Search results for query: *

1. SVonhof

What is the best kind of under hanidcap round for you?

Today I didn't feel like I hit the ball well, but still shot under my handicap. I did have some good drives, but some mediocre ones as well and I was pulling my irons all day. For me, today, it turned out to be a combination of putting and driving. Pick 2.
  2. SVonhof

Need to work on my chipping as my wife is better at it than I am

I guess this is a bit of a humble-brag on my wife. I love that she has been so consistent with her chipping and I am envious of her. Yesterday we were both about 6 feet off a green and I putted it and only got it 2/3 of the way there and then 2-putted from there. She cooly walked up with her PW...
  3. SVonhof

DEOLAX shirts and pullovers?

Based on a recommendation, I bought a DEOLAX polo and I have been very happy with it. I would say it competes with the Peter Millar and Footjoy polo's for quality and beats them hands-down for price. On Amazon for ~$26 for Polo's and quarter-zip pullovers for ~$35. I don't know how many here...
  4. SVonhof

Great story about Jamie at Lahinch

My aunt had downs syndrome and lived to 56, she was a very special person who rarely got angry and competed in Special Olympics many times so this story touched me. https://golf.com/travel/breaking-tradition-lahinch-ireland/
  5. SVonhof

Birdies (or better), how dependent on handicap?

I am currently a 17.5 handicap and was down to a 14.2 at my lowest. I don't get a lot of birdies, but I get a decent amount. 2 per round is rare, but I did it last Monday. So, how much do the number of birdies made depend on the handicap? Single digit handicap = a birdie per round or better...
  6. SVonhof

For Sale 34" Scotty Cameron Kombi S Studio Select

$225 shipped ConUS. Zelle or Paypal Friend and Family.
  7. SVonhof

The Kingdom Of Golf Carts (article)

My sister sent this to me and I figured I would share it: https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2023-golf-cart-kingdom/
  8. SVonhof

Great thrift store finds?

My wife has found a lot of great golf deals at a local consignment store (mostly shirts that are basically new) for $20 each. Some are the 2024 US Open shirts that retail over $100 each right now. But yesterday we went to a local thrift store and I walked out with a G/Fore golf polo, a Peter...
  9. SVonhof

New Spam method (new to me)

My wife and I have Android phones, but I think this would apply to iPhone's as well, if you use GMail, Sheets, Docs, Drive. My wife got a Google Drive notification that she was having her Wells Fargo account suspended and it was saying that somebody (not really Wells Fargo, but made to look...
  10. SVonhof

My winter "Topping" of the ball is back.

It seems to happen every winter. I start topping the ball with multiple clubs. The thinking that I have is that my body instinctively is trying to protect my lower back which has been problematic for years. I need to stop it from happening but don't know where to start. I was thinking of getting...
  11. SVonhof

Buy a new TV today (Black Friday) or wait for Cyber Monday?

Our current 48" Visio has really bad backlighting (it came with the house) and we are going to get a new TV. I have narrowed it down to a 55" Samsung and there are sales today that were no different than last weekend at Best Buy. Think anything will change from now until Monday on price? They...
  12. SVonhof

Left-Dash Pro-V1x

I know these are fairly rare. I found 2 of them and was wondering what if anything I can expect different from the standard Pro-V1x that I would use. I also have two AVX balls. Should I play them? Will it even matter to a 17 handicapper?
  13. SVonhof

Anyone try a golf cart seat cover like these?

We were paired with a couple that had an interesting cover on their seat and seat back. It was a cushioned thing, but more of a 3D matrix of material that cools in the summer but keeps you dry in the wet weather. https://us.cooldrycovers.com/ They had black seats originally and ours are tan...
  14. SVonhof

How many HIO's have you witnessed?

I am at 4 now. My own (Reserve as Spanos Park in Stockton, Ca, hole 13), one at Avila Beach (near Pismo in Ca, hole 15) , one at Poppy Ridge (Livermore, Ca, Chardonnay course, hole 3), and Tuesday morning, Pinehurst #8 by my buddy Cole. I have been able to see all 4 go in the hole, none were...
  15. SVonhof

Blocking highways for a cause

This is not meant to be a political post by any means. But I am seeing a group of people on the highway blocking all traffic because they want their point of view to be seen/heard. It could be a group of people protesting cart path only notification being done while checking in. What are your...
  16. SVonhof

Metal ferrules?

I was paired with a guy today and I noticed the ferrules while on the 5th tee box. I asked to take a picture since I had never seen them before. He said he bought the set of irons mostly because of them!
  17. SVonhof

Golf cart tire question

We have Kenda Loadstar tires on our 2008 E Z Go golf cart and I had lowered the inflation level to try to make the ride smoother. I was checking the tire pressure on Saturday of all our vehicles and I noticed the tread on the rear tires looks different than the front tires because of wear. I...
  18. SVonhof

Forgot how to play golf today

Range session was good, no issues. Got to the first tee and topped the tee shot (driver). Grabbed my 5i and topped that. Finally hit it well the second time. Second hole, did the same thing, but the second and third shots were with my 4i (second 4i swing was fantastic), but then topped an AW and...
  19. SVonhof

Will Lexi make the cut at the Shriners?

What do you think?
  20. SVonhof

Screen door or storm door?

Living in Pinehurst, we have times of the year where it would be really nice to open the front door and let in the cool breezes, vs just opening every window in the front of the house. In our old house, we had a cheap aluminum screen door that I installed and it did the job just fine, but I was...
Back