2024 Cobra Putters

Spent some more time looking at pictures on Cobra's site and my biggest takeaway is that this release is just so much cleaner and refined in terms of looks. The Grandsport in particular but really up and down the line.

Even though I don't think it will fit my preferences, moving to the PEBAX to differentiate the feel seems like a good call.

Also I know the story is the putters (as it should be), but do we know what the headcovers look like, and are they using magnets this year instead of velcro?
Sorry, nothing on head covers in the press materials.

Also I know the story is the putters (as it should be), but do we know what the headcovers look like, and are they using magnets this year instead of velcro?
The snippet I caught on instagram of the cover looked clean. Black with white racing stripes. Couldn't tell but speculating velcro based on past Morgan Cup chats.

Spent some more time looking at pictures on Cobra's site and my biggest takeaway is that this release is just so much cleaner and refined in terms of looks. The Grandsport in particular but really up and down the line.

Even though I don't think it will fit my preferences, moving to the PEBAX to differentiate the feel seems like a good call.
It's a fantastic evolution of the line. I really like what Cobra is doing with this line.

Curious how Rickie and a few others like the Cuda compared to the other taped up club they used.

I think Descending loft would be a game changer on tried and true roll no matter where i am at.

1706020941978.png1706020946385.png

Kinda same. The shaping this nice.

I was hoping for something with a more dense feel, doesn’t seem like that’s the direction it’s gone. Curious about reviews once people get them in hand.

Somewhat undecided on the finish. The stock pictures make it look really dark. Hope it’s more gunmetal shade.

That Agera RS-30 has my eye.

I find the 3D models much more appealing to my eye than past models. The softening of some edges and less boxy look really fits with the sleek theme of Darkspeed.

Cannot wait to see these in person!!! Love this time of year! Big fan of Cobra putters.

Kinda same. The shaping this nice.

I was hoping for something with a more dense feel, doesn’t seem like that’s the direction it’s gone. Curious about reviews once people get them in hand.

Somewhat undecided on the finish. The stock pictures make it look really dark. Hope it’s more gunmetal shade.
Some of the photos on their site and the interwebs make it seem a little more gunmetal imho.

I'm also curious if there are changes made, whether through the type of aluminum or other construction techniques, the tweak the feel on the 3d line compared to last models. I guess there is only one way to really find out...

Great write-up @Hawk! Love the look of that updated Agera :love:.

A solid update to a line that I believe was extremely overlooked. Having gamed both the 3D and Vintage lines in the past and having a preference toward to Vintage line I have to admit I really like the updated looks to the 3D models. That being said I also LOVE that they went to a different insert in the vintage line. Looking forward to trying them both out

Totally agree. In particular the 3D printed line is cleaner and less busy than previously with all the exposed lattice. Much more subdued this time around.

Love my OG Grandsport, but these new ones look much more refined. I'll definitely roll a few of them to see how they've improved.

I've had a supernova since they were released and I've had good luck with it. I'm really digging the new supernova look and I will be hard pressed not to simply pre-order one. The itch is real.

Well they look a lot better than the previous ones imo. That last color scheme wasn't my bag really. These are more in line with this year's whole release. Black and white. I'm straining my memory on the closure part. It's been a few months since I played around with them. I think it's Velcro. I'm sure I have it in my notes but I don't have them on me.

They look so much better to me overall. Great update to the lineup. It's easy to tell which face is which, and the Pebax feels pretty nice. I've never been a white hot guy but I've rolled them plenty and I expect those fans to appreciate the new offering here. Still no slant neck in the head I prefer but I really liked the improved shaping on the Stingray, which is what I had for the MC.

1000054672.jpg

Looks a little better all around to me.

Last edited:
@Hawk - any idea if the 3D models are a little smaller than last model's ? Those 3d ones were a bit on the hefty side.

Also with the Grandsport 3d - What actually is 3d printed on it? Looks very similar to the Vintage model now

1706024682693.png 1706024702680.png

Best pic I could get of it

1000005441.jpg

@Hawk - any idea if the 3D models are a little smaller than last model's ? Those 3d ones were a bit on the hefty side.

Also with the Grandsport 3d - What actually is 3d printed on it? Looks very similar to the Vintage model now

View attachment 9237844 View attachment 9237845
Sorry, I don't have info on sizing being different.

As for the cartridge, this was from last year's version. I didn't find a similar exploded view for 2024, but assume it's the same concept.
1706024939613.png

Great write up @Hawk, as a fan of the Widesport shape, glad to see it back. Now we wait to see how many Armlocks make it into Morgan Cup bags.

Vintage line - nicest looking putters from Cobra that I can recall (for the last several years anyway). And, at a really nice price point too. Like how the say better roll regardless of how we hit the ball (so to speak), I will need to try that. I could easily put that winged mallet in my Hacker's Bag :)LOL:) if I were somehow chosen.

That Agera RS 30 looks pretty intriguing

Great write up @Hawk, as a fan of the Widesport shape, glad to see it back. Now we wait to see how many Armlocks make it into Morgan Cup bags.
I personally would love to have seen a different hosel option or two in the Widesport.

Love the tech story, options, and pricing on these.

Back