Search results for query: *

1. Frank559

Sacks Parente - Most Successful IPO of the Year?

Maker of $400 Golf Putters Becomes 2023’s Best IPO With a 624% Gain https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-08-15/peddler-of-400-putters-becomes-2023-s-best-ipo-with-a-624-gain Lo and behold their stock is now down -82% today and back to trading in the $5-range. Last year they had...
  2. Frank559

Hazy Smog from Canadian Wildfires

This is new york city this morning. Feels like LA. I can feel it in my lungs
  3. Frank559

Is the economy impacting your golf hobby?

For me I would say not yet, though it’s getting there. I’m definitely thinking twice when my buddies are inviting me to $120 rounds at the semi-private course I don’t particularly care for.
  4. Frank559

Favorite donut? (Poll)

Got inspired today after going to the local Dunkin for the first time in probably 3 years… Mine are glazed, Boston cream, and apple fritter
  5. Frank559

SIGH…

You know the WorkDay commercial with Phil Mickelson — where the guy says he can’t play golf on Saturday morning with his buddies because he’s closing the books (Before Phil interrupts him to tell him the books are already closed and he can indeed play)? Well, I often feel like that guy — and...
  6. Frank559

Losing rangefinders

It's only April and I've already lost not 1, but 2 rangefinders on the course. I think the first was lost while it was left on the cart (stuck to one of the pillars), and the second one was lost in the fairway after I took it out with me on a cart path only day. Half the time I walk which...
  7. Frank559

Everything is a subscription now?

I know we've already talked about Netflix, Disney+, etc. in terms of subscriptions on here. This (rant) is a bit different - let's talk about news media and website subscriptions. Have you guys noticed that almost every news website now requires a subscription? When I'm Googling a topic, 8 out...
  8. Frank559

Let’s hear about your niche putters…

Not referring to the well-known independent putters like SeeMore, LAB, Evnroll, SIK or even Swag that you can find occasionally on Tour. Do you play a truly niche putter? I’m talking Cure, Pyramid, Axis1, Argolf, and the like? And if so, tell your story. The why, the how, and if it’s...
  9. Frank559

Bouncing / Juggling the Ball on Your Wedge?

OK, as the title suggests - can you bounce / juggle / dribble(?) a golf ball on your club? If you can, how do you do it? I've seen folks at the course show off this ability and have been very impressed. I cannot obviously, and I've tried a few times to disastrous effect. And not to play...
  10. Frank559

Short game plan

Hi all - my main golf goal for 2022 is to improve my short game, that is chipping and putting (and esp. lag putting). I’m a relatively new golfer (began picking up the game ~4 years ago), and my practice has mostly centered on irons, driver, wedges, in other words, more or less full shots. I...
  11. Frank559

Your view on COVID and playing golf?

What’s your attitude towards golf and COVID these days? Are you pretty relaxed or do you religiously wipe down the cart or social distance by using your own pushcart / driving cart? I have a 3-some booked for Friday but one of my buddies just informed me that his daughter (who lives with them)...
  12. Frank559

Knit shoes - how to keep clean?

Recently got a pair of FJ Hyperflex BOAs. Very comfortable and love them so far. One problem is that the shoes have a knit upper, and after 2-3 rounds the navy blue is turning into "blue with a shade of brown or red"; seems like layers of dust have been deposited into the knit crevices. Does...
  13. Frank559

European Golf Equipment Brands??

The lead up to this weekend’s Ryder Cup has left me wondering, why aren’t there any European golf equipment OEMs? And golf originated in Scotland right? All the top European players currently bag American branded clubs (except Srixon which is Japanese I believe). Any reasons for this? And are...
  14. Frank559

What's the Furthest from the Green You've Tried to Putt From?

SMGoldstein's thread about Bryson's chipping yips inspired me to ask this question: What's the furthest from the green you've attempted to putt from? Do you always putt from off the greens or is it only when encountering the chipping yips? Would you also try to putt from the rough? On Saturday...
  15. Frank559

What are your golf shoe style preferences?

I know fit, comfort, all-weather ability, and grip are paramount for golf shoes. But let’s pretend those are all taken care of and the shoe is your blank canvas… What are your style preferences for a golf shoe? - Traditional or sneaker? - Do you aim for neutral color or minimalism? Or seek...
Back