23’ UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Shafts

Another lunch range session today and it kinda blew my mind again. As I put in more and more time with this shaft I see better and better results. Been focusing on a few things. Setting up square. Keeping my swing on plane. Getting through the ball. Letting the loft of the club do the work. Using all kinds of tips/tricks that @DannyLe recommended and some swing videos (pool noodle drills) that @JB recommended. The latter I still have a lot of work to do 🤣

View attachment 9260391

At Shaft Up #1 JB and Danny kept saying over and over how close I was to getting where I need to be and now I'm seeing it. At first I was just believing them. Now the more swings I get with the Darkspeed X and LinQ Blue 6TX combo the more I'm starting to see how close I am.

So the numbers Im posting below are pretty pedestrian (especially for Internet golfers) but if you saw where I was before... barely getting to 200 (total) yards with a driver, this is almost night and day.

View attachment 9260393
View attachment 9260394
View attachment 9260395

I'm not a big hitter anymore, I'm willing to accept that. But 240 and maybe even 250 seems attainable now. And I say that because the numbers above are with 25mph crosswinds taking my ball right. I say that because I can feel it getting better each and every time. I say that because my swing still needs work. Once I get those swing flaws ironed out a bit more, maybe even a lesson or three....I'm drooling at the possibilities.

The shaft itself feels better and better the more time I spend with it. I only see that improving. Starting to get a feel for what I need to do on the takeaway and the downswing to really get the most out of this. The feedback remains fantastic. I know on impact almost all the time what I'm gonna get. Most of all I'm just trusting the process and trusting what Danny fit me into. I would've loved to have seem instant improvement at Victoria but these little steps have been incredibly rewarding and I can't wait to get back out and hit this combo again.
You are so close. And man when it clicks it’s going to be a lot of fun for you

Finally found the thread to post my comments on the LinQ M40X Blue custom Grandaddy Shaft I have in play. I forgot the feeling of stability and knowing exactly where the driver head was at throughout the entire swing. My first round out I hit 6/7 fairways and hit some absolute bombs with it. The thing that stood out most was the feeling of being able to square the club face at contact. Launch was drastically higher than the normal chop your knee cap’s off bullets I’ve been hitting with a different shaft! I can’t wait to get back out on the course with it!!!
View attachment 9260397

View attachment 9260398
That's a good looking shaft 😍

Last night at league. Didn't drive it well all night but we finally had no wind and these two shots left me drooling off the tee. Haven't seen distances like that in a long time and I feel like there's a lot more out there. LinQ Blue 6TX and Darkspeed X continues to impress.

1000013748.png
1000013750.png

Last night at league. Didn't drive it well all night but we finally had no wind and these two shots left me drooling off the tee. Haven't seen distances like that in a long time and I feel like there's a lot more out there. LinQ Blue 6TX and Darkspeed X continues to impress.

View attachment 9260698
View attachment 9260699
Its starting to take shape.
Only a matter of time before it kicks in.

Its starting to take shape.
Only a matter of time before it kicks in.
It's getting better and better every time. Can't tell you how excited and grateful I am.

It's getting better and better every time. Can't tell you how excited and grateful I am.
Absolutely convinced you can cut your handicap in half with in a year. Maybe 6 months.
The short game is good already, the long game is simply a simple swing thing.

Absolutely convinced you can cut your handicap in half with in a year. Maybe 6 months.
The short game is good already, the long game is simply a simple swing thing.
Hearing you say that kinda blows my mind a little, but I'm feeling the same thing. I have the right tools now, just have to put in the work to get there. Feels really good just knowing that's possible.

Finally received the correct adapter and my LinQ White 7F4 is ready to plug into the AI Smoke 3 wood. Been smoking this thing with the current shaft (Tensei Blue 75s). Have no doubt it'll be better with this.

1000013751.jpg
1000013752.jpg

Got out for a little range session with the AI Smoke 3 wood and LinQ White 7F4 combo. Pretty happy. Feels fantastic. Picked up about 4mph of swing speed and 6 mph of ball speed.

Love the ball flight too.

1000013760.jpg

Got out for a little range session with the AI Smoke 3 wood and LinQ White 7F4 combo. Pretty happy. Feels fantastic. Picked up about 4mph of swing speed and 6 mph of ball speed.

Love the ball flight too.

