2023 Srixon Z-STAR and Divide Golf Balls

I've been doing my best to test the QST, Z, and Diamond head to head. The part of me that likes the middle ground, which is basically every part of me, leans towards the Z for feel. It's so nice off pretty much every club. That being said, the Diamond isn't that big a departure feel-wise, and I wouldn't be shocked if failed a blind test.

Didn't use the Diamond yesterday in the hopes I could isolate the QST and Z a bit better.

As usual, the Z spins wonderfully off a wedge. Other than that, I'm not sure I could look at performance with other clubs and reliably say any of the three are better or worse. Maybe if I got on a SkyTrak and did a deep dive I'd see some slight differences, but full swing consistency doesn't always jive with the minutia of ball fitting data for me. If a ball feels great and does what I want from a wedge, I'm pretty much sold. Then factor in the beauty that is Tour Yellow and I think it's all becoming an easy decision for me.

I've always been a Zstar XV guy. I wouldn't mind them being a touch softer, but doesn't bother me like some.

still curious to pick up some diamonds at some point to give them a go.

Yep. It still says premium while making me feel just a little better. I think I’ll grab a box of the Diamonds to start and then check out standard Z Star after that. Now to decide if I go Divide or not.

Exactly what I am going to do. Picked up a box of Diamonds last week and going to see how those are. I played Z Stars a few seasons ago and went back to ProVs but really wanting to try them again and definitely going with the Divides if I do. Cant wait to get out on the course and try them out.

After a handful of rounds with the Z and the Diamond, I'm just going to say it.

I don't think it really matters which one I play. Both spin well around the green and I've not seen any difference in full swings that leads me to believe one is better than the other (for me). I think a great deal of that is related to me. As a typical inconsistent golfer I'm not sure I can say one ball went higher than the other based on anything other than the nature of each swing. Don't get me wrong. There are lots of you that surely have a different experience in that regard and I hope I'm in the same boat one day.

I will say that my number one priority with ball choice, assuming no major discrepancies in full swings, is short game spin and both balls are giving me plenty. From there, I'd go to feel and the Z wins by a small margin. I'll play everything I've purchased until they are gone, but after that I'm going Z in Tour Yellow exclusively.

I don't think it really matters which one I play. Both spin well around the green and I've not seen any difference in full swings that leads me to believe one is better than the other (for me). I think a great deal of that is related to me. As a typical inconsistent golfer I'm not sure I can say one ball went higher than the other based on anything other than the nature of each swing. Don't get me wrong. There are lots of you that surely have a different experience in that regard and I hope I'm in the same boat one day.

I will say that my number one priority with ball choice, assuming no major discrepancies in full swings, is short game spin and both balls are giving me plenty. From there, I'd go to feel and the Z wins by a small margin. I'll play everything I've purchased until they are gone, but after that I'm going Z in Tour Yellow exclusively.
Same distance off the tee?

My worry with the diamond is losing distance off the tee.

I need to figure out which Srixon ball to use still. I really love the CSX LS because it spins well into greens but not so much off the driver. I lost a full box of diamonds pretty quickly, I think they just spin too much off the driver. I want to give them another box to decide though. Might try the XV next but I'm afraid it may not have enough greenside spin. I tried the regular Z Star last year and it was 15-20 yards shorter off the driver for me (probably a spin issue)

I go back and forth between the yellow and the divide, but I think I actually prefer to the divide. I found the diamond and the Z to be nearly identical for me also from a performance standpoint.

I go back and forth between the yellow and the divide, but I think I actually prefer to the divide. I found the diamond and the Z to be nearly identical for me also from a performance standpoint.

You know, I'm going to grab a box of Divides next time now that you mention it. Good thought!

I need to figure out which Srixon ball to use still. I really love the CSX LS because it spins well into greens but not so much off the driver. I lost a full box of diamonds pretty quickly, I think they just spin too much off the driver. I want to give them another box to decide though. Might try the XV next but I'm afraid it may not have enough greenside spin. I tried the regular Z Star last year and it was 15-20 yards shorter off the driver for me (probably a spin issue)
A little shorter, but more consistent? I'd give up a few yards to find more fairways most days.

You know, I'm going to grab a box of Divides next time now that you mention it. Good thought!
I've got two boxes of last years yellow, and two boxes of last years divide on the shelf. One box of this years Divides after those are gone :)

A little shorter, but more consistent? I'd give up a few yards to find more fairways most days.
the problem on my course, a little shorter means in the water on #11 and #15 instead of carrying on the line I want to take. Otherwise I have to play way left on 11, turning it into a 3 shot par 5, and way right on 15 making it a 4i into the green instead of a 9i. I"m long (for me) and consistent with the CSX LS, just need to find the Srixon ball with similar numbers.

