2012 US Open Contest & Official Thread [Spoilers]

thoughts on world number 1's chances?

Small. He's short of the tee and relatively inaccurate with the driver. He'll have to use driver a lot, and I don't see it boding well for him.

I said number 1, not golfing god hehe

HAHA my bad. World #1 is another one that has been on and off again. Not sure how I feel about him to be honest.

Angel Cabrera takes this.

Stop! I'll take the Mechanic over Angel.

come on get real! The guy wakes up for 4 tournaments a year. You know it will happen.

come on get real! The guy wakes up for 4 tournaments a year. You know it will happen.

Nah, Cabrera might come out of nowhere to win the British or PGA, but he's already got his US Open. Dude's going to win a career Grand Slam by contending in exactly four majors.

Nah, Cabrera might come out of nowhere to win the British or PGA, but he's already got his US Open. Dude's going to win a career Grand Slam by contending in exactly four majors.

lol now that's true. He'll have 4 career wins and all will be majors.

He is nowhere near long enough IMO.
I wonder how many shots it takes him to hit the green on the 670 yard Par 5...

Kmac I'll throw another name out there that I usually look at come US Open time is Jim Furyk. He's had a decent stretch of golf since the Masters.

Kmac I'll throw another name out there that I usually look at come US Open time is Jim Furyk. He's had a decent stretch of golf since the Masters.

May or may not be in my top 4, but is in my top 10. Seems to be in good form, and certainly accurate enough for Olympic.

He'll get there in 3, but he will be playing position with a 3W for his second shot, if he hits the fairway with the driver.

I just decided who my 4 will be. One is obvious but the other 3 are guys who are certainly not favored but that I think have a shot at it.

I like furyk and he has been playing some good golf. Not sure ill pick him though.

Haha it would take me 6.5 shots right now

He was the first name I put on my roster.

Dean we need to make another westwood woods side bet.

I think Adam Scott has something to say about this tournament.

Great contest. Wouldbe curious after the contest is closed who the top vote getters are.

Whats on the line. No money this time I'm poor.

I say Jake's SPAM shirt.
We'll figure something out, I'm broke too

I think Adam Scott has something to say about this tournament.

the USGA would love for a long putter to win this thing

Call me crazy but I picked Johnson & Johnson haha

Back