2011 THP Outing Questions/Suggestions

We are speaking with 16 different places today around the state and getting some great initial feedback and information back. We must admit that last night we sat here tired and worn out and actually thought about not putting them on anymore. But when it comes down to it, the people in attendance make it impossible to even think about those things. It is just too much fun for most to even contemplate. Thank you all that took the time to answer the questions, each one of you are what make up these outings. We believe that when we finally get the place official and you guys/gals see what we have lined up, you will be blown away again. We may organize them, but its the people in attendance that make them what they are.

I want to give a special shout out to TC. He is working with us in finding the right place and is taking some of the pressure off of us to make this next outing surpass the last one. And with the staff we had on hand to assist (TH, P4B, TC), we promise that the next one will be just that darn good.

and i'm having a heck of a time with it too!!!! talking to some great folks and they know they have some stiff competition cause PGA National brought it.

man if its anything near as good as last weeks it will be awesome. Last weeks exceeded my expectations by a ton. Don't stretch yourselves too thin, we just got back!

and i'm having a heck of a time with it too!!!! talking to some great folks and they know they have some stiff competition cause PGA National brought it.

That is the key. We want equal or more for the people that come. Thanks to TC introducing himself as Forum Extraordinaire, we hope to get that.

can I suggest a place without an elevator? j/k. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with. PGA National was a great spot. IF I have the opportunity to get to this next one, you bet I will be there.

Thanks guys. No sweat, we are on it.

I too was blown away by the extravaganza that was the fall outing. You guy's exceeded my expectations by a mile and it would take something huge to keep me from the next one. But, it needs to be more fun and less work on the two of you. I would gladly help in any way possible, even just lugging box's around or what ever helps.

I'm really looking forward to this. We had an amazing time at PGA National, and that will be tough to beat. I agree with Hawk, the THP staff doesn't have to kill themselves to get this done. I'm sure whatever is chosen in the end will be an amazing time, regardless of where it is.

This outing was absolutely amazing! I had no clue what to expect from the outing but even though I had no clue it was very well put together and had a good flow everyday that left everyone with something to do. The location was fantastic and with all the work that everyone put into the outing, it made for an unforgetable vacation for both myself and 9i. No matter where you choose to have the next outing, we will be doing everything possible to make sure that we can get there. :smile:

One thing I'd like to throw out there.

It may be tough for me to make a financial comittment to another outing for a little while. In other words, I can't see myself affording plane tickets (or convincing Erica I can) or a deposit on a resort for a few months. Also, the more I think about it, Fall may be a better time for me b/c spring has typically been our "lover's getaway" vacation. For all the crap that she deals with, I may have to let her choose that destination.

It may be tough for me to make a financial comittment to another outing for a little while. In other words, I can't see myself affording plane tickets (or convincing Erica I can) or a deposit on a resort for a few months. Also, the more I think about it, Fall may be a better time for me b/c spring has typically been our "lover's getaway" vacation. For all the crap that she deals with, I may have to let her choose that destination.

I agree, I think fall is the better time for us as well. Give the ol' cheque book some time to recoup. Plus for us, it gives us one last big kick at the can before winter settles in up here. Just my 0.02 though.

I too was blown away by the extravaganza that was the fall outing. You guy's exceeded my expectations by a mile and it would take something huge to keep me from the next one. But, it needs to be more fun and less work on the two of you. I would gladly help in any way possible, even just lugging box's around or what ever helps.

I'm really looking forward to this. We had an amazing time at PGA National, and that will be tough to beat. I agree with Hawk, the THP staff doesn't have to kill themselves to get this done. I'm sure whatever is chosen in the end will be an amazing time, regardless of where it is.

Thanks for the kind words, but us even contemplating not putting them on anymore had little to do with the work involved. But I assure you, do not worry about us, we are at it and working on some things.

There can really be only two times of year to host an "Annual" outing. Either Spring or Fall. Both have their plusses and minuses and we are going to get the best we can get on both times and go from there.

which time of year is more new equipment or pre-relese stuff available? spring or fall?

which time of year is more new equipment or pre-relese stuff available? spring or fall?

Spring has more releases, that is for sure. We can never guarantee that a company will send their stuff, but we did a pretty good job of having most of it at this one I think, so I believe that the forum members in attendance add a real value in posting their reviews of the gear as it comes out.

There can really be only two times of year to host an "Annual" outing. Either Spring or Fall. Both have their plusses and minuses and we are going to get the best we can get on both times and go from there.

Seriously, I was looking at Orlando work yesterday lol. I'd just assume make my life an outing than have to wait until Spring/Fall.

Seriously, I was looking at Orlando work yesterday lol. I'd just assume make my life an outing than have to wait until Spring/Fall.

me too dude...lol

would love to make the move down south...hard to just pick up and leave with nothing lined up

well, there's 3 of us, surely we could figure something out? DEEECRRREEECCEEENNNNZZZZZO's Pizza? hawk the chef, ddec for a dose of realism, and i like to eat pizza.

better get this one back on topic boys! after speaking with one resort looks like spring may be much more affordable. we'll see.

my vote's for spring! and here's why:

1. better weather, cheaper rates
2. OEM's would (i assume) have more stuff that they'd want demo'd
3. don't know if i can wait till next fall for another one.

Spring.

But would spring be too close to the PGA show in January?

My vote is for fall, but really anytime next year would work except for May. We've got our wedding mid May so we couldn't make it then. Any other of the 11 months could be doable for us, but preference is still for Fall.

The more I think about it the more I think spring is the way to go. This way instead of going south to Mexico or something we could go to whatever resort you guys choose and do both! :) Then Flashy could have all the shopping she could handle.

Not to mention that it is always nice to get to golf before we can golf up here in Canada.

If I were to choose between the two, I'd vote for spring. The demo day would be great because it could help people determine what new stuff they might want in their bag for the rest of the season.

If I were to choose between the two, I'd vote for spring. The demo day would be great because it could help people determine what new stuff they might want in their bag for the rest of the season.

Great point! I hadnt even thought of that part of it...haha

Back