2024 MLB Thread + Hot Stove Off Season

I believe while that has taken place, they still need the money from NV to make this happen.
A's agreed to buy the land but were seeking a **** ton of money from NV to build the stadium.

I believe while that has taken place, they still need the money from NV to make this happen.
A's agreed to buy the land but were seeking a **** ton of money from NV to build the stadium.
I kinda hope they don't get it living in NV.. I don't like being taxed to pay for this stuff. Figure it out on your own. I am ok with them getting tax incentives but I should not have to pay for it.

I kinda hope they don't get it living in NV.. I don't like being taxed to pay for this stuff. Figure it out on your own. I am ok with them getting tax incentives but I should not have to pay for it.
Im 50/50 on it. I hate the tax dollars side of it, but love how much it can do for businesses and employers to hire, bring in revenue, etc.
What Nashville is doing will be the new norm in actually partnering with the local area to make it work for both.

You hate to see a team change locations for the wrong reasons, but I don't know enough about it to say whether it makes sense or not.

Either way, Oakland purging teams is big sad.

1700147598636.png

I just read something suggesting that the Jays are a sleeper for Ohtani.

That would be BONNNNNNNNNNNKERS.
They were talking about that yesterday on MLB Network. He likes the city, they have the culture and demographics and from what we were told, the money.
There is also talk about him setting a new standard and not immediately doing the 7-10 year deal, but rather 3-4 and then getting the huge payday after that.

SB (agent) won't want that, but Ohtani is a different cat.

The As are one of the biggest joke franchises in North American sports. Might be biggest.
I did see that the owner had to include in the agreement that if he sold right away to make a profit that he would be "taxed" on the profit by MLB owners. So there is that.

What a disaster haha

Last couple games will be in a parking lot.
A parking lot would be a better experience than the coliseum.

Phillies quiet in the Nola, Snell, Yamamoto market, but linked to all three.

They were talking about that yesterday on MLB Network. He likes the city, they have the culture and demographics and from what we were told, the money.
There is also talk about him setting a new standard and not immediately doing the 7-10 year deal, but rather 3-4 and then getting the huge payday after that.

SB (agent) won't want that, but Ohtani is a different cat.
3/4 is an interesting thought considering he's not pitching for the next year it sounds like.

I'd take that bat in a heartbeat though - he's exciting as hell.

3/4 is an interesting thought considering he's not pitching for the next year it sounds like.

I'd take that bat in a heartbeat though - he's exciting as hell.
Its an instant upgrade for any team in MLB both at the plate and in revenue.
The biggest question is will he go east coast.

You hate to see a team change locations for the wrong reasons, but I don't know enough about it to say whether it makes sense or not.

Either way, Oakland purging teams is big sad.
I blame the city.
Both of those teams were stuck in the same awful stadium. And for once it was a luxury box etc issue, it was literally in disrepair. It’s a shame. If they built a new stadium for Football, the A’s would gladly have shared.
Yes, there is a huge bump in revenue sharing moving to Vegas, but the large Oakland market would’ve offset that if they had a stadium that workerd

If he goes, I'm buying the jersey 100% haha
Rank and I talked about this a lot.
He still believes he will stay with the Angels.
I said Seattle or San Francisco.

I would love to see him on the East coast though. Preferably not in the AL East since I know Tampa isnt spending that.

Oakland is just hemorrhaging professional sports teams. First the Raiders and now the A's.

From living a bit south of there I kind of get it, but it's not like they are the only ones who have multiple teams in a close proximity. But I don't know if there are a lot of behind the scene's things either as to the reasoning (other than the lease/money etc).

Oakland is just hemorrhaging professional sports teams. First the Raiders and now the A's.

From living a bit south of there I kind of get it, but it's not like they are the only ones who have multiple teams in a close proximity. But I don't know if there are a lot of behind the scene's things either as to the reasoning (other than the lease/money etc).
The Warriors as well.

I think Ohtani is going to Seattle. Bring a title where his hero couldn’t.

I blame the city.
Both of those teams were stuck in the same awful stadium. And for once it was a luxury box etc issue, it was literally in disrepair. It’s a shame. If they built a new stadium for Football, the A’s would gladly have shared.
Yes, there is a huge bump in revenue sharing moving to Vegas, but the large Oakland market would’ve offset that if they had a stadium that workerd
Living here I agree with your assessment when it comes to the Raiders. The As owner is one of the richest owners in sports. He just doesn’t care about the team or the city. They will still be a poverty franchise in Las Vegas. They’re just a number for him and nothing will change as long as he owns the team. They will spend the minimum they can and operate as a poverty franchise until he sells the team.

Back