2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

I have them in my 2021 T300s

Had a day with the irons in 30 mph winds today. Lots of guessing games with distances, but teeing off with the 5 and 4 irons went well. Swinging less aggressively and letting these clubs do what they do was the best course of action. A lot of smooth, soft contact today after I worked a few things out.

Also, with the way these clubs get through the grass, I am more confident hitting a longer club out of the fescue. Not that I should hit a 6i out of tall grass, but it did work…

Today reminded my why I love my Titleist irons. After 15 holes, I had 11/15 GIR. I threw up all over myself on the last three holes, but the irons really performed throughout the round.

T200 long irons are fantastic. Really confidence inspiring over the ball and the ball shoots off the face. First round T my home course tomorrow and looking forward to playing.

I’m dying to get these out on home course but everything closed for another week up here so opening day looks like next Friday although supposed to rain like 4 out of 5 of the next few days 🤬. Crossing fingers will be good to go on Thursday after work.

Had a day with the irons in 30 mph winds today. Lots of guessing games with distances, but teeing off with the 5 and 4 irons went well. Swinging less aggressively and letting these clubs do what they do was the best course of action. A lot of smooth, soft contact today after I worked a few things out.

Also, with the way these clubs get through the grass, I am more confident hitting a longer club out of the fescue. Not that I should hit a 6i out of tall grass, but it did work…
Man I can't wait to see you put a Titleist fairway in the bag!

Gooch would've been in the final pairing.

It's funny because with the latter, they are the only major OEM (that I know of) that offers the Tensei AM2 graphite shafts as a stock option, which are one I get along with well. I'm pondering them despite the price and because of that.
I recently purchased a T350 (5 iron) and T200 (6-P) with the Tensei shafts. Really like them. Liked the 5 iron so much that I ordered the 6 in T350 as well.

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, but at the risk of being a broken record, these irons continue to be the strength of my game. I have been gaining strokes on a 10 handicap on approaches in every single round since December, with the average being 2.09 strokes and the most being 4.26 strokes. I'm even averaging 0.12 strokes gained on a 5 handicap in the last 10 rounds. Don't get me wrong, I am certainly not perfect, and I continue to struggle at times with a pull, as well as with tending to miss short (though I suspect that has something to do with how cold / windy it's been), but the misses are SO much smaller than they were with my previous irons.

The T200 long irons are so crazy good. I hit a 4i uphill into a breeze from 200 and ended up just slightly over the green on the toughest hole on the course, and also hit a 5i to 20' into that same breeze from 190 onto the 2nd toughest hole and toughest green to hit. They are the easiest long irons I've gamed by a long shot, and they still feel so good considering the speed and forgiveness that's there.

Also, I have gone back to the 48* and the 9i being my key go-to chipping clubs to great success. I really need to work on my wedges in general, but the lone bright spot in my short game right now is chipping with the T150's.

Highlight shot yesterday was a T150 9i into a real breezy sky to a very small par 3 green, that I hit to inside 10' and made the putt for my only birdie of the day. Perfectly struck and with the T150's feel, I immediately knew it was going to be a good one.

I am back from a long weekend in SC and put these irons through a lot! The point of my trip was to play The Ocean Course and the irons were the key to me staying in play. The wind was thankfully 5-10 mph (a gift out there) and with my driver being what it is, hitting irons off the tee was important a a number of par 4's. The T200 4i utility was the star of the show with a gentle draw finding a few fairways and a few rolling a bit too far into waste bunkers. Still, easy to swing and let the club do the work.

My pull left is back, so I have work to do, but it is consistent and I made it work (kind of). When I managed to find the greens which were paspalum and something I never really got used to. It felt very grabby for both iron shots and chips and I made a bad habit of adding too much to chips which went long. The irons and wedges got through just fine but I still added extra to my swing and suffered the consequences. I need to trust the club design.

Greens were firm and tough to hold like back home on bent grass, and were quite firm (rarely made much of a ball mark) but I did not see a ton of roll out with mid irons. Greens were smaller than I thought that they would be, so keeping shots tight from landing to full stop was important.

All in all, letting the clubs do the work and not adding or adjusting for new grass types would have been the better idea. I had a ton of fun testing the irons out on unfamiliar territory (also on beach sand. A lot of beach sand).

Trying to work out my swing and had a few issues with irons yesterday, but I also hit a few of my best iron shots ever. My 7 iron has been the biggest issue (maybe due to being the shortest T200?) Anyway, I can pull this club left the most and did so on a par 5. A few holes later, I hit the 7i again and hit one of the best shots ever. Played my number and landed it 5 yards longer than average. Swing work continues!

I did have a bad break when warming up on the range. My 2i which is the newest club in the bag decided to separate head from shaft. Epoxy failure. Kudos to the course staff who drove the range cart out to get the club head. Maybe I am reading too much into things, but has there been an increase in epoxy failures this year? I have seen 6 clubs fail this year already.

Trying to work out my swing and had a few issues with irons yesterday, but I also hit a few of my best iron shots ever. My 7 iron has been the biggest issue (maybe due to being the shortest T200?) Anyway, I can pull this club left the most and did so on a par 5. A few holes later, I hit the 7i again and hit one of the best shots ever. Played my number and landed it 5 yards longer than average. Swing work continues!