View attachment 9260812
Sounds like a great upgrade!! 🔥🔥

More range work today. Been battling some elbow issues (non golf related) and was surprised at how well I'm hitting this thing. LinQ Blue 6TX is just so much fun to hit and I'm starting to get a few more and more straight balls every time. Swing issues are still there, but getting easier at identifying how to correct them quicky.

Also really started to get after the 3 wood with the LinQ White 7F4. Hit a couple that carried 210 and gave me 230's total. Ball speed and swing speed are still staying consistently 2 to 3 mph faster. Really loving the feel of it too.

On Saturday, I played the LIN-Q M40x Red 5F3 that I recently bought on eBay in the AeroJet Max that I won here in the mystery grab bag.

The Red 5F3 feels great ... I could throw as much as I wanted at it and it help up very well ... I hit a couple low ones, so I may change from +1* to +2 if it's an option (it's a 9* head). But I hit a couple absolute bombs and they were straight or baby draws just like I want to see. One par 4 was playing 320 downwind about 20mph and I hit it up the right side, slight draw and it mad it about 2 inches from the putting surface.

I was surprised I didn't get more height out of this combo overall but I didn't really know what to expect. I am now not sure which driver to play at Ballyhack next week. LOL. I will try to get on a sim or get at least one more round in if the rain stays away before travel day on Monday.

On Saturday, I played the LIN-Q M40x Red 5F3 that I recently bought on eBay in the AeroJet Max that I won here in the mystery grab bag.

The Red 5F3 feels great ... I could throw as much as I wanted at it and it help up very well ... I hit a couple low ones, so I may change from +1* to +2 if it's an option (it's a 9* head). But I hit a couple absolute bombs and they were straight or baby draws just like I want to see. One par 4 was playing 320 downwind about 20mph and I hit it up the right side, slight draw and it mad it about 2 inches from the putting surface.

I was surprised I didn't get more height out of this combo overall but I didn't really know what to expect. I am now not sure which driver to play at Ballyhack next week. LOL. I will try to get on a sim or get at least one more round in if the rain stays away before travel day on Monday.
Baby draws are fun. I've seen a few with my LinQ. Just thinking about the pics I've seen this week, I think the Red might fit Ballyhack, especially if you keep it in the fairway.

Baby draws are fun. I've seen a few with my LinQ. Just thinking about the pics I've seen this week, I think the Red might fit Ballyhack, especially if you keep it in the fairway.
I love baby draws! I was wondering if eliminating/reducing the right miss even if I give up some distance would be the smart play. It seems like I have a longer carry with the Paradym, but it was windy when I tried the AJ + LINQ Red combo so I really should schedule some sim time this week to make a better determination on distance vs dispersion between the two options I'm considering.

I love baby draws! I was wondering if eliminating/reducing the right miss even if I give up some distance would be the smart play. It seems like I have a longer carry with the Paradym, but it was windy when I tried the AJ + LINQ Red combo so I really should schedule some sim time this week to make a better determination on distance vs dispersion between the two options I'm considering.
Yeah I'm not an expert by any means, but just looking at the pics of Ballyhack it looks like giving up a little distance might not be the worst thing if you can eliminate a miss.

Either way excited to follow along when you're out there!

Yeah I'm not an expert by any means, but just looking at the pics of Ballyhack it looks like giving up a little distance might not be the worst thing if you can eliminate a miss.

Either way excited to follow along when you're out there!
Excited to have you and the rest of the forum follow! I haven't been lucky enough to get into an experience since the 2018 Grandaddy, so I'm extra stoked to be out there!

I’ve had a few rounds this week and have really enjoyed Linq prototype. I played in league last night and didn’t have my best stuff with my driver but my misses were playable and didn’t take me out of it which is what I wanted. I am so much more confident now stepping up to the tee thinking about what I can do versus being afraid of what might happen.

I’ve had a few rounds this week and have really enjoyed Linq prototype. I played in league last night and didn’t have my best stuff with my driver but my misses were playable and didn’t take me out of it which is what I wanted. I am so much more confident now stepping up to the tee thinking about what I can do versus being afraid of what might happen.
300 yard misses that are still playable.

I would like that....

300 yard misses that are still playable.

I would like that....
300 yard misses can take you the wrong way further to. No but it’s an incredible set up. Darkspeed and Linq is money

I should add that I was finding the middle or near the middle of the face pretty consistently

IMG_1333.jpeg

That is what they call....ideal
Making me excited about the potential here and makes me want to try the Red even more than I already did in the Paradym. I should probably compare overall length too.

Back