Adams a12 OS Irons Review Thread - Forum Testing

Know what I like about these sticks? The awesome read I get whenever I kick back and read this thread. You guys and gal have done such a great job I feel like I already have them in the bag.

Glad you were able to get out again Spank, good thoughts, I agree wholeheartedly on how easy these clubs are to hit, even after a lay off. I particularly like your comment on the transitionals "solid and unspectacular which means straight and steady" that really describes them well. Actually that describes the entire set to me. Your last statement is spot on also, nice report.
On behalf of all of us who are testing or people who have purchased these clubs and giving their observations I say thank you griff for the shout out.

Nice to hear you got back out there, Spank. It's cool to see two of the testers have the same experience with regaining their swing and confidence after a break. That's a great quality to have going for you in a set of irons.

Nice job Spank, good to hear you getting back out there. You guy's mention how important tempo is as well as ball placement and that's the two things I struggle with the most, could be the reason I've struggled with the lefts lately. If you have seen my swing you know I have a habit of scooting the ball a bit forward on all clubs and attack the ball. My buddies even comment how I "Come out of my shoe's". Anyway, hope you get back out there soon.

Hi , I'm a newbie to the forum but have been following this thread since it started over a month ago.

I'd like to say well done to all the Testers on doing such a great Job , you should also be given sales jobs for Adams as a result of your Reveiws I have bought a set of the A12 OS Hybrid Irons , even went to the Lengths of getting them imported to the UK. I must be one of the first people outside the US to get my hands on a Set . Not due for sale in the UK until the 15th November and I've had my set just over a week now.

So far I've only hit them down the range twice and am going through the Intial transition of the different feel of hitting a diferent set to what I'm used to so no consistency (not that I have much anyway) , intial thoughts are that the Hybrids absolutely smash it with a good swing , got 180yards out of the 5H when my previous 5H Hybrid only got me 150-160yards.

Anyways KUTGW everyone and I'll keep you posted on how I get on.

Welcome to THP Martin, will be looking forward to reading your on course results.

Last edited:
Hi , I'm a newbie to the forum but have been following this thread since it started over a month ago.

I'd like to say well done to all the Testers on doing such a great Job , you should also be given sales jobs for Adams as a result of your Reveiws I have bought a set of the A12 OS Hybrid Irons , even went to the Lengths of getting them imported to the UK. I must be one of the first people outside the US to get my hands on a Set . Not due for sale in the UK until the 15th November and I've had my set just over a week now.

So far I've only hit them down the range twice and am going through the Intial transition of the different feel of hitting a diferent set to what I'm used to so no consistency (not that I have much anyway) , intial thoughts are that the Hybrids absolutely smash it with a good swing , got 180yards out of the 5H when my previous 5H Hybrid only got me 150-160yards.

Anyways KUTGW everyone and I'll keep you posted on how I get on.

Martin, that's good stuff man, welcome to THP and the Adams fan club. Feel free to jump in any time, we all want to hear how these are working out. Good luck with the new set and keep us in the loop.

Martin,

First welcome to THP! That's amazing that you had the clubs shipped to the UK! It means alot to us as testers to hear about people spending their hard earned cash based on our reviews, I think you'll be very happy with your purchase. Feel free to ask questions of any of us and be sure to keep us updated on your progress with the clubs.

Welcome to THP, Martin. Love to hear about the reviews helping people out like that. Good luck with the new sticks.

I played today from the white tees 70.2/124 @ 6314 yards. That is fairly long for this old man so I had the opportunity to hit many shots with the hybrids. The addition I made with the 3H is really paying off, I hit one green from 209 yds into a mild wind and slightly down hill, the ball was 25' left of the pin, a great shot for me. I also hit the 3H to a pin 192 yds away in was 5 yards straight behind the pin, this was on flat terrain and again I was very pleased with these results. I also played it from the tee on a short par 4 and SkyDroid measured it at 209, very happy with the 3H.
I had a 4H 210 yds down a pretty good hill and was only 5 yards short of the pin, I had to fly a trap at 190 so again this was a good shot. On a 183 yd par 3 I used the 5h and slightly mishit it, it was right of the green and about 3 yds short, there was a pretty good cross wind so it may have held the ball up in the air for more distance that the shot merited. Use the 6H on a 160 yd par 3 and hit the green, about 25 feet short of the pin. All in all the hybrids are working great.

