2024 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

I've got a couple of dozen B X on the way from Worldwide to put the Ballnamic recommendation to test. According to the Ballnamic ratings, the BX is a decidedly better ball for me. Of the 3 or 4 rounds I played with it, it was the longest of the balls I've tried this year. I think green side spin will be close enough to the TP5 for that to be a big difference.

I've got a couple of dozen B X on the way from Worldwide to put the Ballnamic recommendation to test. According to the Ballnamic ratings, the BX is a decidedly better ball for me. Of the 3 or 4 rounds I played with it, it was the longest of the balls I've tried this year. I think green side spin will be close enough to the TP5 for that to be a big difference.
Nice! I'm thinking hard about giving TP5 a run for a couple of weeks. I traded a guy at my club a few other balls that I didn't like for a sleeve of Donut TP5's and I enjoyed how they felt off irons and wedges. I never gave them a real shot in my ball testing earlier this year.

The more I play the Tour B X the more I am in love with it. Off the tee it has performed better than any ball I have played in recent memory. It has a ton of distance without being a spin monster.

I played some desert golf last weekend and did not have to retire a single ball because of damage to the cover. I have been really impressed with the ball so far.

I played some desert golf last weekend and did not have to retire a single ball because of damage to the cover. I have been really impressed with the ball so far.
Besides the great performance, this is probably one of the biggest benefits in my eyes. They are so durable.

I finally got a full round in with the B-XS outdoors

I'll post some thoughts soon, because I have some interesting comments

Spoiler, the round went well

PXL_20240428_144921090.jpg

I’ve really enjoyed the Tour B X this year. Even though I have multiple dz of another golf ball which is a great ball. I really want to give these a go this year. I’ve really enjoyed these off the tee and with my irons. Jury is still out regarding the green side spin for me. I’ve made a lot of changes to my swing and I’m not sure if it’s the ball or me yet. It feels great off the putter too!

So a few things I noticed playing the ball in real rounds....I play the BXS

-trajectory I didn't feel was as high as the CTx. It was fine. To me it was like any other ball

-feel was very good. I had mentioned earlier there is a nice "thump" to this ball. Felt great off the putter and irons

One thing I really noticed was how straight I hit it. It was very interesting. I hit a couple of drivers and 3 woods where I said "ah crap, pull" and the ball kinda didn't pull all that bad.

I also noticed a straighter ball flight with irons. Still a slight draw, but a bit less than normal

I played 3 days in a row and I can say with every club I was hitting a ball flight with less draw. I was fine with this.

I'm not sure what to make of it. But I shot 70 today on a course with a 74 rating. So I guess it's good

Last edited:
After not playing Bridgestone Tour B golf balls for several years, I've very much enjoyed playing the Tour B RX over the last couple months. I'm considering a golf ball fitting to see if recent swing changes might warrant a different model, but have gotten along nicely with this golf ball. I feel like distance has been good, feel has been great, and durability has been outstanding. I played the first 43 holes with the same ball yesterday and would've played it longer but lost it in the rough. I'm not seeing the greenside spin that I would like, but the golf ball has proven consistent and I am able to confidently play it and know what to expect.

Besides the great performance, this is probably one of the biggest benefits in my eyes. They are so durable.
These are most durable ball I’ve played this year by far.

Is anyone finding that the ball moves side-to-side a little less than other balls?

I'm just wondering if it's a dimple thing.

I mentioned above but i found the B-XS to be a very straight ball , i had a bit of a harder time drawing it. However this also means it tends to go straight, which is usually a good thing when you plan for it.

Could just be random and i'll see with more experience. But i've played about 24 holes with the ball outside.

I just did my first Ballnamic fitting and the recommendations surprised me a bit. I've been playing the Tour B RX, at the recommendation of the "fitting" on Bridgestone's site, and really enjoying it. Ballnamic recommends the Tour B X by a nearly 4% increase over the Tour B RX. One other ball was recommended by a almost non-existent margin. I happen to have a dozen of the 2nd place recommendation already, so I'm thinking I will pick up a dozen Tour B X Mindset golf balls for comparison. Intrigued how the two different Tour B balls compare.

I just did my first Ballnamic fitting and the recommendations surprised me a bit. I've been playing the Tour B RX, at the recommendation of the "fitting" on Bridgestone's site, and really enjoying it. Ballnamic recommends the Tour B X by a nearly 4% increase over the Tour B RX. One other ball was recommended by an almost non-existent margin. I happen to have a dozen of the 2nd place recommendation already, so I'm thinking I will pick up a dozen Tour B X Mindset golf balls for comparison. Intrigued how the two different Tour B balls compare.
Ballnamic is such a cool tool. It always amazes me how I can pick out such a good ball for me. It has two years in a row. Except for the last time I ran it I had some very weird results, but I think I fat fingered something.

Back