2024 Srixon Q Star Tour and Q Star Tour Divide Review

How does it feel off wedges compared to the old version?
It's very nice. It's still a softer golf ball. I think you're going to really like it.

A lot closer to the Zstar, little softer but not as soft as old QST but they really spin like crazy on green side wedge shots.

@Jank in case you were wondering, I was using the new QST when we played Gus a few weeks ago. You can attest to their green side spin

Never played the Q Star but have tried both the Z Star and XV and they performed decently

If there is one thing I do like about the Srixon balls, it is the Tour yellow colour - it seems much more vibrant than any other yellow ball I have played

@Jank in case you were wondering, I was using the new QST when we played Gus a few weeks ago. You can attest to their green side spin
Dang! It was insane how much bite you were getting on the little pitches around the green. I'm going to have to give these a run for sure.

Q-Star Tour has always been a ball I was willing to play, so this is one I will try again.

Dang! It was insane how much bite you were getting on the little pitches around the green. I'm going to have to give these a run for sure.
Almost a bit too much bite even as I was expecting a few feet of run out.

Like my friend @Inioch, I tested the QST last season when looking for a gamer. I appreciated the lower price tag, but the ball was too soft for my liking. I will definitely be testing the new iteration this year and hope to be pleasantly surprised by the update.

I'm a huge QST fan. I have 8 dozen in the closet...right before the new hotness comes out!

I like the Divide in the Z-Star color - but have struggled to find the blue/green one when I tried a dozen.

Another eye opener @Hawk. I played the Q-Star Tour almost exclusively last year. I decided at the end of the year that I would be going back to the Z-Star XV because the Q-star was just a little too soft. I have no statistical data to back it up (and it could be related to other factors completely) but I also felt that I was giving up just a tad on the distance side. With those factors in mind, I stocked up on 6 doz. Z-Star XVs for the upcoming season.

It appears that I may have to give the new Q-Star Tour another look..........

Do you all think that the reason they don't do a Yellow/White Q Star is because that's the only bi-color in the Z star balls, and they don't want that confusion with consumers?
I think it's the same reason that Callaway doesn't do Truvis on any other line, also. I could be wrong. Just speculation.....

great write-up! QST always intrigues me. Been too long since I’ve tried them but that may need to change

The price point is such a good deal for the QST. Even with the small increase, you're getting them for less than $30 a dozen during the B2G1 sale.

Another plus of that price point is I won't mind picking up 3 dozen even though I've got a year's supply of the old model. It totally snuck up on me. I bought 3 dozen last June. Then another dozen right before it ended. Then the year end sale hit and I really didn't need another more....but bought 3 dozen. The clerk at the PGA Tour SS let me get 2 white and1 yellow. I really liked how the yellow stood out in dormant Bermuda that first round. So I went back and bought 3 more dozens of yellow the next week.

The price point is such a good deal for the QST. Even with the small increase, you're getting them for less than $30 a dozen during the B2G1 sale.

Another plus of that price point is I won't mind picking up 3 dozen even though I've got a year's supply of the old model. It totally snuck up on me. I bought 3 dozen last June. Then another dozen right before it ended. Then the year end sale hit and I really didn't need another more....but bought 3 dozen. The clerk at the PGA Tour SS let me get 2 white and1 yellow. I really liked how the yellow stood out in dormant Bermuda that first round. So I went back and bought 3 more dozens of yellow the next week.
For me at least, the spin off the driver was really solid at Briggs ranch. I got some amazing roll there on some of the holes.

The 24 Q Star Tour has an awesome yellow color, less sparkle and more like the Soft Feel yellow.

What's the compression these? Found it, 74 compression.

Last edited:
Great write up! I’m almost out of last year’s stock. Looking forward to trying these.

Just here waiting for that sweet 2:1 sale

Great write up! Any early indications on durability? When I’ve played the QST, I’ve noticed that good wedge strikes take off paint and cover material.

I played this ball almost exclusively in 2023 and noticed the same. Since I get them at cost, it doesn't bother me, but can understand why it would be frustrating.

The QST is the most underrated ball on the market, if you are a player of any of the DTC balls, you need to give the QST a look.

Agreed.

Based on the pictures, the Srixon Yellow is still the best Yellow color in all of golf.

For sure.

Most underrated ball on the market. Great contest.

I grabbed a dozen of the new QST and managed to get out for 9 holes on Saturday to try it out a little. I know it's supposed to be a little firmer, but it still feels really soft, which I like. Distance was good on irons and wedges. I didn't have the best driver swing Saturday, but seemed to be getting good distance there too. Hopefully next time I'll do a little better off the tee and get a better idea of how it performs there. Short game shots really impressed me. I hit a couple of low pitch shots that I expected to release a bit, but the ball just put on the brakes. I've been playing the Chrome Soft this past year and while I still feel like I'm getting a bit more spin out of it around the green, this new QST seems to have made another step closer in performance. Still a small sample size for me, of course, but I like what I saw.

Tried to grab a box but was then brutally roasted for the 5 “old” boxes I have at home 😅

Back