2011 US Amateur Thread (Spoilers)

Dude....I can't get over your Beibs signature. Its so.....awful....

Your telling me....even my 12 year old daughter is already over this kid and here I am flaunting his face all over the forum.

Here is the TV schedule:

Date Network Match-Play Round Time (EDT)

Aug. 24 Golf Channel First Round 3-5 p.m.
Aug. 25 Golf Channel Second Round 1-3 p.m.
Aug. 26 Golf Channel Quarterfinals 1-3 p.m.
Aug. 27 NBC Semifinals 4-6 p.m.
Aug. 28 NBC Championship 4-6 p.m.

Thanks! Having to follow it online at http://www.usga.org/ChampEventScore.aspx?id=17179869326&year=2011&type=reversetree right now since we don't have Golf Channel at work but I get off at 2:00 so will catch the last half of the match.

Watching s bit of this today (Thursday). Can you say "course management". Great swings but some of these guys are just butchering a few of the holes. Hitting monster long but leaving themselves in spots where they just don't have a shot to make. In some cases the only shot they have is some sort of phenomenal short game shot that would be pretty difficult to get close. Maybe they would play it differently in stroke play. Fun viewing for sure.

That is some incredible talent. I'd love to see Russell Henley win it.

+1, he lives over in Macon about 35 miles down the road. I have followed his career for years, he is going to be a good pro when he joins the tour.

The other player I am pulling for, Harris English, is 3 down, got a tough road to hoe.

Watching s bit of this today (Thursday). Can you say "course management". Great swings but some of these guys are just butchering a few of the holes. Hitting monster long but leaving themselves in spots where they just don't have a shot to make. In some cases the only shot they have is some sort of phenomenal short game shot that would be pretty difficult to get close. Maybe they would play it differently in stroke play. Fun viewing for sure.

I think it's more along the lines that we don't know the conditions ourselves. Plus today a 286 yard par 4 with trouble long and a bunker short. I don't get the reason to try and drive it yet everyone is doing it.

I think it's more along the lines that we don't know the conditions ourselves. Plus today a 286 yard par 4 with trouble long and a bunker short. I don't get the reason to try and drive it yet everyone is doing it.

Cause we're men and we're dumb.

Darn! Henley was 2 up with 2 to go and now it's AS after 18. Just like the Biggsy comeback!

Per Gary Williams' Twitter account (he of Morning Drive), Cantlay and Henley halved the 19th hole with eagles! Crazy good stuff right now, I wish it was on TV someplace.

Per Gary Williams' Twitter account (he of Morning Drive), Cantlay and Henley halved the 19th hole with eagles! Crazy good stuff right now, I wish it was on TV someplace.

WOW! They fought it out for low amateur at the US Open and are now fighting this out. Good stuff for sure. They can both hold their head high afterwards.

Thanks Ary. Can you imagine making an eagle on a par 5, 563 yard hole? Can't believe they both pulled that off under this pressure. Sign of true champions.

Even not under pressure that is a big deal. These guys just flat out amaze me

When we watched Henley play in Athens, I think he took 20 practice swings before he hit the ball. This is going to take a while!

How many holes do they play? I see Henley is down 2 now. I figured it would be the first one up.

Cantlay wins. Wow, what a comeback! Good fight Henley.

Cantlay wins. Wow, what a comeback! Good fight Henley.

I love match play...I wish there were more PGA events like this.

I'm going with the old man, 26 year Luke Donald look a like

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I am having fun watching this... partly because in a few weeks we are making our annual trip to Erin Hills to play a couple rounds. I like to see the carnage because it makes me feel ok about my own game. Schadenfreud.

I have been and will continue to dvr all the coverage and watch it later on at night. I'm looking forward to seeing this course in HD on nbc this weekend. I told my friend in Milwaukee he should go check it out, unknown if he will.

Good to see a fellow Dallas Jesuit boy Jordan Speith doing well, although that is to be expected.

Good to see a fellow Dallas Jesuit boy Jordan Speith doing well, although that is to be expected.

I wish his match with the A&M kid would've been later in the bracket.

It doesn't seem that weird to see golfers with shorts on at this tournament. I don't think this would be a bad thing in the PGA.

Back