Search results for query: *

1. G

One Ball for the Season?

As a senior with a 75-80 swing speed, I favor a two piece, with relatively low compression. Last year used Srixon soft feel. Early this season I experimented with 4 or 5 other brands. Local golf shop has sleeves, so it wasn't a big expense. Found the balls with really low compression, like...
  2. G

Lexi Thompson Announces Retirement

I'm sure the Grayson Murray tragedy will cause many pro athletes to reexamine their priorities and enjoy life away from the intense pressure they've experienced, probably since they were in their early teens.
  3. G

What's a subtle way to tell someone they need practice or are no good at golf.

I would just say no one cares how good or bad you play, just don't play slow. If you're lying 7 in the fairway of a par 4 and everyone is on the green, just pick up.
  4. G

All Rounds Should Be Four Hours or Less

At 73 , I've walked with the other 3 players in carts. In the heat of summer, not fun. Now, if that's the case. I'll also ride, but if only 2 guys are riding I'll walk, at least 9.
  5. G

The 60 and over Thread

At 73 I've done better after putting away irons 4-7 and switching to hybrids and a couple of hybrid irons. Game is much more fun, better contact and fewer worm burners.
  6. G

Wedge bounce for 20 Handicapper

As the weather warms up and the fairways aren't spongy, like this wet spring. I was thinking maybe a lower bounce wedge might give me more of a chance to have less than my usual 10-15 foot putt. Of course , if my technique improved Id probably be OK with just concentrating on my present 52...
  7. G

You must be a joy to play a round with.
  8. G

Thanks, I do better when I dont overthink and keep it simple.
  9. G

Scheffler just got arrested!

Didnt realize he does have a fairly early time. The pre golf warm up time for these guys isn't like mine ,LOL
  10. G

Scheffler just got arrested!

Couldn't have been worried about missing his tee time
  11. G

Best Clubs for High Handicap Players

On Amazon, just look up Orlimar hybrids and the hybrid irons pop up. A variety of lofts. I started with the 6 and might try a 4 or 5. For $50 , worth a try.
  12. G

Best Clubs for High Handicap Players

Was having trouble making consistent iron contact from 110- 130 yards. Picked up an Orlimar 6 hybrid iron on Amazon. The club gets the ball high and mishits are few. That was a lot easier than fixing my swing flaws. Worth a try for seniors.
  13. G

Right now for tighter lies I've been using an 8 iron, choking down and using a long putting stroke, just to get it somewhere fairly close, on the green. Thanks
  14. G

Currently carry 52 and 58 with 10 degree bounce. Have been using the 52 for most close to green chipping, without rough, and can get it pretty close. 58 for heavier rough and bunkers. Do you think it would be smart to get maybe another 52 or 54 with around 6 degree bounce for those tighter lies...
  15. G

The 60 and over Thread

Must be a short season? Must be a short season. eh?
  16. G

How Much Golf Stuff Do You Watch?

Used to watch every PGA televised event. Now, since LIV, it's more like the Korn Ferry Tour every week. Love the majors, but will enjoy even more when Tiger is 80, so I don't have to listen to the first hour of coverage telling me how he has a chance to win. Watch Youtubers, not for instruction...
  17. G

Senior Golfers…how do you identify?

Soon to be 74. Happy now with 175 drives in the middle. I've tried to improve scoring by practicing about 70% of the time from 100 yds in. Hope to limit the doubles. We shall see.
  18. G

Does Rick Shiels Move The Needle?

I'll watch mostly as a diversion in winter, when I can't play. I've stopped trying to improve my golf by listening to the online stuff. Actually, enjoy guys with far fewer viewers, like Mistah Short Hitter and Golf Ball Addict, just for kicks..
  19. G

NETWORK COVERAGE : TIGER TIGER TIGER

take a hike
  20. G

NETWORK COVERAGE : TIGER TIGER TIGER

The network coverage, especially the Golf Channel, is absurd. The first 20 minutes of the first round was nothing but Tiger. The golf execs better realize soon that the PGA has lost the real stars to LIV. They should start promoting any golfers with a modicum of talent or charisma, who are still...
Back