2023 Cobra KING TEC Utility Irons

This dude is GOOD. Whew!

A701556E-F4DB-42F2-A76D-2E31687635F7.jpeg

After outdoor and indoor time, this one is my utility of choice for the season. Went 4U, 1 strong, paired with Recoil 95. The feel is impeccable, the look is stellar, and the flight is STRONG.

5D571C44-6037-41DC-9EFD-706ED8BF9BC7.jpeg

5D3E28D9-1360-44E7-B3AB-99B023F57E82.jpeg

Looks really sharp

Holy wow! These are so good. Feels much more solid than the previous utility irons, easy to launch and spin seemed to be perfect for me, not to mention it looks fantastic.

Holy wow! These are so good. Feels much more solid than the previous utility irons, easy to launch and spin seemed to be perfect for me, not to mention it looks fantastic.
Tollllllld you.

Saw these in the wild this morning and they look good. Definitely a nice shape to it, and it must visually flow really nicely into the Tours/CB’s. The Cobra “player” lines are looking hot this year.

Does anyone else have any feedback on the new utility iron? Haven't seen many reviews since the launch.

These look awesome, thinking one in the 4 spot. My 4h is more like a 5w for distance.

Does anyone else have any feedback on the new utility iron? Haven't seen many reviews since the launch.
They're a lot of fun. I'm still super impressed, more than anything they sound (feel) INFINITELY better than last time around.

I really and I mean really considered putting the 4 and 5 in my bag this season. Thats how good they are. The 4 is in the bag and you may have to pry it out of my hands

I only hit this club once today but man it’s my favorite long iron I’ve ever had in the bag hands down. Feel is fantastic, nice launch and paired with the stock MMT it just goes. Starting to ask myself why I didn’t put more of these in the bag.

This was a blind one for me and the MC. At least in memory. I'm told I hit it all one point but I don't remember that and it was well before the MC stuff started for me. I'm really excited for this one to arrive.

If you haven't tried these you need to. I only have a 4U right now but it's quickly become one of my favorite clubs to hit. Its definitely more utility than say driving iron but every time I pull it good things happen. I want more of them.

If you haven't tried these you need to. I only have a 4U right now but it's quickly become one of my favorite clubs to hit. Its definitely more utility than say driving iron but every time I pull it good things happen. I want more of them.
Would you say this is very usable off the turf as well as off the tee? This has been a hard ponder for me and will more than likely snag one down the road.

Would you say this is very usable off the turf as well as off the tee? This has been a hard ponder for me and will more than likely snag one down the road.
Absolutely. Yesterday I had 220 in from fairway, was a bit downwind and decided to take a little off. Absolutely hit it perfect, nice high flight and stopped on the green for a birdie putt. Like I said more utility than driving iron...at least in the 4U. I can hit it off the tee well also but ball flight is probably higher than one would want for a driving iron.

@jdtox what shaft do you have in yours and how does the flight compare to your longest iron?

@jdtox what shaft do you have in yours and how does the flight compare to your longest iron?
Stock MMT 80 S

Ball flight is a little higher than my 5 iron...maybe? but it never really seems like it spins up on me. I have regrets about not getting the 5 too and MMT shafts in all my irons haha

Can we talk about how impeccable this one sounds (feels)? Compared not only to the previous version, but most others on the market?

This is going to battle the Mizuno this week to see which one gets subbed in-out for the 23 UW depending on the course and course conditions I'm playing.

Can we talk about how impeccable this one sounds (feels)? Compared not only to the previous version, but most others on the market?

This is going to battle the Mizuno this week to see which one gets subbed in-out for the 23 UW depending on the course and course conditions I'm playing.
It honestly reminds a bit of the Fli-Hi outside of color. The sound is really good and the launch I get from such a low lofted clubs is great. Its the best one they have put out in my opinion and I don't miss the "whoosh" sound from the adjustable ones we used to get haha

It honestly reminds a bit of the Fli-Hi outside of color. The sound is really good and the launch I get from such a low lofted clubs is great. Its the best one they have put out in my opinion and I don't miss the "whoosh" sound from the adjustable ones we used to get haha
There's power in there. I hit a few at the end of my practice session yesterday so I was getting armsy, but the potential is there

Screenshot (97).png

So who else has one of these in the bag? I continue to enjoy hitting this one. Easy launch, plenty of spin and distance gaps well for me when I put a good swing on it. I have noticed the shaft doesn't hold up well for me when I go after one as of late but my swing has left me at random times throughout the round so have to be conscious of that for me personally.

So who else has one of these in the bag? I continue to enjoy hitting this one. Easy launch, plenty of spin and distance gaps well for me when I put a good swing on it. I have noticed the shaft doesn't hold up well for me when I go after one as of late but my swing has left me at random times throughout the round so have to be conscious of that for me personally.
Is it just us? Hahaha

I’ll have something wild in mine when we play in a couple weeks. 😬

Back