Knit shoes - how to keep clean?

Frank559

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Recently got a pair of FJ Hyperflex BOAs. Very comfortable and love them so far.

One problem is that the shoes have a knit upper, and after 2-3 rounds the navy blue is turning into "blue with a shade of brown or red"; seems like layers of dust have been deposited into the knit crevices.

Does anyone have good experiences how to keep knit shoes clean? Or did I make a rookie mistake of buying fabric in the first place?

I don’t have any of these....but, I’ve wondered about the same thing. I suppose that they could initially be sprayed with a fabric protectant.... and then you could use a brush on them after each outing. That is one reason that I’ve had second thoughts about ‘em.

I have a couple of pair of similar New Balance shoes. Very comfortable, great support, good traction. But hard to clean as described. Haven't found an answer yet, but I'll be watching this.

I bought some Pumas in white which are knit and they mentioned they would get a nice "patina" after several rounds of golf. that is a euphemism for dirty and stained. Takes a scrub brush with dawn dish soap to get them a bit more presentable.

Found 2 resources by Googling. Seems like some combination of warm soapy water and brush.

You really don’t - the comfortable nature makes up for it though!

I'd brush the dirt out/off of mine with a scrubbing brush and then a toothbrush for the hard to reach/tight corners. I also tossed my white ones in the washing machine with cold water and gentle cycle after taking out the laces and insoles. They cleaned right up!

Keep them on a shelf to look pretty? 😃

I have had good luck with Magic Erasers on shoes.

Back