2024 Wilson Staff Model Golf Balls

Does their current staff play a Wilson ball? I’m not quite sure as I think it’s Steele and Kis at the moment.
These things can be very difficult to track, so I could be wrong in terms of the most current info. I thought Kisner played Titleist and Steele Bridgestone.

I know somebody has or does. Barnes might. Personally, I don't care what tour guys play. I'm more suited for the Triad, Q-Star, ChromeSoft or whatever type ball anyway. And so far I cant find anyone to pay me to play any of them LOL.
I was more alluding to the fact that they typically play a competitors ball. So if they were to change to Wilson it may give the impression the quality or features are improving which would demonstrate a right direction for them.

I was more alluding to the fact that they typically play a competitors ball. So if they were to change to Wilson it may give the impression the quality or features are improving which would demonstrate a right direction for them.
Good point. I am doubtful pro's will jump to Wilson. As far as their tour staff I would dump anyone who didn't play their ball. Yea, its not a hobby for the player or the equipment company.

Good point. I am doubtful pro's will jump to Wilson. As far as their tour staff I would dump anyone who didn't play their ball. Yea, its not a hobby for the player or the equipment company.
That's a fine line to walk imo. If a ball doesn't perform for somebody and it impacts results, you aren't going to get the hat and staff bag on TV very often.

The previous Wilson staff ball was pretty good. If they improved it, they could be right there with the big boys.

That's a fine line to walk imo. If a ball doesn't perform for somebody and it impacts results, you aren't going to get the hat and staff bag on TV very often.
Or the headcovers with a different manufacturer underneath.

I guess my bigger point is that Wilson has been perhaps too accepting in letting players use whatever ball, driver, wedge they want. If and it's a big if the product is good enough then as a brand I would be a bit less accommodating. Also, their guys don't get much airtime as it is now.

I guess my bigger point is that Wilson has been perhaps too accepting in letting players use whatever ball, driver, wedge they want. If and it's a big if the product is good enough then as a brand I would be a bit less accommodating. Also, their guys don't get much airtime as it is now.
It’s a nice thought, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. If you said this maybe 8 years ago I might have been a little more hopeful it could happen.

The flip side of that is you have a company with a very small R&D team and virtually no marketing team. It would be very hard to then pay a large sum to have players locked into a 14 club deal when your options are so limited compared to every other manufacturer.

The flip side of that is you have a company with a very small R&D team and virtually no marketing team. It would be very hard to then pay a large sum to have players locked into a 14 club deal when your options are so limited compared to every other manufacturer.
Great point. I have no idea how these things work. Just seems like Wilson is positioning themselves to be something more than an afterthought. It always ticks me off when I see a Wilson headcover but know its not their club under it.

Last edited:
Nice write-up @Hawk. Agree with others stating about the price point of these being a bit of a sticky one. Admittedly the brand wouldn't necessarily be on my radar for balls, but if they are priced competitively and perform, "Why not Wilson?" is just as reasonable a question to ask as "Why Wilson?". I do like seeing them in a few lesser-known social media guys bags.

Thanks for the article, @Hawk ! As I am searching for my 2024 golf ball, I will likely give these a shot. The MSRP being where it is, at least for me, makes it a bit more difficult to grab a box on a whim, but that is probably my fault for playing the comparison game (price:brand recognition/popularity) instead of just being willing to give them an honest shot at any price point. In a fairly recent Off Course episode @Canadan asked the question regarding the difficulty of getting a new product into the hands of the consumer being the hardest part of the equation, whereas a great product (once experienced) will often have a good chance of staying "in the bag" longterm. I can only imagine the difficulty Wilson has in this regard.

As far as the logo goes, I visually don't mind it BUT...I personally struggle with change. I don't often struggle with change within areas change is expected (product development), but struggle mightily when change happens in unexpected areas (logos, for example). While it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, I'd love to see WIlson stick with branding for a bit.

Intrigued.

I have always loved what Wilson puts out, but have never ventured to trying their balls. Price is a bit high, but if it proves to be "Tour" quality and results, then it is what it is.

On the logo, love the blank shield. Sharp logo, I like that they did that.

I noticed that Wilson has Triad reduced to $34.99 on their website. I doubt they are moving away from it. Probably an attempt to reduce inventory to bring in more with the updated shield.

I don't mind the logo but when I think of Wilson Staff I think of my old blade irons and not golf balls.

The empty shield looks kinda neat to me. My problem for them is price. This ball might be great but will also likely be over looked by the masses. Why would you risk trying it at the exact same price of the ProV balls or the Callaway lineup.. Bridgestone and Srixon as well. Just don't see how it is successful in the market... Only saving grace is that they are the ones determining their own success. More shares than last year with a great product a successful release?

i support Wilson Golf anyway i can, BUT their website is the absolute worst. Mizuno does a variety of sports categories on their site but they manage to make golf products look cool and even sexy. If perception speaks a thousand words then the Wilson site is mute.

Maybe it might be an image thing for Wilson to have a blank shield, kind of a updated look so to say. I personally like the original W/S shield but then again I'm probably in the minority. The last Wilson ball I played consistently was the Professional which I thought was a great ball. The Triad was just OK, so I'll probably try these and not get too disappointed if they don't match up to the Professional.

i support Wilson Golf anyway i can, BUT their website is the absolute worst. Mizuno does a variety of sports categories on their site but they manage to make golf products look cool and even sexy. If perception speaks a thousand words then the Wilson site is mute.
I just took a peek at the Wilson Golf website and it's been completely overhauled since I last visited a couple of months ago. Nicely imaged and logically arranged, "revolutionary" isn't too strong a word to describe the improvement over what I last saw in '23.

I am also a fan of Wilson Golf, having had great success with their balls over many years.

I don’t see any improvement on the golf side. Compare it to any other club company. Even the club pictures don’t look right. Some nice pictures of preppy golfers on the home page but it lacks.

Last edited:
I haven't used Wilson balls in a minute, but I remember being pleasantly surprised by the ones I tried a few years ago. I would definitely give these a go and am looking forward to testing results and numbers compared to other similar balls

Back