23’ UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Shafts

@DannyLe Question: I have 2 of the new Mizuno STZ 230 hybrids. Love the feel of the LinQ Blue shaft in the F5. Is this same as the driver shaft? Is it a specific shaft for hybrids?

Thank you. Wonder how the Blue feels compared to the Red as well as spin and launch
I can’t speak for that much. The black in my driver is heavier and stiffer and it’s easy to feel the difference.

Anyone have additional comparisons from the Red to the Blue?

Guess I found the wrong thread before but we've got some new weapons for the AI Smoke 3 wood and 21Dg UW this week.

LinQ White 7F4s

1000013319.jpg

My M40x in Red has arrived. :)

Absolutely loving the Red 7f4 in my 2024 Apex UW.

I hit two awesome shots during my Masters trip rounds. One was from hard pan left side off the fairway and trees on left blocking direct route to green. 210ish to middle of green. I focused on hitting down on the ball at the right side of the green and hit the perfect draw that released about half way up the green. Easily a top shot of the week for me.

Absolutely loving the Red 7f4 in my 2024 Apex UW.

I hit two awesome shots during my Masters trip rounds. One was from hard pan left side off the fairway and trees on left blocking direct route to green. 210ish to middle of green. I focused on hitting down on the ball at the right side of the green and hit the perfect draw that released about half way up the green. Easily a top shot of the week for me.
So excited to get a LinQ in my UW. It's the club I always reach for when I need a fairway.

So excited to get a LinQ in my UW. It's the club I always reach for when I need a fairway.
Should be awesome! I need to try the White one if these days too.

That’s going to be a killer combo for you!

IMG_3892.jpeg

Linq Proto with Darkspeed X Driver
This shaft is so perfect to let me swing free, it’s whippy but heavy and seldomly lets me pull the ball left. My drives are incredibly straight when I aim correctly and it times up everything really well for me. Still can’t believe the distance I’ve gained having this shaft either.

Linq Red 7F5 with LTDx LS 3 wood

Just got the Linq Red 7f5 in and had the cobra adapter installed on it. I was really impressed with the ability to go after the ball with my 3 wood and have this shaft deliver a great launch with my 3 wood which I’ve always struggled with. This is going to be an awesome shaft for me in that 250-265 club that I need now since my driver has so much more pop. Danny fit me for this shaft without me even swinging one haha

When I had this golf shaft re-tipped at Golf Galaxy I explained to the guy there about my fitting with UST Mamiya. I told him I got fit into a ladies flex that was a heavier shaft, and he gave me the most dumbfounded look, and said who fit you. I explained what shaft was a little bit to him, but he didn’t seem to understand, they had fittings going on that day, and my only thought for all of them was that they have people working who really don’t understand the weight of shaft and timing element. I think most people would walk in with my swing speed and think I would ever be fit into a shaft like this, I wouldn’t have that for sure. And I couldn’t help but wonder if all those people who were going to be getting misfit just like I probably would have as well. Blown away by what UST can do for someone like me and most golfers out there.

View attachment 9257427

Linq Proto with Darkspeed X Driver
This shaft is so perfect to let me swing free, it’s whippy but heavy and seldomly lets me pull the ball left. My drives are incredibly straight when I aim correctly and it times up everything really well for me. Still can’t believe the distance I’ve gained having this shaft either.

Linq Red 7F5 with LTDx LS 3 wood

Just got the Linq Red 7f5 in and had the cobra adapter installed on it. I was really impressed with the ability to go after the ball with my 3 wood and have this shaft deliver a great launch with my 3 wood which I’ve always struggled with. This is going to be an awesome shaft for me in that 250-265 club that I need now since my driver has so much more pop. Danny fit me for this shaft without me even swinging one haha

When I had this golf shaft re-tipped at Golf Galaxy I explained to the guy there about my fitting with UST Mamiya. I told him I got fit into a ladies flex that was a heavier shaft, and he gave me the most dumbfounded look, and said who fit you. I explained what shaft was a little bit to him, but he didn’t seem to understand, they had fittings going on that day, and my only thought for all of them was that they have people working who really don’t understand the weight of shaft and timing element. I think most people would walk in with my swing speed and think I would ever be fit into a shaft like this, I wouldn’t have that for sure. And I couldn’t help but wonder if all those people who were going to be getting misfit just like I probably would have as well. Blown away by what UST can do for someone like me and most golfers out there.

265 3 wood. Ho hum....

Dude you're gonna be crushing 3 wood from here on out.

Lunch session. Some solid swings. Not seeing what I want yet but I'm getting there. Elbow issues but those didn't seem to be the problem here.

Best shot was just over 200 yards. Kind of embarrassing when I think about it, but remembered this is a process. Also I hit some really solid balls I just have to get the over the top issue resolved and I feel so confident I could see 240 or 250. Results will come as long as I put in the work.

Right now I just feel fortunate to live close enough that I can sneak away for 45 minutes to hit balls.

1000013350.jpg

265 3 wood. Ho hum....

Dude you're gonna be crushing 3 wood from here on out.
I don’t have to hit it a lot but I do have those few holes I play regularly that do require a 250-270 club that this will do nicely with

First round in the books with the blue. Averaged about 265 off the tea. About what I would expect given course conditions and me just trying to hit fairways. I do need to spend a bit more time with it to gain some comfort in order to go after it, but I don’t have much fear of the left side of the course right now, which is a great thing.

I missed three fairways, but all were just a couple paces off the fairway to the right, not in a bad shape at all. Hopefully, I can get out this weekend and hit a few more balls and really start ramping up some swing speed with it.

First round in the books with the blue. Averaged about 265 off the tea. About what I would expect given course conditions and me just trying to hit fairways. I do need to spend a bit more time with it to gain some comfort in order to go after it, but I don’t have much fear of the left side of the course right now, which is a great thing.

I missed three fairways, but all were just a couple paces off the fairway to the right, not in a bad shape at all. Hopefully, I can get out this weekend and hit a few more balls and really start ramping up some swing speed with it.
Can't imagine you getting better. Your cap has already suffered enough. :ROFLMAO:

Wait till you lay into it. I think you are going to like it.

The LinQ M40X Red and I continue to be great partners... 6 of 7 fairways on Friday, and the one that was off was playable.

My shot shape is becoming pretty consistent. I can adjust the fade a little with some grip changes, but generally I feel like I can just swing my swing. The red allows me to get the ball up in the air and get some decent distance. I played with a guy who was absolutely crushing the ball last time, and a few times I outdrove him and the others I was only 20 yards back.

Through my last 45 holes, I've only lost 3 balls. Only one ball was off the driver, and it was a totally bad swing and the ball went off into some native near the tee box. Getting off the tee box is huge...

Wait till you lay into it. I think you are going to like it.
I think so too. It definitely felt great with the more conservative swing that I was putting on it yesterday, but I know I had a couple on the range where I went after it that had a ball that I was just in love with.

Back