The 7 & 8 were working about as well, used the 8 on a 142 yard par 3 and was about 12 feet short and left. Used the 7 several times from 140 to 150 with very passable results, these clubs continue to be fun to hit.

The scoring clubs are very easy to hit, and they were predictible on distance and direction, I am so thankful to Adams Golf and THP for allowing me to test these clubs. I did not mention in the beginning but I shot a 79 today and used an awful 35 putts, just need to get the putter working as well as the a12OS clubs are.

Wow, great job DD, the hybrids are really getting it done, but sounds like the whole set is rocking. Nice to hear.

Tap,Tap,Tap

These things just flat out work buddy, I never thought the irons would knock my Mizuno MX-300's out of the bag, and certainly did not think the hybrids could move the Bridgestone J-36's I loved those hybrids.

Great write up DD! Glad to see that 3H is working out for you, I am definately going to be adding it to my bag before too long. I have also been very curious about the SW and LW that goes with this set.

I am curious about the SW and LW too, but I am thinking I will look very closely at the SCOR wedges going by the great reviews they have received in the testing thread, they sound awesome themselves. The club I still keep thinking of adding to my bag the most is the 6I, I like the 6H but there just remains something about it, we will see.

Ill have a write up tonight or tomorrow am from my round yesterday but I wanted to give a quick update! Story of the day was over the top. I managed to stay in play better than I would have and thats a testament to how forgiving these clubs are! What was funny is the clubs I normally come over the top (GW, PW) were spot on yesterday! My first hole I put the GW to 10 feet and nailed the birdie.

I had a terrible round of golf yesterday at River Forest. It's a semi-private course that is just gorgeous. My best score there is an 83 but yesterday was my worse at 97. I had 40 putts! Their greens were slicker than I've ever seen them. I wish I could say that it was just my putting, but things just weren't working well for me at all.

I had a 52 on the front nine. I was hitting my irons and even my hybrids thin. I kept trying to help everything up. I was completely agitated after starting with a 6, 8, 8.

Once we made the turn, I started striking the ball much better. I had a 45 on the back regardless of the bad putting.

I usually play my 7 wood on a particular par 3 but this time they had the pin tucked behind a bunker on the front of the green. Loving my hybrids like I do, I pulled my 4 hybrid out and aimed just right of the bunker and hit a beautiful draw that hit right onto the front of the green and stopped 6' left of the pin. Wish I could say I made birdie but a par was better than all those other ugly holes.

Another memorable hole where the Adams shined was on a tough par 4. The water from our tees played at 164 from our tee so I hit my 6 hybrid and laid up perfectly on a ledge. I had an approach shot that carried 144 to the pin that was on the top tier on the back of the green. It was almost all carry over the water with a raised green and a slope that throws your ball back into the water if you miss. I wavered between clubs for a while and decided on my 5 hybrid. I was a bit chicken at first and almost went for the front left side of the green which played much shorter. I talked myself into going for the top tier because I have that much confidence in these hybrids. I hit the perfect shot straight at the pin and ended up stopping on the fringe about 15' behind the pin. I ended up with a par which made me feel much better. My game was coming back.

The summary of yesterday's round is that my iron shots from the fairway were mostly bad. I either bladed my irons or hit a couple big hooks, one of which ended up in the water. I did well with the irons off the tee though. I even hit a 6 hybrid on a par 3 that I hit thin and into a trap on the right. That was the only bad hybrid shot though as all the rest were really good. It was just a bad day period and one I don't blame on the clubs at all.

