2024 Cobra Putters

But you want the Pebax insert? So Vintage line? I don't remember, have you hit them already?
I'm more drawn to certain shapes and neck combos than anything else when it comes to putters. That Agera RS-30 will 100% be in the mix as well. But I have not hit them yet, no. I need to solve that now lol

In one of your above posts you mentioned you though the feel and sound were better on the new model. It has me curious to try one out.
Best way to describe it is I feel like the different pieces/materials are working more cohesively to produce the final sound/feel

For my fellow Morgan cuppers, doing some quick research…

Comparison between Agera and Agera RS. Notable size difference. Sorry for the bad pick, hands full here as you can see by the stroller with me :ROFLMAO:

IMG_4141.jpeg

Loving this shape though on the stingray. Insert on these is very soft, but not too soft for someone like me who plays inserts a lot.

IMG_4142.jpeg

I think I’m leaning more towards the Agera RS-30 so far with the aluminum insert.

I putted a few with others too, the aluminum insert feels not far off from the odyssey milled AI ones

I putted a few with others too, the aluminum insert feels not far off from the odyssey milled AI ones
How did the roll compare between those two?

After you place a club order….

Hurry Up Waiting GIF

How did the roll compare between those two?
I feel like in store it’s pretty hard to tell, but not much difference on the concrete jungle greens. Which I think is actually a pretty big compliment to the cobra putters.

I feel like in store it’s pretty hard to tell, but not much difference on the concrete jungle greens. Which I think is actually a pretty big compliment to the cobra putters.
Sometimes you can hear other putting skidding when the Cobra just seem to not

Sometimes you can hear other putting skidding when the Cobra just seem to not
Ahh, gotcha. Yea none of that with either. But when you’re comparing anything to the #1 putting brand by sales and tour usage, anytime where it’s even the same is a great thing.

I went and rolled some putters yesterday and again today. I have always been a blade guy and preferred the plumbers neck. I’ve tried a mallet but have never been able to be comfortable with them.

Options with the plumbers neck are the grandsport and sport 40. If the widesport was available in pn it would be an easy decision.

I tried the grandsport a few times and it didn’t really click. I gravitated to the sport 40 and it felt more comfortable.

I may do something crazy for me that I wouldn’t have expected. I tried the face balanced widesport and it felt pretty good. I liked the weight and stability. It is certainly a strong ponder right now.

I only have two rounds in but I’m pretty happy with the new Widesport. It puts such a good roll on the ball. Also, I’m really comfortable with the face balanced blade. It looks and feels like a mallet. I think it’s a great option for someone who may be interested in a wider blade.

I only have two rounds in but I’m pretty happy with the new Widesport. It puts such a good roll on the ball. Also, I’m really comfortable with the face balanced blade. It looks and feels like a mallet. I think it’s a great option for someone who may be interested in a wider blade.
It is a good option of for someone that may fall into the mid-mallet look. It was for me at least. Ultimately I think what tripped me up was the slightly bigger footprint heel to toe. If it was a little more compact it would have made a serious run for my bag.

It is a good option of for someone that may fall into the mid-mallet look. It was for me at least. Ultimately I think what tripped me up was the slightly bigger footprint heel to toe. If it was a little more compact it would have made a serious run for my bag.
This presents smaller imho than the last one. Have you seen it in hand yet?

I have zero idea where to start here, I play the stroke lab black ten but was fitted about 3 weeks ago into a double wide odyssey. My local Edwin watts has I think 4 of these in stock, but only one is out of the wrapper. I really want to try both to see what the inserts feel like, but my local golf tec and club champion neither carry the cobra putters

I have zero idea where to start here, I play the stroke lab black ten but was fitted about 3 weeks ago into a double wide odyssey. My local Edwin watts has I think 4 of these in stock, but only one is out of the wrapper. I really want to try both to see what the inserts feel like, but my local golf tec and club champion neither carry the cobra putters
The Widesport would be similar to the double wide, as both are face balanced wide blades.

Which Odyssey double wide were you fit into?

Are you looking for similar to that?

If the Double bend shaft then cobra wide sport may fit the bill. If crank hosel then possibly grandsport 35 3D printed. But the Pentax and Aluminum inserts definitely feel different and would be beneficial to see which you prefer.

This presents smaller imho than the last one. Have you seen it in hand yet?
Yep. The footprint of the widesport and the grandsport were nearly the same I think in this years version. Not sure I even came across a widesport in person last year.
I liked both Grandsport and widesport but I am much better with a mallet and the Agera just blew me away.

Which Odyssey double wide were you fit into?

Are you looking for similar to that?

If the Double bend shaft then cobra wide sport may fit the bill. If crank hosel then possibly grandsport 35 3D printed. But the Pentax and Aluminum inserts definitely feel different and would be beneficial to see which you prefer.
i was fit into double bend. Always played a white hot insert of some kind so vintage would probably be something close to what I am comfortable with

I need someone who knows how to actually read a SAM putt lab report to see actually what it says and means. I may as well be trying to read Japanese when I look at it. I just asked my fitter to tell me what putter I needed and didn’t really even look at this until he emailed it later in the day

I need someone who knows how to actually read a SAM putt lab report to see actually what it says and means. I may as well be trying to read Japanese when I look at it. I just asked my fitter to tell me what putter I needed and didn’t really even look at this until he emailed it later in the day
Start a new thread on the forum and load the SAM putt lab report up. There are a lot of people on here who could assist you in understanding it i'm sure.

I went and rolled some putters yesterday and again today. I have always been a blade guy and preferred the plumbers neck. I’ve tried a mallet but have never been able to be comfortable with them.

Options with the plumbers neck are the grandsport and sport 40. If the widesport was available in pn it would be an easy decision.

I tried the grandsport a few times and it didn’t really click. I gravitated to the sport 40 and it felt more comfortable.

I may do something crazy for me that I wouldn’t have expected. I tried the face balanced widesport and it felt pretty good. I liked the weight and stability. It is certainly a strong ponder right now.
I went with the Grandsport 35 last year because I preferred a blade and the plumber’s neck. This year I have been playing the Widesport. It feels good and I like that it’s face balanced. I’m comfortable with the looks, weight, size and shape of the Widesport.

I can understand the ponder.

So many yhree puts today. I'm absolutely certain a new Agera RS-30 will solve everything.

Anyone have any experience with the old King SIK aluminum insert compared to the new 6061 they are using on the current models?

Anyone have any experience with the old King SIK aluminum insert compared to the new 6061 they are using on the current models?
I will shortly when my Grandsport-30 arrives. Have the Supernova from the prior line. Will report back once I get a good sense of it. Anything in particular you wanted to know about?

I will shortly when my Grandsport-30 arrives. Have the Supernova from the prior line. Will report back once I get a good sense of it. Anything in particular you wanted to know about?
Sound and feel off the aluminum inserts. Wondering if it's basically the same or not. I think I can get a previous model in hand to help make my choice for the MC, but if it's completely different that doesn't help me much lol

Back