Oh I feel like I've been putting my feedback in the wrong thread.

I've been playing the Diamond some again the last couple weeks. I've enjoyed it. It's not the longest but the spin and flight profile is a nice match for me with my Srixons. It's a good pairing. Good around the greens. I still love it off my putter. Sounds like a cracker off the Aerojet LS too.

I used the Z-STAR today and was super impressed. Good launch, great spin around the greens and durability is solid.

I need to burn through my prior model to get some of these new ones in play. :unsure:

I need to go grab a dozen each of the z Star line and figure out which to play.

Random thought for the day, why is it Z-Star XV and not just X?

I've been trying to find which of these balls works for me. I've been playing the standard Z-Star Divide and tried the Z-Star XV my last round. I felt I might be losing some driver distance with the Z-Star, but after measuring with gps app, it was getting me out to a total distance of 260-270 on good strikes. A number I'm happy with. The XV was a bit further, but not by much. Both balls spun well and checked up with the irons and wedges. But I like the softer feel of the Z-Star.

I plan to give the Diamond a try. Hopefully this weekend.

I've been trying to find which of these balls works for me. I've been playing the standard Z-Star Divide and tried the Z-Star XV my last round. I felt I might be losing some driver distance with the Z-Star, but after measuring with gps app, it was getting me out to a total distance of 260-270 on good strikes. A number I'm happy with. The XV was a bit further, but not by much. Both balls spun well and checked up with the irons and wedges. But I like the softer feel of the Z-Star.

I plan to give the Diamond a try. Hopefully this weekend.

I'm interested to hear your feedback on the Diamond. I still think the Z feels better than it does, but it's not far off in my opinion. Hoping once I get the SkyTrak+ up and running, I can have a really thorough comparison between the two. It's hard for me to attribute driver performance to a ball - most of the time I just feel like it's random and I got lucky :LOL:

It's hard for me to attribute driver performance to a ball - most of the time I just feel like it's random and I got lucky :LOL:
I feel the same way. I don't always hit the center of the face, so a good drive is usually a good swing and not any ball difference. But I have been measuring my drives recently to get numbers on the course. It's only total distance and doesn't take into account bounce and conditions, but it's something.

I was hitting 2 balls on most every shot yesterday to compote diamond and the csxls. The two feel pretty similar and had pretty similar results on th shots where I hit them equal. Unfortunately I only had 2 drivers where I hit them similar and that’s where my biggest concern is. On those 2 shots they were pretty similar results

I'm interested to hear your feedback on the Diamond. I still think the Z feels better than it does, but it's not far off in my opinion. Hoping once I get the SkyTrak+ up and running, I can have a really thorough comparison between the two. It's hard for me to attribute driver performance to a ball - most of the time I just feel like it's random and I got lucky :LOL:
I feel the same way. I don't always hit the center of the face, so a good drive is usually a good swing and not any ball difference. But I have been measuring my drives recently to get numbers on the course. It's only total distance and doesn't take into account bounce and conditions, but it's something.

And just like that, I'm completely waffling.

I don't do a lot of comparisons off the tee box because of what I said above (and I'm always convinced that there's some karmic rule that says I'm going to lose the second ball since I'm a weirdo), but I did yesterday. QST and Z Star.

I did this twice on two of my favorite driving holes. Both balls were relatively similar in terms of contact and ball flight. I am not a robot, unless maybe somebody made a robot that is the opposite of other robots.

Hole 7 (elevated tee box).
QST - 243
Z Star - 266 (!)

These were both mid-height draws. The Q was a shade more toe side and likely carried a bit less spin based on the ball flight being a little lower. The Z was dead center, a little higher, and actually carried where the QST stopped rolling.

Hole 9 (hitting up a hill to a plateau)
QST - 212
Z Star - 229

These, again, were both mid-height draws. Z was maybe a little bit more centered up, but they didn't feel remarkably different in terms of contact. Numbers aren't big, but it's way uphill. I was happy with both tbh.

I'm not sure what to take away from that. I have the part of me that says it's just coincidence and then part of me says Z Star is life. Again, can't wait to test them out on a monitor one of these days.

Yeah I really really like the q star for everything besides off the tee.

Yeah I really really like the q star for everything besides off the tee.

What do you notice outside distance (I assume that's why you don't like it from the tee). Ball flight different? I'm trying to nail down why there would be a difference - speed, spin, etc.

Back