2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread's going to pop with all the new posts that are about to fill it up.

That is awesome about the team announcement! I can't wait to find out which team I am on.

Just to mess with us, watch, the first team JB announces will be a team of people that have not posted since they signed up.

JB, does the announcements start today? I keep refreshing

tapatalk addict....

Just to mess with us, watch, the first team JB announces will be a team of people that have not posted since they signed up.

Or it could be a Team mixed with people who are flying under the radar like myself. You know the low key, smooth talkers, who never stir the pot :D.. Team Ghosts because we are so low key!

That would be funny and humorous to watch come outing time. "Who r u? nope never heard of you... well I never heard of you either but I don't post much."

That would be funny and humorous to watch come outing time. "Who r u? nope never heard of you... well I never heard of you either but I don't post much."

I know, who is that RxGus guy?

As we are putting together these teams, there are quite a few on the list that are not active and Im struggling to figure out some things. Some were active in the past and others have never been active. This will be addressed.

Teamname: Low Post Count

Cant understand why someone would sign up for the Outing and then disappear. There should be some interesting conversations between those who are active and those who never post come outing time.

As we are putting together these teams, there are quite a few on the list that are not active and Im struggling to figure out some things. Some were active in the past and others have never been active. This will be addressed.

I dont want to try to tell you how to run your business but people that are not active should be not be allowed to attend. There is plenty of time where they can just be refunded the money. I am looking forward to meeting THP'ers who I have actually interacted with (with the exception of OG...lol) and it will just be awkward meeting people who havent posted at all and are just there for a cheap golf vacation. It is really frustrating for not only THP but for the people who are making the effort to get to know people which will make the event that much better.

Sweet. Team announcements!

Obviously I have no say, but given the choice, I would choose someone who has been active in the past to those that have never been active. Not that either one is gonna be great, but those that were active are more likely to become active again as opposed to those that were never active. Still, there is plenty of time for all involved to become active.

I dont want to try to tell you how to run your business but people that are not active should be not be allowed to attend. There is plenty of time where they can just be refunded the money. I am looking forward to meeting THP'ers who I have actually interacted with (with the exception of OG...lol) and it will just be awkward meeting people who havent posted at all and are just there for a cheap golf vacation. It is really frustrating for not only THP but for the people who are making the effort to get to know people which will make the event that much better.

Huh? Makes mental note to take DevRickus to the woodshed :deadhorse:

Pervert! Haha watch out dev he has " candy "

tapatalk addict....

Bring it on gramps. All the depends in the world arent going to help when I beat the crap out of you.

While I agree, thats gotta be a dicey situation. Say I was one of those people and I bought my plane ticket etc, who is going to take care of the fee when I call Delta to cancel the flight?

I agree with you 100000000% and its a shame that this discussion even has to take place, but I dont think its a easy thing to pull off

While I agree, thats gotta be a dicey situation. Say I was one of those people and I bought my plane ticket etc, who is going to take care of the fee when I call Delta to cancel the flight?

I agree with you 100000000% and its a shame that this discussion even has to take place, but I dont think its a easy thing to pull off

If they havent been active at all then chances are that they didnt book flights. And if they did, the entry post stated explicitly that you have to be an active member, so it's kinda their own fault.

This is something THP will handle and although difficult, will work around these problems. Take for instance an example. An active forum member that signed up for the outing. In fact they were chosen for testing and then vanished (with equipment). Frankly I dont care if they purchased their plane ticket and they were refunded their deposit by the resort and explained that if they wanted to stay at Grand Cypress during this time, it would be as a regular guest and not part of THP.

We have not said that we would not allow people to come due to post count, but we are going to reach out to some people that are not active at all and ask their thoughts about attending because there is a requirement that if you attend a demo day, you are also there to review products and hindering the future of the THP demo day by lack of posting thoughts, does little to help anybody involved.

This is something THP will handle and although difficult, will work around these problems. Take for instance an example. An active forum member that signed up for the outing. In fact they were chosen for testing and then vanished (with equipment). Frankly I dont care if they purchased their plane ticket and they were refunded their deposit by the resort and explained that if they wanted to stay at Grand Cypress during this time, it would be as a regular guest and not part of THP.

We have not said that we would not allow people to come due to post count, but we are going to reach out to some people that are not active at all and ask their thoughts about attending because there is a requirement that if you attend a demo day, you are also there to review products and hindering the future of the THP demo day by lack of posting thoughts, does little to help anybody involved.

JB, I agree that you guys gotta do whats best for the site, and I think everyone involved appreciates that. My post may have come across the wrong way, what I was trying to get at is that its probably not something quick and easy to fix, as you went on to clarify

I wouldn't be worried about their plane ticket either, esp after they ran off with free(to them) equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back