I've got an Elegoo Mars and just getting a little frustrated with the whole hobby. When I get the prints to work, they come out fabulous. I'm a big nerd, so I use it to print minis for Dungeons & Dragons. It's not that the print settings are bad. I upped the bottom exposure time and used the WD-40 trick to stop prints from sticking to the FEP in the resin tank. However it just seems like every third or fourth print I wind up with some issue that causes a partial failure.

Twice now I've had the FEP leak in the middle of a print. I have a gasket over the screen for extra protection, so the machine is fine. But now I've got to shut down and clean the whole thing and replace a gasket again. Of course I've had prints stick to the resin tray rather than the build plate, which led to an entire tray getting ruined. So I've also replaced a tray, and I have extra FEP sheets so I can swap those out.

Sorry for the rant, but it's just that there's a lot more down time and need to replace parts more than I thought there would be. Plus having to purchase the rubbing alcohol, WD-40, rubber gloves, UV light, etc. a bunch of extra cost I didn't consider. I don't want to quit on this yet, but does anyone have tips, or a checklist they follow to get quality prints with little downtime?

Back