I did have a bad break when warming up on the range. My 2i which is the newest club in the bag decided to separate head from shaft. Epoxy failure. Kudos to the course staff who drove the range cart out to get the club head. Maybe I am reading too much into things, but has there been an increase in epoxy failures this year? I have seen 6 clubs fail this year already.
Oh geez! I assume Titleist put this one together for you, so hopefully if you contact them they will pay for the repair or replacement.

I feel you on the lefts. That is my miss with these as well, but it also was with my previous irons. I've made some grip and swing tweaks in the last few months that have taken me from a previous roughly 2/3 left misses to much closer to even left vs right in my last 10 rounds. I guess I say this to say stick with it, you'll find what works!

Had a Titleist fitting Friday for wedges - ended up filling out that end of the bag. Had a conversation about irons and took the first step down the slippery slope - ordered a T150 PW in the same spec as the wedges. Will see how that fares compared to the ZX5mkii PW. I could see then adding the T150 9i, but maybe keeping ZX5 8i as for some reason I hit that thing really well - same with the 7i.

Life is an experiment...

A few swings with the T350 4 iron sent the ponder mode into overdrive. It was a really enjoyable experience.

Where have people been breaking their set from the T350 to T200? And how do the T350 work for folks in the scoring irons? Part of me wonders jaut to lean into the forgiveness with how good it felt.
IMG_8362.jpeg

A few swings with the T350 4 iron sent the ponder mode into overdrive. It was a really enjoyable experience.

Where have people been breaking their set from the T350 to T200? And how do the T350 work for folks in the scoring irons? Part of me wonders jaut to lean into the forgiveness with how good it felt.
View attachment 9261319
My set goes 4-6 T 350 and 7-AW T200. Love the huge forgiveness and distance in the T350s. The T200s are more of my scoring irons and they are also forgiving and feel great, no issues holding greens or anything.

My set goes 4-6 T 350 and 7-AW T200. Love the huge forgiveness and distance in the T350s. The T200s are more of my scoring irons and they are also forgiving and feel great, no issues holding greens or anything.
How do the PW and AW play for little chips and touch shots around the green?

How do the PW and AW play for little chips and touch shots around the green?
They actually do really well. I started using the PW and AW around the green more than I ever had before with any other iron set. I typically use a 54 around the greens but for some shots where I need a little more roll out was using the PW and AW, they also have some good checking spin when needed.

They actually do really well. I started using the PW and AW around the green more than I ever had before with any other iron set. I typically use a 54 around the greens but for some shots where I need a little more roll out was using the PW and AW, they also have some good checking spin when needed.
Thanks, wasn’t sure with the hollow construction how they felt for you there.

The launch on the 350 today on that 4 iron was pretty intoxicating to be honest

Thanks, wasn’t sure with the hollow construction how they felt for you there.

The launch on the 350 today on that 4 iron was pretty intoxicating to be honest
Yes in my last iron set I rarely hit the 4 iron, with the T350 I have much more confidence and use it more for sure.

Irons are the undisputed strength of my game right now, and the T-Series are a key reason for that. On approaches, I have gained strokes on a 10 hcp in all but one of my last 10 rounds, gained strokes on a 5 hcp in each of the last 4 rounds, and in my last round on Sunday I even gained strokes on a scratch golfer. I'm starting to feel like I'm approaching mid-season swing status right now, and the irons are close to point and shoot.

As good as the whole set is, the T200 long irons continue to be the standout. Never in my life have I had the confidence to stand over an iron from 200 yards out or more, with trouble to contend with, and execute it like I've been able to do with these. The below are some of the best examples from my Sunday. Just absolutely loving it and you would have to pay me quite handsomely to go back to a hybrid at this point.

042724 HV9.PNG
042724 HV13.PNG

does anyone on here play the T350 - say 6 iron thru gap wedge - like to hear some reviews on these irons not just the T200- say for an 8 hc senior player in their early 70's

does anyone on here play the T350 - say 6 iron thru gap wedge - like to hear some reviews on these irons not just the T200- say for an 8 hc senior player in their early 70's
I play T350 in 4-6 but T200 in 7-AW. The T350s in the longer irons are great, forgiving, awesome distance and dispersion, and don't look to chunky either. I would have not problem playing them all throughout the set. I have posted some reviews and number in this thread if you go back and read along with some others. I would say if you are looking for a great feeling, good looking and great performing iron I would not hesitate to recommend theses irons.

My current experiment - ZX5 PW vs T150 PW. The Srixon has a Dart 65R shaft, the Titleist is Tensei Blue AM2-R. I expected a bigger difference. Was swinging so-so today, most things were out on the toe. The ZX5 is a little longer so you have more toe to work with, but they were comparable. In addition distance was pretty much the same, the T150 maybe was a yard or two longer. Both are 44*. Different feel when you flush them - ZX5 has a light click, the T150 just kind of dissarears into the cornfield like Shoeless Joe.

t150 - 1.jpeg
t150 - 1 (1).jpeg

Last edited:
Back