NEWS 2024 Grandaddy Announcement

I think this is a great idea. Captain of the Grandaddy is a tough and high profile role, and having someone who has gone through the event in the past and knows the challenges before, during, and after to help the team navigate as best they can should be a great help.

This is an interesting wrinkle but makes perfect sense. Glad to see things keep evolving and looking forward to seeing who gets selected.

Oh baby. @TRyan are you excited yet!?

Lots of good choices - good luck all!

Pretty awesome switch up with this news. Makes for interesting choices.

This is going to be interesting to watch and learn.

Love it. Both changes make a lot of sense.

My honest initial reaction was a bit selfish in knowing my 0.01% chance to captain is now 0.0%

Sitting on in a few minutes. I do see a lot of positive reengaging some callaway diehards. There are obviously a ton of people that now qualify that would do a beyond amazing job.

Also, I’d be surprised if that’s the only change. :unsure:

alright, former participants...

Be honest right now, did you just watch this and think "oh ****, I could have done more, this was my chance!!!"

...don't you dare lie to me :LOL:

Honestly I'm not sad that the AssCap is going away. I'm glad it ended with @Muchmore because he did an absolutely amazing job.

As for the new Captain...well I LOVE the idea

Bringing in a captain with event experience makes perfect since. It’s a position that comes with a great deal of responsibility. Any changes that keeps event coming back I’m all for.

This is a great idea. Makes sense for a large number of reasons.

Very cool announcement for a Monday. LLTG.

That is a great change and makes a lot more sense. Looking forward to seeing who gets the call back.

I like it. A returning player to captain this years team. Change is good, because it allows things to continue to evolve. Sometimes wet learn great things and other times we revert back. But options based on change is usually good.

Really cool, and I think a great update!

A small, yet huge change. The Captain will bring the Grandaddy experience that AssCap used to bring, and will be a playing member of the team. It also opens a door that was formerly closed - the chance to return to the Grandaddy - without taking teammate spots away from those who have never been. The most important thing is that we know it's coming back! #LLTG

A small, yet huge change. The Captain will bring the Grandaddy experience that AssCap used to bring, and will be a playing member of the team. It also opens a door that was formerly closed - the chance to return to the Grandaddy - without taking teammate spots away from those who have never been. The most important thing is that we know it's coming back! #LLTG
Wonder if the Captains will be playing? Or will it be Ryder Cup style? Manage and navigate your guys to a victory?

Wow! This is a heckuva way to start the week. Love Callaway’s constant evolution of the event.
It’s going to be so much fun seeing someone we know or follow have a chance to take the lead in this thing!

I love this! Can't wait to see who gets tapped and can lead the next group.

I think this is a very good idea
#LLTG

Be honest right now, did you just watch this and think "oh ****, I could have done more, this was my chance!!!"

Or will they see this post

Wonder if the Captains will be playing? Or will it be Ryder Cup style? Manage and navigate your guys to a victory?
The captain will be playing.

Everyone who reads this should be thinking...
3a9b2f71-7539-449d-ab88-80273b75c451_text.gif

Back