Search results for query: *

1. R

Great thrift store finds?

I got an 8802 (the real thing, not a reproduction) for $3. It has the original grip and shaft. The head has some bag chatter, but overall in good shape.
  2. R

The 60 and over Thread

This game is so unpredictable. The last few months have been very frustrating for me. I have topped a lot of shots. Today I went to the course without a tee time. They told me I could really hurry and join the threesome that was about to tee off or wait a while. I rushed to join the threesome...
  3. R

The 60 and over Thread

Played a new course today. It was 6100 yds par 70. I still hit it awful. I topped 4 tee shots, only hit 4 fairways and 5 greens. I ended up having only 25 putts (with a 3 putt). Shot 75. My best score in months. I don't know why my short game was so much better than usual, but I know that I...
  4. R

The 60 and over Thread

Well...the last 5 holes did not carry over from Friday. I topped my tee shots on #1, #2, 2nd shot on #3 into the water, tee shot on #5, tee shot on #9, and tee shot on #10. I was 8 over on those 6 holes. Shot 46-41=87. The struggle continues. I am pretty frustrated with my game right now. I did...
  5. R

The 60 and over Thread

You are correct!
  6. R

The 60 and over Thread

This might be the worst golf I have played over a sustained period of time in more than 30 years. My last 3 rounds are 84, 83, and 82. Today was horrible from holes 9-13 (5 straight bogies with 2 cold topped tee shots). I hope I found something on #14. I played the last 5 holes +1 and bogied an...
  7. R

Callaway Paradym Drivers

I took advantage of the 2X trade in and got the Paradym 9* driver with the flat cog and the triple diamond 3 wood. I traded in a bunch of clubs that I would probably never use again and only paid $35 difference. I got both with the KBS shaft (regular because I do not have a lot of clubhead...
  8. R

Tour Event 2023 Ryder Cup Contest

US wins US flag
  9. R

The 60 and over Thread

I feel like I might be headed in the right direction. My last 2 rounds were 76 and 75 (today). I feel really good about the putter at the moment. I have gone to an older odyssey protype 6 that I bought used about 8 years ago. I really liked the feel of the head, but at the time did not like the...
  10. R

Tour Event The 2023 Open Championship Contest and Thread Sponsored by Edel Golf

Scottie Scheffler...C grind (2 degrees flat if possible). What a great prize.
  11. R

How Good is Your Short Game?

What was once by far the best part of my game is now by far my biggest weakness. I am still pretty good at flop shots and out of the sand. I can't hit a simple chip shot with any consistency any more. I am working on it and it is getting better, but I don't have the confidence I used to have.
  12. R

If you could attend one Major

I am on a fixed income and pretty frugal. There is a ton of stuff to buy at the merchandise tent. I got golf caps, ball markers, and shot glasses for my friends. I got a driver headcover, putter headcover, t-shirts, and caps for myself.
  13. R

If you could attend one Major

The Masters. I have been to 2 U.S. Opens at Pebble Beach. They were great, but the Masters has been a life long dream.
  14. R

NEWS LIV Golf and PGA Tour Merging

I think it is a direct slap in the face to all the players that stuck with the PGA tour. It also sucks for the US Open. All of the attention will be on this merger and not on LACC and the US Open. I am shocked.
  15. R

The 60 and over Thread

I am still playing the middle tees. The course isn't long (6270), but there are back to back holes that are brutal. A 435 yd slightly uphill par 4 followed by a 227 yd par 3 (the pin was in the front yesterday). I have played the par 3 at 253 when the tees were a little back and the pin was all...
  16. R

The 60 and over Thread

It is a combination of a couple of big misses and really poor chipping. Made triple on #9 with a homerun bunker shot (I usually prefer bunker shots to chips off of grass) followed by a flop shot that ended up short and then a decent chip to 6 ft and a miss. Back to back doubles on 12 and 13...
  17. R

The 60 and over Thread

I am still not getting to play as much as I would like. I only played a total of 13 rounds in 2021 and 2022 combined. I played my 12th round of 2023 today. I am so inconsistent and my chipping sucks. I hit 9 greens today and played those holes 2 under. On the 9 greens I missed I played those...
Back