2024 Better You Fitness Thread

You get used to it. I figure by the time I’m 60 illl be up around 2:30-am.
I’ve done the 5am’s before. I’ve just never said hey let’s do leg day while we’re up this early 😂

I have added and been doing Goblet Squats to my workouts thanks to @GolferGal . I have done them on consecutive days before legs and before upper body. I have read different thoughts on this and still plan on doing them 5 or 6 days in a row with each workouts. Wondering what what those have been doing them thought are on this.

I have added and been doing Goblet Squats to my workouts thanks to @GolferGal . I have done them on consecutive days before legs and before upper body. I have read different thoughts on this and still plan on doing them 5 or 6 days in a row with each workouts. Wondering what what those have been doing them thought are on this.
Depends on why you're doing the goblet squats. Goblet squats are not a great strength builder long term, but for short term activity, to get the heartrate up, they're fine and doing them everyday is probably fine if you're just looking to sweat. If you're looking to get big ole strong quads, everyday wouldn't be my approach, but neither would goblet squats.

Depends on why you're doing the goblet squats. Goblet squats are not a great strength builder long term, but for short term activity, to get the heartrate up, they're fine and doing them everyday is probably fine if you're just looking to sweat. If you're looking to get big ole strong quads, everyday wouldn't be my approach, but neither would goblet squats.
What about with this?

710AiW9t7aL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Looking for some additional strength and flexibility to go with regular workouts. Not looking to bulk up and these seem perfect for what i am looking for. Ive noticed they are referenced in a number of articles about good workouts for golf. And so far doing them on consecutive days with each workout has not been a problem.

What about with this?

710AiW9t7aL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
With a 92kg kettlebell, ooof. Sure. That's a bear of a person that's holding that in front of their chest.

But there isn't a 95kg kettlebell, and then a 107.5 kettlebell. For strength increases, weight has to go up. It's hard to load goblet squats for continued long term strength increases. Usually, the weight isn't the problem. Getting the weight into position and holding it is the limiting factor.

Looking for some additional strength and flexibility to go with regular workouts. Not looking to bulk up and these seem perfect for what i am looking for. Ive noticed they are referenced in a number of articles about good workouts for golf. And so far doing them on consecutive days with each workout has not been a problem.
I'm not going to tell you what to do and those article reference good workouts for golf are not my favorite. Goblet squats are not strength builders. I don't think you would have an issue doing them on back to back days.

Made it to the gym yesterday for the first time in a few weeks it felt like. Even managed to hit some free weights. Oddly the gym wasn't busy yesterday for some reason. Is the new year rush over finally?

Made it to the gym yesterday for the first time in a few weeks it felt like. Even managed to hit some free weights. Oddly the gym wasn't busy yesterday for some reason. Is the new year rush over finally?
My gym has been super scarce of people. I do believe the rush is over. Thankfully.

My gym has been super scarce of people. I do believe the rush is over. Thankfully.
It would be nice, mine is a huge place and is always packed full it seems like. I can usually find something to suffice but rarely get to use the equipment I want. It would also be nice if there was an age requirement. Too many teenagers

It would be nice, mine is a huge place and is always packed full it seems like. I can usually find something to suffice but rarely get to use the equipment I want. It would also be nice if there was an age requirement. Too many teenagers
I have 2 gyms I go to. One is super new and has everything, but too many aspiring influencers and teenagers during the hours I prefer to go. The other is older, and massive, but the equipment isnt as nice. I typically go to the older one just to avoid people, even though it doesnt have everything that I like.

The walking backwards has really helped me deal with general pain. Not expecting to go out and run a half marathon but surgeries on both knees in my 20s and early 30s left me with a lot of pain. I still need to work on my mobility and flexibility but found that has helped a lot with the general aches.
Thanks for mentioning this, will definitely be giving this a try.

The invaders have slowly disappeared for me too.

2 days after is always the worst. Oh, it's so miserable.
It really is always 2 days after.
It's dead here too, but it's spring break week so most people are out of town.
Same. Both sides up my upper legs are dead today.
Hex bar deadlifts today were SO much fun. 🤕

Back