2023 Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid

I’ll add like I did in the article, based on the pics, the shape at setup looks much more normal than the past two to my eye. Sure, it’s still big, but the shape seems to flow much better.

I was not expecting this release to be a Paradym release, for some reason I thought it would be an Apex Super Hybrid, or even just a non-line Super Hybrid.

Very excited to swing these, and hopefully get fitted into a handful of them. I need some Super Hybrid in my bag.

This construction doesn’t fit the Paradym construction to me so not sure on the name. I feel like this and the UW are just canibalizing each other’s sales also as no other OEM is making a club in this category. Not sure about this product’s appeal especially at $400, but go get it if you can Callaway.

Great point, they basically have, just sacrificing some of the forgiveness of a larger head for the multi-dimensional role the Super Hybrids bring.

Its interesting the sole cut-out changes they’ve made on this one to help with turf interaction.
When I tested the epic super hybrid we turned it down to avoid the lefts, but then it was basically 3 wood distance. Curious if this would be versatile enough to give the 3 wood a run :unsure:

There goes my Callaway rewards..............LOL

I've had the previous 2 models and they were both great, time to get the 3rd version.
I've been hoarding my Rewards dollars for this release.
Bagging ESH in 2-5, I've been waiting for this release to be announced.
I've gotten Driver-like speeds from the 2H I have now in the bag.

I'm looking forward to @Jman "In Hands" review of them.

Last edited:
This construction doesn’t fit the Paradym construction to me so not sure on the name. I feel like this and the UW are just canibalizing each other’s sales also as no other OEM is making a club in this category. Not sure about this product’s appeal especially at $400, but go get it if you can Callaway.
They’re quite different, this and the UW. The UW is a precision club that is workable and emphatically versatile. This, is meant to be a hybrid with driver like speed. It makes their audiences, though both niche audiences imo, different from one another.

The last one was also in the Epic line, so it makes sense to be Paradym, though I’m not sure how the construction doesn’t fit?

For the price, it’s high, but the same as two years ago, which sold pretty well.

I've been hoarding my Rewards dollars for this release.
Baggin ESH in 2-5, I've been waiting for this release to be announced.
I've gotten Driver-like speeds from the 2H I have now in the bag.

I'm looking forward to @Jman "In Hands" review of them.
The fun will begin this weekend!

A silly question from a non-Callaway guy. It looks to me from the photos on the website like the sleeve adjustments can be made without spinning the shaft itself. Can someone confirm or correct this for me please? I love adjustable clubs, but hate anything other than logo down on a shaft.

Wow i didn’t at all expect to see this. Looking forward to seeing the review @Jman. between the new UW line and this there are tons of options in this area of the bag!

A silly question from a non-Callaway guy. It looks to me from the photos on the website like the sleeve adjustments can be made without spinning the shaft itself. Can someone confirm or correct this for me please? I love adjustable clubs, but hate anything other than logo down on a shaft.
That’s the way Callaway’s Opti Fit adapter works, they and Titleist use cogs that let the shaft orientation stay the same.

@Jman between UW and Super hybrid what is the differences between these 2? Are they suppose to play similar or are they meant for 2 different play styles or just adding another option in the top half of the bag?

That’s the way Callaway’s Opti Fit adapter works, they and Titleist use cogs that let the shaft orientation stay the same.

Hmmm…. My TSR1 hybrid shaft spins with the 1-2-3-4 setting but the A-B-C-D setting is on a free spinning cog. I was hoping to avoid this with the Callaway.

The last one was also in the Epic line, so it makes sense to be Paradym, though I’m not sure how the construction doesn’t fit?

Mainly it’s a metal frame construction. The Paradym story to me is the carbon frame construction. The Paradigm shift. Just me though.The price isn’t that big a deal. Callaway will start liquidating them as “Like New” on CPO for $270-$300 or so by next summer.

Hmmm…. My TSR1 hybrid shaft spins with the 1-2-3-4 setting but the A-B-C-D setting is on a free spinning cog. I was hoping to avoid this with the Callaway.
Having TSR1 Hybrids and Callaway Hybrids, I can tell you that Callaway Cog will not have the shaft spin like the TSR1.

Having TSR1 Hybrids and Callaway Hybrids, I can tell you that Callaway Cog will not have the shaft spin like the TSR1.

Thanks for confirming. That’s how it looked in the picture, I just wanted to be sure.

Mainly it’s a metal frame construction. The Paradym story to me is the carbon frame construction. The Paradigm shift. Just me though.The price isn’t that big a deal. Callaway will start liquidating them as “Like New” on CPO for $270-$300 or so by next summer.
Almost shocked how cheap the epic version is on CPO. :unsure:

they have the best adaptors. Being able to adjust face and loft independently is nice.

Great looking club, but that price point definitely hits the brakes for me a bit. I'm sure it's justified on the Callaway side given the materials and tech, but for me that's a club I'd hit maybe 2-3 times per round on average.

Do the DART Shafts play a little firmer than the Recoil Hybrid Shafts. Doesn't look like a big difference between the F3 & F4.

As a hy-wood user, I really like and appreciate what they are trying to do here. @Jman what is the CC in the Paradym Super Hybrid?

Back