274 day Royal Caribbean Cruise - Could you be on a ship for 9 months?

Checking that article for the same thing. 100% somebody dies on this voyage, 99% chance from old age… or murder
Professor Plum stabbed Mrs. Peacock in the cabin with the knife ... then threw her off the balcony :ROFLMAO:

\
Lucky you, it was not on the last 3 cruises we were on. the wife went to Spain and cruised and it was horrid even while paying to get access.
For a 9 month cruise I think they had to include that as a perk ha

I wonder how much they change that menu up. Even on a cruise and all those stations, it gets old realll fast.
A ship like that probably had 4-5 restaurants plus the buffet options

A ship like that probably had 4-5 restaurants plus the buffet options
Usually those speciality restaurants aren’t included. Granted on a 9mo cruise, I’m guessing you have a few more perks. I’m bummed I can’t see what all was included at this point for pure curiosity sake

Being that I am currently on day 2 of a 7 day cruise, I think I could.

But the real question is whether they would want me on the boat for that long, TBH. They would definitely need to have way more 1942 than is currently on my ship. It’s only a $2 up charge in my drink package.

Retired with no worries at home, hell yeah I would

I was on this ship for 730 days and as cruise ships go, it sucks. So yeah, I could do it.

USS_Nimitz_%28CVN-68%29.jpg
How many days did you get to be on land in that time?

Being that I am currently on day 2 of a 7 day cruise, I think I could.

But the real question is whether they would want me on the boat for that long, TBH. They would definitely need to have way more 1942 than is currently on my ship. It’s only a $2 up charge in my drink package.
Courteney Cox Drinking GIF

I was on this ship for 730 days and as cruise ships go, it sucks. So yeah, I could do it.

I would imagine the excursions were a bit more exciting than just waterfall sightseeings, especially if you somehow got to hitch a ride on the tenders there… (I know that’s not a thing but in my mind it absolutely is)

How many days did you get to be on land in that time?

Our deployments were typically 6 months long. During those deployments you'd pull into liberty ports probably 6 or 8 times, usually staying 2-4 days at each port. You'd have duty one day, so you'd get between 1-3 days of liberty. That doesn't mean you could just be gone though. You had to return to the ship each evening and sleep on the ship.

We did have some in-shipyard periods. I'd have an apartment for most of those, because living on the ship during any kind of shipyard work is awful. There's always noise going on and someone is always finding you to do something. However, during some short periods I did live on the ship to save money.

Whether you were in-port or underway, not much really changed - it was more just the jobs you were doing.

I would imagine the excursions were a bit more exciting than just waterfall sightseeings, especially if you somehow got to hitch a ride on the tenders there… (I know that’s not a thing but in my mind it absolutely is)

I have one carrier trap to my credit. Of course I wasn't flying - I was just a passenger, flying onboard the C-2 COD mail delivery plane.

Definitely one of the more interesting times of my life though. You do see some wild stuff in the military.

First - Thank you for your Service!!
You were on this ship for 2 years straight? No break beside some port of calls?

Our deployments were typically 6 months long. During those deployments you'd pull into liberty ports probably 6 or 8 times, usually staying 2-4 days at each port. You'd have duty one day, so you'd get between 1-3 days of liberty. That doesn't mean you could just be gone though. You had to return to the ship each evening and sleep on the ship.

We did have some in-shipyard periods. I'd have an apartment for most of those, because living on the ship during any kind of shipyard work is awful. There's always noise going on and someone is always finding you to do something. However, during some short periods I did live on the ship to save money.

Whether you were in-port or underway, not much really changed - it was more just the jobs you were doing.
That's really interesting. Thanks.

Being I have never been on a cruise ship I would say I wouldn't be able to do it.

First - Thank you for your Service!!
You were on this ship for 2 years straight? No break beside some port of calls?

No, not quite that dramatic. I was assigned to the ship and there working for 2 years straight, but as mentioned in the other post, we did have periods where we in the shipyard for months at a time. During those longer periods I would get an apartment and live off-ship. But I did live on the ship for the majority of my time, in luxury accommodations like this:

Bunks-3-high.jpg

I don’t think I’d have any issues having a good time on a cruise ship for that period of time.

No, not quite that dramatic. I was assigned to the ship and there working for 2 years straight, but as mentioned in the other post, we did have periods where we in the shipyard for months at a time. During those longer periods I would get an apartment and live off-ship. But I did live on the ship for the majority of my time, in luxury accommodations like this:

Bunks-3-high.jpg
Would love to see a services experience thread one day.

I was reading the article and one of the tik tok peoples tag is Little Rat Brain then referenced later as LRB haha. The one and only Little Rat Bastard came to mind instead

I was reading the article and one of the tik tok peoples tag is Little Rat Brain then referenced later as LRB haha. The one and only Little Rat Bastard came to mind instead
I need Jos to teach me aim point, but for drinks.

Heck yes. And maybe I would come back as the ultimate hackers paradise contributor…if I could work on my golf lesson swing daily.

Back