaps, but it was well worth it. Not many clubs shock me when I hit them so when it happens, I make it a policy to do what I can to insert them in my bag, lol (did A LOT of disciplined saving). :weep:

Awesome thoughts man. I need a long reliable hybrid in my bag long term if I am going to start really scoring. This one has caught my eye.

Byrdstrike,
I have an 18* XTD Superfairway on back order thru Amazon. Does your 17* hybrid give you 4 or 5 wood distance ? If you were to guess what distance you would achieve with the Adams XTD 18* fairway in comparison to the 17* XTD Hybrid, what would it be ?

Byrdstrike,
I have an 18* XTD Superfairway on back order thru Amazon. Does your 17* hybrid give you 4 or 5 wood distance ? If you were to guess what distance you would achieve with the Adams XTD 18* fairway in comparison to the 17* XTD Hybrid, what would it be ?

Well, I would say that it is probably relative to how long each individual hits their stuff. For example, when I hit that 21* hybrid, it was knocking on my old 3 wood carry distance. That puts my 17* right about at my old 3 wood carry. As far as 18* vs 17*, I would think its like any other fw/hy comparison- my guess is the 18* would end up being maybe a hair longer due to the little bit of extra length in the shaft and the fact that it would have an all titanium head as opposed to the ti/steel combo in the hybrid. Bottom line is that they are still probably gonna be really close in distance tho, Imo.

I forgot to look for these at the Adams tent during my club's demo day last week. Hit them today at PGA SS, and they are definitely long. I could not hit the reg. flex shafts straight though, and they didn't have any stiffs for demo.

Just picked up a 17* super hybrid non-xtd. This thing was HOT! Was demo'n 5 woods and thought I would try the hybrid and see what I thought. 148mph ball speed which being at GG I took it with a grain of salt. For comparison sake I was trying the R11 4 wood and getting 142 ball speed. They gave me the xtd and I was getting around the same as the r11 4 wood. Shaft is the Ozik Program H7.1 liked the feel personally compared to the Fubuki. If you have not tried it go do it now! The non-xtd is HOT and at a better price point!

Had the opportunity a few weekends back to have Adams at a local demo day. I tested the XTD version of the 14.5 3 wood as well as the 15 and 17 degree Super Hybrids. They are silky smooth and super long. Really easy to hit off the deck. Ended up taking home the 15 degree SH. More versatile than the 14.5 3 wood. Just an awesome club. And is about 15 yards longer carry than my old Fast 10 3 wood.

Has anyone compared a speedline F11 ti 3wd to a XTD 3wd? I would really be interested to here opinions. The F11 ti 3wd is on sale at quite a few places right now for half the price of the XTD. It's hard not to want go that route. I just picked up a mint condition 17 XTD hybrid at Golfsmith for $110 in their pre-owned section. I just couldn't pass it up even though it throw a wrench in my gaps. Now I have to look at replacing my 3wd and maybe a 21 XTD hybrid to fix the gap between my 17xtd and 4 iron.

BTW, I've just started playing again after 10yrs off. My son got me back into it and I'm so glad he did. I found this site while trying to do some research on clubs to buy. I've since spent quite a bit of time on on this great site and really enjoy reading all the great info that's available here. It's amazing how much golf has changed in the 10yrs I've been away from it.

I am absolutely in love with this club I am not playing the XTD as I was getting more BS and distance with the standard Super Hybrid. I hit it multiple times on the course today second shots on par 5's and it was just so easy to hit gets up high in the air and carries forever! If you are on the fence just do yourself a favor and buy one now!

Played my first round yesterday with my XTD 15 degree SH and man it is awesome. I hit one bad tee shot with it but the swing was awful. The most amazing shot I hit was on a par 5. I was 260ish out. Downhill lit in light rough. I hit a bullet that probably only went 30 or so feet off the ground. Straight as an arrow. Rolled up onto the fringe for a easy two putt birdie.

I had the chance to hit the 19° hybrid today at a demo day (it was the only loft he had in stiff shaft). I've never been one to like hybrids (gamed one years ago but was happy to replace it when my clubs were stolen), but I broke my 4i a few weeks ago, and want to be objective in getting a replacement. At the Adams demo day (where for some reason the guy was not all that confident the company sale will go through), I hit a bunch of clubs (the adjustable driver at 8.5° I fell in love with), and this hybrid beyond any of the others he had (4 different 'types') just jumped out at me. Everything I hit I hit well, and it was actually going farther than my 5 wood (this sentence needed some parentheses so I wrote this). It will definitely be at or near the top of my list when I go out to get a hybrid in the coming weeks (hopefully).

The ball just seemed to jump off the clubface with a strong and confident twang. I didn't even have to look up to know it was going where I wanted it to. Even stranger to me, as I normally hit my longer irons with a slight draw, I could set up for a fade really easily and even had slight or strong control without difficulty. As a p.s., I loved the cb3 irons but not the pro a12 ones.

Interesting stuff guys... I have been an Adams guy for a long time. Recently, I gave my son my beloved set of irons, including the 4 hybrid. That was my money club! I replaced it with an A12, and I hit nothing but pull hooks with it? Hard to tell, but maybe offset is different or it's closed a bit, but I can't hit it to save me. Anyone have this experience with the XTD Hybrids?

I'm interested in this 3wood, anyone out there with some new reviews, maybe a comparison against the RBZ?

I went to Golfsmith today and hit the ping i20, and the mashie. I hit the mashie much better than the Ping but then the salesman put this stick in my hand. I was crushing it. I averaged 15 yards longer and my spin rate was much lower. I think I'm pulling the trigger today.

I've got one of these being built for me by Blind9 right now, the 19* XTD SH, I cannot wait to slap some feedback in here. Pumped!

So I've found that many people are having the weights in the bottom of the club fall out from normal use. Definitely a build problem that Adams is having. My weight just fell out this weekend. Given how backed up Adams is from this issue, I am thinking about glueing the weight back in myself. Anyone have any recommendations on what type of epoxy to use?

Back