I had 5 pars all day and a bunch of other ugly stuff to go with them.

Ouch, that score is certainly out of character for you Kelly, glad to read about things starting to come back around after the horrible start yesterday. You certainly did throw some really nice shots in there, focus on the good ones and everything will be fine next time out.

Ouch, that score is certainly out of character for you Kelly, glad to read about things starting to come back around after the horrible start yesterday. You certainly did throw some really nice shots in there, focus on the good ones and everything will be fine next time out.

It's golf DD...it'll all be okay again soon. I'm taking a break from golf for a few days. My body is telling me to rest. Sore shoulders, back, feet, everything. Haha, I am so addicted!

I am curious about the SW and LW too, but I am thinking I will look very closely at the SCOR wedges going by the great reviews they have received in the testing thread, they sound awesome themselves. The club I still keep thinking of adding to my bag the most is the 6I, I like the 6H but there just remains something about it, we will see.

Yeah, those are on my list too, the thing I keep thinking though is I would have the same shaft all the way through the set and I kinda like that idea.

Sorry to hear it Kelly, but at least you got out there. You'll have it back on your next round, likely shoot a personal best.

Played with my normal Saturday group today and it was the tale of two 9's...maybe because it was still cold and almost still dark when we teed off, but I really struggled with everything on the front nine, couldn't do anything right and limped home with a sorry 48. We made the turn and I piped the drive on 10 and it was like a light switch was flipped...suddenly everything was working and I shot a 41 that featured a triple on #17 because of a OOB tee shot and a power lip out putt..if I could have parred that hole I work have shot my all time low of 38.

Hybrids: I hit these pretty good on the front but was lights out on the back with them...I hit a 4H to 2 feet from 201 over water, 5H I stuck to 5 feet on a 186 yard Par 3 and the 6H one hopped the pin from 165 out on a par 4...all of those shots were high, long and had just a baby fade right at the end...I love that shot coming into the green because it checks up so quick.

Transitional Irons 7-8: Not a bad day but I did hit several fat and thin on the front 9, back nine everything was one....nice and high with the same baby fade.

Scoring Irons 9-GW: 9 iron never left the bag, only hit PW once from 115 and was about 15 feet from the hole, GW I hit thin a few times early but came up big late in the round.

Overall: The Adams clubs did their job today, I was just stiff and being too mechanical early in the round...when I quit thinking and started swinging everything went great.

Going to get out and play again tomorrow and try to start off like I finished today!

Played my home course with the guys today and played the gold tees with them. I was hitting the ball so much better and shot an 83 (41,42). I was really hitting the irons well but there was a good bit of wind that caught me on a few shots. I concentrated on a smooth tempo and it paid off. Still need to work harder on the short game but the Adams clubs performed well all day.

Good thought right there TBT, if we can just stop thinking and get out of the way we usually can play pretty well. I know I am guilty of over thinking way more often than I care to admit.

Nice going KB, I recall you said you were going to take a few days off from golf, but I did not believe it for a minute, I know you love getting out there. I have enjoyed playing in the wind the last couple of days, sounds like the Adams handled really well for you.

Looked at these at gg. Pictures don't do these justice. They are real eye catchers for sure

Glad you played well today KB
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Good thought right there TBT, if we can just stop thinking and get out of the way we usually can play pretty well. I know I am guilty of over thinking way more often than I care to admit.

Nice going KB, I recall you said you were going to take a few days off from golf, but I did not believe it for a minute, I know you love getting out there. I have enjoyed playing in the wind the last couple of days, sounds like the Adams handled really well for you.

I've been saying that all year but about the only time I take off is when it rains or my body just won't go anymore. I jumped on the course yesterday and practiced wedge shots from 100 yards in and chipped a ton. The practice yesterday paid off today. Maybe I will take tomorrow off <wink>.

Back