2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

My current experiment - ZX5 PW vs T150 PW. The Srixon has a Dart 65R shaft, the Titleist is Tensei Blue AM2-R. I expected a bigger difference. Was swinging so-so today, most things were out on the toe. The ZX5 is a little longer so you have more toe to work with, but they were comparable. In addition distance was pretty much the same, the T150 maybe was a yard or two longer. Both are 44*. Different feel when you flush them - ZX5 has a light click, the T150 just kind of dissarears into the cornfield like Shoeless Joe.

View attachment 9262485
View attachment 9262486
I came from ZX5's to T200/T150 combo and I find the T150 feels miles better to me than the ZX5 - and the ZX5 is no slouch.

I came from ZX5's to T200/T150 combo and I find the T150 feels miles better to me than the ZX5 - and the ZX5 is no slouch.
After a couple of range sessions I ordered up the T150 9i, will see how that fares. Gapping should be good with T150 in 9-PW and ZX5mk2 in 7-8i, but if the 9i works maybe I'll keep going. I've been really happy with the ZX5 and assumed the T150 would be harder to hit and penalize me more but not really seeing that. If anything, I'm getting some of the, "it's a smaller head so you better focus" benefit with the T150. Plus they remind me of my old DCI irons to some degree. Back when I could swing hard without fear of something going snap...

After a couple of range sessions I ordered up the T150 9i, will see how that fares. Gapping should be good with T150 in 9-PW and ZX5mk2 in 7-8i, but if the 9i works maybe I'll keep going. I've been really happy with the ZX5 and assumed the T150 would be harder to hit and penalize me more but not really seeing that. If anything, I'm getting some of the, "it's a smaller head so you better focus" benefit with the T150. Plus they remind me of my old DCI irons to some degree. Back when I could swing hard without fear of something going snap...
For what it's worth, I did a direct distance comparison of the T200/150 back earlier in my testing and found that the T-Series was about 1/2 club longer than the ZX5 (Mk1). But of course correct shaft choice, etc will factor into that. I suspect you won't have much of and issue blending the two together if you choose to do so.

Last edited:
Got a lot of work with my T150s today, especially the short irons since there were a lot of par 3 holes. Held up well in rough conditions and there was one shot so flushed that I hit it clear over the green, mostly due to learning playing distances etc.

Flush contact with these feels great, and feel like I’m still seeing good amounts of spin and strong flight with these irons. Feeling a lot more confident after a round in with them.

For what it's worth, I did a direct distance comparison of the T200/150 back earlier in my testing and found that the T-Series was about 1/2 club longer than the ZX5 (Mk1). But of course correct shaft choice, etc will factor into that. I suspect you won't have much of and issue blending the two together if you choose to do so.

I came from ZX5’s as well and was originally fit into a full T200 set. Ball striking and overall game has shown improvement. I actually switched my short irons to T150’s a couple of weeks ago, so now I’m also T200/T150 combo. The T200 long irons have been incredible since day 1, and now I feel I have a little more control with the T150 in my scoring irons. Better turf interaction than my ZX5’s.

I came from ZX5’s as well and was originally fit into a full T200 set. Ball striking and overall game has shown improvement. I actually switched my short irons to T150’s a couple of weeks ago, so now I’m also T200/T150 combo. The T200 long irons have been incredible since day 1, and now I feel I have a little more control with the T150 in my scoring irons. Better turf interaction than my ZX5’s.
Nice dude! Which iron did you start at for the 150's?

Nice dude! Which iron did you start at for the 150's?

6-GW are T150 now, kept the 4 and 5 T200 in the bag. I feel like the transition is better with the T150 into my wedges. I added a little more spin with the 150 stock wedges too.
I’d noticed that I was starting to get caught in the turf more and leaving the face open as I was improving my swing. So I visited a Titleist fitter and we made some adjustments, but at the end of the fitting, the 150 gave me a bit better numbers and dispersion. In the original fitting, we really focused on ball speed, but as my ball striking has improved, I wanted to have a little more control with my scoring irons. The 150 gives me that, plus the T200 short irons were a little hot off the face.

I have always been a slow adopter of new irons and after about 8-10 rounds I am beginning to dial in my swing and distances. After almost 6 months off, starting to get feel back and really are loving the T200/T150 combo.

I am finding more frequently that well struck shots go at least 1 club longer than my previous TCB’s so am starting to adjust albeit slowly depending on pin location.

Yesterday I hit an 8 iron to 4 feet on a downhill, below my feet that I commented to a playing partner that it felt just as good as my old TCB’s. This is a shot that I historically struggle with. They feel just that good on center strikes.

Very happy with my purchase, looking forward to a long season.

6-GW are T150 now, kept the 4 and 5 T200 in the bag. I feel like the transition is better with the T150 into my wedges. I added a little more spin with the 150 stock wedges too.
I’d noticed that I was starting to get caught in the turf more and leaving the face open as I was improving my swing. So I visited a Titleist fitter and we made some adjustments, but at the end of the fitting, the 150 gave me a bit better numbers and dispersion. In the original fitting, we really focused on ball speed, but as my ball striking has improved, I wanted to have a little more control with my scoring irons. The 150 gives me that, plus the T200 short irons were a little hot off the face.
Nice dude. I definitely agree with the transition into the wedges being better from T150, they feel more similar to a Vokey. I know what you mean about how hot the T200 are, but at least for me, I haven't found that to cause inconsistent distance control so I really like the extra help in the mid irons. I transition at 9i to T150, which basically means from closer than 150, i'm all T150...
Sarcastic Well Done GIF by CBC

Back