2024 Better You Fitness Thread

Leg day, let's do this!
Im finally not sore from leg day from last Tuesday!

That's what happens when I break routine and dont do leg day for 3-4 weeks.

Im finally not sore from leg day from last Tuesday!

That's what happens when I break routine and dont do leg day for 3-4 weeks.
So many split squats today, but it was a great workout.

We had a finisher at the end of class and the ladies having to do burpees was all dependent on me not dropping my legs for a 5 round tabata style ab leg tuck. I wanted to die, but we did NOT have to do burpees.

So many split squats today, but it was a great workout.

We had a finisher at the end of class and the ladies having to do burpees was all dependent on me not dropping my legs for a 5 round tabata style ab leg tuck. I wanted to die, but we did NOT have to do burpees.
That just sounds terrifying.

I promised the ladies I would not let them do burpees. I truly thought I was going to die, but there was zero chance I was letting that happen.
Well, I think I would rather do that than burpees though. I hate burpees.

Well, I think I would rather do that than burpees though. I hate burpees.
I think I would have failed, then feigned projectile vomiting incoming. Maybe just take five for a bit, idk

I think I would have failed, then feigned projectile vomiting incoming. Maybe just take five for a bit, idk
Want me to do what? BRB.

Chest shoulders tris and abs this morning. Switched to LA Fitness from 24 hr several months ago. Less folks and no one hogging benches watching tv. Life is good

Been almost 2 weeks since I've been able to make it to the gym. I miss it. Want to go today but its 60 degrees outside and may be the last we see for awhile. Tough decision to try and walk 9 holes or hit the gym after work.

Front squats, Seated DB overhead presses, Romanian deadlifts, Lat pull-downs (with a new attachment--wheee!), Decline ab crunches, Standing bicep curls, Wrist rollers.

Other than the wrist rollers, for which I added weight, I knocked everything else down a notch. Between being on a fat loss regimen and doing swing training 3-4 times/day, it was all becoming too much.

Dialing everything back was a good move. I got a workout in I can feel, but I don't feel wiped out, and, perhaps most importantly, it was an enjoyable workout.

Bench press is being weird lately. Weird niggle in my pec, probably some scar tissue from a previous tear, but it's annoying because it's flaring up the last few weeks

Bench night. Bonus round of AMRAP... my new least favorite acronym. 5 minutes to get to 10k lbs... nobody made it, but I made it the least.

Legs and shoulders and core from 4:45am to 6am. It was a good morning. I'm always very happy to have survived Thursdays.

Legs and shoulders and core from 4:45am to 6am. It was a good morning. I'm always very happy to have survived Thursdays.
4:45am workout? That's impressive! I used to get up that early back in my 20's to go to CrossFit, and the irony there is JB used to get so mad when the alarm would go off. Now he's awake before then, lol.

The gym is going to be rough today with how tired I am, but I am still going. Already had a cup of coffee and cracked open an energy drink.

4:45am workout? That's impressive! I used to get up that early back in my 20's to go to CrossFit, and the irony there is JB used to get so mad when the alarm would go off. Now he's awake before then, lol.

The gym is going to be rough today with how tired I am, but I am still going. Already had a cup of coffee and cracked open an energy drink.
He's been up for 45 minutes by then 😂

I usually start just after 5, but this week has been a little different due to shuffling schedules. I hate to say it, because it really catches up to me at night, but I like that extra 20 minutes.

Caffeine yourself up and get it done! You'll be heading home before you know it.

He's been up for 45 minutes by then 😂

I usually start just after 5, but this week has been a little different due to shuffling schedules. I hate to say it, because it really catches up to me at night, but I like that extra 20 minutes.

Caffeine yourself up and get it done! You'll be heading home before you know it.
Just do what I do and go to bed at 8:30 😂 😂 .

Ummm, of course lol. I get made fun of, but I get anxiety if I see 9pm during the week.
Baby Hat GIF

Oh, I almost forgot the highlight of my morning.

I was doing reverse flys on an inclined bench and stood up to this masterpiece.
IMG_9276.jpeg

Kevin James Hero GIF by TV Land

Good God dude, no. That sounds awful.

Back