ANNOUNCEMENT 2023 THP NFL Pickem Pool - Win Weekly Prizes

I’m so looking forward to the day when I can actually pick my Texans to win a game

I love doing this but as with everything else NFL, I suck at it LOL.

Thanks for putting his together @GolferGal

I’m in for another year of being awful with my picks!

Very cool and fun. Thanks for bringing it back again!

I do not follow the NFL at all so really suck at this but enjoy doing it every week, every year.

The first year I took part, some how I was in the running fit the overal year lead. I didn’t win that and ever since

Thanks for doing this again this year. I don't do fantasy football, so this is the only thing that really gets me excited about the football season. It gives me something to pay attention to every week. Otherwise, I could really care less about football in general :eek:

Oh yes ready to redeem myself from an abysmal season last year.

I'm ready to throw darts again this year, it's fun to do well every once in a while without paying a bit of attention to the NFL.

Good luck everyone, and thanks for setting this up for us @GolferGal . :drinks:

I'm still not believing how terribly I was at this last year. (sigh) Maybe I'll do better this year.

straight up no spread correct? Usually hold my own so let’s see how this goes

I love the Pickem. I’m terrible, but it is a blast.

Haven't done a pick 'em league in a few years. They're fun. We had a big one at the office pre-Covid for many years.

My week 1 picks are in. I hope you all enjoy playing for 2nd. 🤣

Last edited:
So here's how you win:

1. Vegas usually picks the winner. This gets you close to the top, but the overall winners consistently outperform the house picks.

2. Remember, you're not playing a computer, you're playing other people. If a prediction is 99 to 1 in favor of Team A and you pick Team B, and Team A wins, congratulations 99 people just jumped in front of you. If Team B wins and you picked Team A, only 1 person jumped in front of you.

3. The big movement will always be in the pick'ems.

Good luck everybody

My picks are in!

My picks are in!
That's early!! I need to be less of a procrastinator. Going to get mine in tonight!!

That's early!! I need to be less of a procrastinator. Going to get mine in tonight!!
I can always change them I suppose, but at least I won’t forget this way

It’s officially week 1

Get this picks in!!!!

I'm in! All for another contest to make football games that much more interesting :)

Some of you might have joined in on the fun the last few of years, but for those who didn't, we added a really fun new feature to the THP forum a few years ago where we did a NFL Pickem Pool each week during the NFL Season. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it so we decided to bring it back again for 2023!View attachment 9202569

I have the 2023 season set up and the first week of the season's matchups are ready to be picked. Hopefully I didn't screw anything up, and the games should properly lock just before kickoff so no one can change their picks once the game starts. I will get more weeks loaded in later today and as the season goes on.

How to Join and Make Your Picks:
There is no charge for this, it's totally free, we just thought this would be something fun for everyone. It's super simple, click the PICKEM tab in the navigation bar at the top of the forum and then click on the 2023 THP NFL Pickem Pool. Then in the top right you will click Join Pool, it's in the big orange/yellow box. Then click the correct week (right now I just have the first week set up) and click Manage Picks in the big orange/yellow box. Make your picks and away you go. You will have until the the start of each game to manage your picks, but once the games start they should be locked and you shouldn't be able to change your pick. The tie breaker will be total points (without going over) for the Monday Night Football game, and if there are multiple MNF games, it will be for the latest one.

Prizes!!
The winner of each week will get a THP Prize pack and the winner for the rest of the season will get something special. Shipping to Albatross Club members will be free, if you are not an Albatross Club Member and win, there will be a cost to cover shipping. As always, the Albatross Club is open to anybody that would like to join and help support an amazing charity.

That's it. It's really simple, and we hope this will be as fun this year as it was the last two years. My picks are already in. Good luck!!
Thanks for doing this. Definitely adds to the fun of the football season.

Back