How many HIO's have you witnessed?

SVonhof

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I am at 4 now.

My own (Reserve as Spanos Park in Stockton, Ca, hole 13), one at Avila Beach (near Pismo in Ca, hole 15) , one at Poppy Ridge (Livermore, Ca, Chardonnay course, hole 3), and Tuesday morning, Pinehurst #8 by my buddy Cole.

I have been able to see all 4 go in the hole, none were blind.

200.gif

I'm at 5.

Three of my own, two of my dad.

Paramount Network Jd GIF by Yellowstone

Just one. Not mine, an old dude at my club hitting a 5 wood on a 145 yard par 3.

4 so far.
3 of my own, and a woman playing on the hole behind me while I was on the next tee box.

Three all my own. I have never witnessed another one.

0. But i personally have been verrrrrrry close 2 times.

Zero. Closest was a friend in the group behind me when I was on the next tee that missed by about 2-3 inches.

One, a former boss. Didn't see it go in though. It was a crazy mis hit he skied and dunked it. Thought it was in a bunker but I found it in the cup.

Only 1. But it was such a thrill seeing the shot come off just as described and the ball slowly making its way to the hole.

Depends on how one defines "witness" . :LOL: Someone in my group made a hole in one last month. I can attest and swear under oath that his ball was in the hole but I didn't actually see the shot go in the hole.

Other than @BigDill and his shot heard around North Carolina, I have only witnessed one other hole in one in my 53 years of playing. Sadly, it was not mine.

3. Cookie’s during the Morgan Cup, my first one, and then my second. I didn’t see the second one go in cause of some contours but there she was

Zero.

Because of work I missed the last day of golf for our fire department crew. And low and behold the chief of our department and a good friend of mine got one on Hole 18.

I missed it and I was more upset than I was happy that he got it. LOL

Just my own so far. I have seen one bounce off the pin and two lip out. Maybe I’m a HIO cooler 🤷🏻‍♂️

Three. My own two, and one by a good friend who was my cartner that day.

Just one. My own. :cool:

I have witnessed 3, did not see my own. 2 of the 3 occurred during the same weekend as my own.

I didn't see mine go in. Same with @BigDill's. I've seen 2 go in the cup.

Depends on how one defines "witness" . :LOL: Someone in my group made a hole in one last month. I can attest and swear under oath that his ball was in the hole but I didn't actually see the shot go in the hole.

Other than @BigDill and his shot heard around North Carolina, I have only witnessed one other hole in one in my 53 years of playing. Sadly, it was not mine.
What an awesome moment. Still can't believe its real.

Two including one THP'er

6. Not one of them mine.

My former step grandmother is only one I was present for. Technically didn't see it go in just found it in the cup.

Back