2023 - 2024 College Basketball Thread

Proud of Purdue for all they did.May never see them that far in my lifetime.
Hats off to UConn for making us one-dimensional (inside only versus inside/outside) but Purdue will be okay. Jaden Ivey arrived with Zach. Just imagine if he played on this team instead of going 5th in the NBA draft after his sophomore year. Oh well, Painter is landing team guys with talent. Next year's team is going to be completely different, and it should be fun. Boiler Up!

Did you see Painter's post-game speech? Impressive to deliver this ~10 minutes after losing the championship game. They'll be back.

Dang it. Mi Casita was my favorite under the radar Tex Mex place in town. :LOL:

I typically watch more women's NCAA then Mens......But next year Duke with Cooper Flagg is going to be must see TV. I'm very excited for this

It's only too bad he'll likely only be there a year, and not get to fulfill his destiny as the most hated college player ever

Word is Drew has been bumped into top 5 salary and NIL budgets after these last few overtures. Sounds kinda crazy. The pressure is going to ramp up, even here, if that's close to true.

Word is Drew has been bumped into top 5 salary and NIL budgets after these last few overtures. Sounds kinda crazy. The pressure is going to ramp up, even here, if that's close to true.
What's funny to me is Calipari has been whining about NIL money from Boosters from the start. The new coach will have more NIL money than he was asking for Lol. I guess you shouldn't make the money people mad.

If the reports are true about what Kentucky is about to do with their head coach. I am beyond shocked with the decision. If Kentucky has fallen off this bad then it’s time to reassess some things.

If the reports are true about what Kentucky is about to do with their head coach. I am beyond shocked with the decision. If Kentucky has fallen off this bad then it’s time to reassess some things.
Mark Pope is an, interesting, hire.

Coach Cal is a snake.

Mark Pope is an, interesting, hire.
He is a super person, an alumni who will care about the name on the front of the jersey and he’s not really a bad coach but it’s completely shocked me. Also that they didn’t even reach out to Pearl, Beard and a couple others is mind blowing. This is all Barnhart’s hire and job depends on it. Some boosters aren’t very happy but still pledge NIL will be there. I guess we’ll see. Good news for me is Calipari is gone Lol.

He is a super person, an alumni who will care about the name on the front of the jersey and he’s not really a bad coach but it’s completely shocked me. Also that they didn’t even reach out to Pearl, Beard and a couple others is mind blowing. This is all Barnhart’s hire and job depends on it. Some boosters aren’t very happy but still pledge NIL will be there. I guess we’ll see. Good news for me is Calipari is gone Lol.
Pope is a better basketball Coach than Cal. No doubt. Just not the hire I expected.

I assumed Auburn would make Steven Pearl HCIW to ensure Bruce didnt bounce to KY (not sure if he would at his age, and he is certain Steven gets the AU job when he "retires.")

Beard would have been a menace at KY.

Pope is a good coach. Really good. Recruiting strategy will be key.

Intro video in Waco next year going to be hype.

I’m not sure how it will go. I’m rooting big time for him but I’m very happy to see this kind of stuff happening again at UK. Cal did a lot of good but he also divided the fans and made a lot of folks around the program pretty angry. It’s time to get back to a family type atmosphere and not so much me me me.

I expect Rupp to be packed for the introduction today.

I’m not sure how it will go. I’m rooting big time for him but I’m very happy to see this kind of stuff happening again at UK. Cal did a lot of good but he also divided the fans and made a lot of folks around the program pretty angry. It’s time to get back to a family type atmosphere and not so much me me me.

I expect Rupp to be packed for the introduction today.

You called it...

You called it...

Nuts!! All I can say. UK fans can be tough for sure, but if we’re anything it’s Loyal to our own. They had to take the curtains down because the entire place was full. Awesome to see past players back since Cal had issues with Pitino and didn’t really welcome them it seems. Press conferences don’t win games but it was good to see someone else on the podium.

I live in NC but bleed UK Blue. They had to turn away 5000 people. They filled Rupp for a press conference. Yes, players will transfer and things will be different but Pope will field a team. He had a fine team at BYU. Cal's not a snake but he did wear out his welcome. He was always saying this isn't for everyone. Actually it is if the press conference was any indication.

Maybe Brooks wants a booth at the Mexican place too 😂

What happened?
They want to take a top assistant and rumored the top 5 incoming frosh that just signed may go with him.

Kentucky poaching from Baylor, what a crazy world.

The backup plans might be even better though. Haha. That frosh is expensive.

They want to take a top assistant and rumored the top 5 incoming frosh that just signed may go with him.

Ooooh.

I haven’t heard anything about VJ if that’s who you’re talking about only Brooks who was at UK before.

Back