Search results for query: *

1. bobgeorge

Scheffler just got arrested!

I would say the average person, police or not, doesn't even know who Scottie is. Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
  2. bobgeorge

Scheffler just got arrested!

Probably true, but just because you are a golfer doesn't mean you can drive up on the sidewalk and not stop when you are told to by police. I am sure Scottie wasn't trying to do anything illegal...but still. Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
  3. bobgeorge

Valhalla - PGA Championship?

@KY Golfer Thanks for the suggestions on which holes where good to watch. I watched early groups (TIger, Schauffele, Rory, Finau, Brooks, Jordan) on 13 for a few hours & then went to 7 and watched them come through in the afternoon. I also saw Schauffele get that Eagle on #1 and sadly saw Ricky...
  4. bobgeorge

I was thinking something similar like parking in a large parking like like a Kroger's etc.....& getting an Uber. But agree the price will probably be high
  5. bobgeorge

Good info to know. Thanks!
  6. bobgeorge

Thanks for sharing the information. I plan on getting there bright and early tomorrow. I will say parking at the Kentucky Exposition Center is bad for people like me that are coming from the west ion I64. I have to drive 20 miles past Valhalla then ride a bus 20 miles back. Then do the same...
  7. bobgeorge

Well, this is sobering……

I think this is true. I also think marketing of golf clubs and gadgets drive a lot of it.
  8. bobgeorge

Auto Racing Thread

I just picked up some tickets for the Indy 500. We plan on staying in a local hotel the night prior. This will be my first time & probably only time to attend a Indy 500. Any advice?
  9. bobgeorge

Hello, I live about an hour from Louisville, KY and am thinking about going to the tournament to see either a Thursday or Friday round. For anyone who has been there, what is the terrain like at Valhalla? A lot of hills or mostly flat? Any good holes you can recommend to sit and watch golfers...
  10. bobgeorge

Tiger vs. Scottie : Who had/has more competition?

Almost impossible to compare eras. It is like saying who had more competition ....Jordan or Labron?
  11. bobgeorge

Cryptocurrency - Bitcoin & others..

I kind of agree with you, but is kind of similar to a house. Most houses in the U.S. probably rose in value by 20% in the past 3-4 without an owner making any improvements. Actually owners were selling houses as-is when buyers could see there was issues they were going to have to put $$$ into.
  12. bobgeorge

I agree. Our lawmakers need quit having hearings & actually do something. The U.S. is falling further and further behind to Asia and Europe.
  13. bobgeorge

Anyone still buying crypto? In the last 6 months I have been collecting some BTC, SOL, NEAR, ARB and a few others. I just put a small percentage of my funds in crypto. I work for the federal government and max out my TSP. I am going to hold until 2024/2025 and see what happens after the...
  14. bobgeorge

What’s your eye dominance?

Same for me too Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
  15. bobgeorge

Thoughts on Houses on a Golf Course

I live in a golf course community but I live across the street from the course. The neighbors across the street from me are around 225-250 out on a par 4. They both have told me their windows have been broken. I have even seen golf balls in my yard.....which means you either flew over or hit...
  16. bobgeorge

Strapped - YouTube Golf Reality Show

Anyone watched the golf reality TV show “Strapped” on Youtube? I watched two eposides and it seems pretty interesting. If you have never watched it….it is about 2 golfers who are given $500 to go on golf trips including golf, hotel, food, etc. I guess they mostly play munis….watch what they...
  17. bobgeorge

NEWS LIV Golf and PGA Tour Merging

You would think the DOJ has more important things to worry about than a golf merger.
  18. bobgeorge

I agree about money always wins. Maybe not 100% of the time, but the percentage is really high. I don't think the outrage to LIV golf was ever about Saudi. It was just about the $$$. For the players that left....it wasn't about growing the game....it was about the $$$. For the players that...
  19. bobgeorge

Agreed. & the U.S. did nothing when SA killed Jamal Khashogg.
  20. bobgeorge

I'm 59 & was in the military when 9/11 happened so it changed my life & there is not doubt it was one of the worse days in U.S. history. Even saying that I agree with the comments above. The U.S. government and private companies work with countries like SA and China all the time. One example...
Back