The feel, fit, and finish of the vintage line continues to impress

I kinda like the look of the original supernova better. Especially the non black one.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Finally got to roll a couple of the new Cobra putters. The only two they had were the Stingray 30 and Nova 30. First, I really like the looks. Last year's lineup looked good, but these just have a more premium look to them with cleaner lines, top and bottom. Both are just really good looking putters, in my opinion.

The big thing that I wanted to check out was the new inserts. I don't think I made it a secret that I struggled a bit with the aluminum insert last year. It was hit or miss for me and I wasn't fond of the springy feel or metallic click sound. The Nova 40 grew on me and I was putting decently with it, but I never felt super comfortable with the insert. This new Pebax insert feels much better to me. I didn't get a ton of time with it, but it had a nice soft feel and more muted click off the face. It didn't feel springy and I didn't have any just jump off the face and fly by the hole. The DLT face continues to impress me with how well it gets the ball rolling. Like I said, it's a very small sample at this point, but so far I'm impressed. Seems like a solid improvement for 24.

Did some window shopping online at these and I think if I preferred the Pebax insert I could go for the Stingray-30 instead of the Agera RS-30. The RS-30 is still the one I'd try first. The Cuda has a couple similar alignment lines to the TEE Wingman I really like. Cuda-30 would be my choice there but looks like that's OUS only.

Reading through the thread again I don't think I saw it mentioned that there are custom grips, shafts, lengths, lofts, and lies through Cobra, which is a big upgrade from the last line.

Also early in the thread there were some questions on the 3D construction, and there are some details of that in this video from Cobra:

Did some window shopping online at these and I think if I preferred the Pebax insert I could go for the Stingray-30 instead of the Agera RS-30. The RS-30 is still the one I'd try first. The Cuda has a couple similar alignment lines to the TEE Wingman I really like. Cuda-30 would be my choice there but looks like that's OUS only.

Reading through the thread again I don't think I saw it mentioned that there are custom grips, shafts, lengths, lofts, and lies through Cobra, which is a big upgrade from the last line.

I was looking the other night and you can also order a black shaft online if looks are worth $30 to you. Same KBS shaft, just in black.

And yeah, the Stingray-20 would get a look but OUS at the moment.

I was looking the other night and you can also order a black shaft online if looks are worth $30 to you. Same KBS shaft, just in black.

And yeah, the Stingray-20 would get a look but OUS at the moment.
My coach/our club pro has an Agera RS with a black shaft and black grip. It looks freaking fantastic!

Putted with the Agera CB for 30 minutes, easy to line up, easy to stroke. Love big, square mallets with longer shafts (back issue). This one fills the bill. Need to find a discount or higher trade in value and I will buy one.

@Bernoulli - rumor has it you have some pics to share 😎

Looks really good from all angles!

BTW what kind of crazy ass putting mat are you using? You bought it off the home shopping network late night didn’t you?
🤣
Full disclosure. It's a towel. :ROFLMAO: . It 's the best I could come up with . I didn't have time to set up my putting mat and my man @BigDill and @Scooby45 were asking for photos.

seeing the spring driver drop makes me think of all the possibilities for limited edition 3D putter drops…

Was just able to see and roll the 2024 lineup for the first time. The Agera RS is the one. I was nervous about the aluminum insert after my success with my current putter that has an insert much more akin to the vintage line, but I loved it. The weight, the grip, the roll, the look…I’m all in IMG_1155.jpegIMG_1156.jpeg

Was just able to see and roll the 2024 lineup for the first time. The Agera RS is the one. I was nervous about the aluminum insert after my success with my current putter that has an insert much more akin to the vintage line, but I loved it. The weight, the grip, the roll, the look…I’m all in View attachment 9252429View attachment 9252430
Any photos next to a ball? Curious size difference compared to the standard version

Any photos next to a ball? Curious size difference compared to the standard version
If you look back in the thread I posted a comparison photo between the two

I must say, I'm still thinking about the Agera RS putter and I've had time to drive two hours home, drive 30 out of town to watch my oldest run-rule the team they played in a tournament, and make it back home again. I had limited time with the previous 3D models last year, but this was my first in-person experience with the new lineup. PGA Tour Superstore in Oklahoma City was actually well stocked with several designs from both the 3D lineup and the Vintage. I rolled the Widesport in honor of @Scooby45 and while I felt right at home with the Pebax insert, I have become so comfortable with my current (small-ish) mallet that I couldn't get comfortable over the wide blade. I putted for about 20 minutes with the Agera RS next and everything just clicked. The weight of the putter was familiar and comfortable and it was visually easy to to lineup. The insert was far less firm and clicky than I have been anticipating and the DLFT continues to put an incredibly consistent roll on the ball. The fit and finish of this year's lineup, in my humble opinion, is a huge leap forward over the first iteration. Very, very well done.

finally got some time with the new putters today and was surprised how much I liked the pebax insert of the vintage line. And this is coming from someone who liked the aluminum in the 1st gen 3D putters

After putting with last years Vintage Nova today I realized how much I liked the new inserts better. Can’t wait to get one of these in the bag soon

. I rolled the Widesport in honor of @Scooby45 and while I felt right at home with the Pebax insert, I have become so comfortable with my current (small-ish) mallet that I couldn't get comfortable over the wide blade.
After missing a few more toe-side I’m trying to talk myself into the Widesport over the Stingray. It is a long heel to toe blade though isn’t it?

Leaning that way and I’m sure it will become second nature, but that said, if they drop a LE in the 3D line before I pull the trigger I make no promises, especially if it is the Agera RS.

After putting with last years Vintage Nova today I realized how much I liked the new inserts better. Can’t wait to get one of these in the bag soon
This has me intrigued to try the new lineup. Should get to the golf store finally tomorrow. Going to hunt down the new stuff.

Both inserts feel fantastic. Distinct feelings, but fantastic. I'm still leaning more towards the 3D lineup and Agera RS, but would be happy with a Vintage Cuda too.

Got to roll these for the first time today. Didn't roll everything, mainly the shapes I wasmost interested in. The Agera RS 30 looks so good in person just like the pictures folks have posted, and is even more compact than I expected, which is great. Feel seems similar but more refined than the prior 3D line.

In the Vintage line, Stingray still sits a little open for me but looked good otherwise. Nova looks better in person IMO than in pictures and is the shape I'd probably go with in the Vintage line. I didn't like the Pebax as much as the 3D insert. For me the feel felt a bit like a lacrosse ball. Sound was good but felt "bouncy" which isn't my preference.

The new stock grip is probably a size small for me, but the shape is nice.

Got a hard ponder going for an Agera RS 30 with some custom specs.

Nice to see some people getting out and trying the new Cobra putters and generating some discussion of same.

I wish I could add something as I have the new Widesport in the bag. Unfortunately, Mother Nature has other plans. My season hasn’t started yet and there’s only so much feedback I can give from hitting some 3-4 foot putts on my putting mat.

Last edited:
Back