2024 Better You Fitness Thread

My legs were still sore from Monday's leg day, I may not be able to walk tomorrow.

5x5 on everything:
Deadlifts @ 90% max
Front squats
Med ball jump lunges
Burpees
Cals on the assault bike
And then some med ball shot gun's thrown in for a little abs too.

My legs were still sore from Monday's leg day, I may not be able to walk tomorrow.

5x5 on everything:
Deadlifts @ 90% max
Front squats
Med ball jump lunges
Burpees
Cals on the assault bike
And then some med ball shot gun's thrown in for a little abs too.
5x5 at 90% is insane! Good work

Bench presses. A single at 96% and then 3 triples at 90%

Presses and dumbbell rows.

Leg day today.

Including bulgarian split squats.

Mistakes were made.

My body wasn't feeling it today. Got the workout in. Did 20 minutes of shadowboxing and 20 minute bodyweight circuit. Nice change of pace from the bike riding I have been doing.

Full Body push today, never done that before.

Interesting question for y'all gym rats (I used to be but since getting a bike in the apartment I do stuff at home with weights and my resistance bands)...
Do you generally workout at the same time each day?

Interesting question for y'all gym rats (I used to be but since getting a bike in the apartment I do stuff at home with weights and my resistance bands)...
Yep, 5:30pm after work. Keep the same routine, it just makes it easier so you arent trying to get a workout in here and there by squeezing it in.

Yes. One of two times. If I drop my daughter off at school I work out at lunch around 12:30. If my wife takes her I work out at 730.

I would do 530-6 am every day but Jamesons room doubles as my office any home gym so it’s kind of hard to do that time at home.

Yep, 5:30pm after work. Keep the same routine, it just makes it easier so you arent trying to get a workout in here and there by squeezing it in.
That's where I've run into difficulty this year. As a teacher and a hockey and baseball coach, my schedule is completely dependent on the game schedule and my wife's work schedule. Tried getting up 45 minutes earlier to workout first thing but it wrecked havoc with my sleep schedule. (I have this weird thing where I can't fall asleep if I've eaten within like 3 hours). Basically due to our schedules we eat at a different time every weeknight and the time I can workout varies each day. This week, we ate at 6 on Monday, 5:30 Tuesday, 7:30 Wednesday post game, 6:30 Thursday, and 7 tonight after a game. I was able to get a workout in at 3:30 Monday and 3:30 Thursday. Just can't get into a rhythm

Pull day today. Grip strength on deadlifts was horrible today.

Full body push hyper trophy with super sets for extra fun.

Late…r night gym session. Someone’s got to carry the boats, right?

Another dry needling session-this time on my shoulder.

Definitely hit something-really twitched.

Anyone try cupping therapy?

Today was @MWard favorite day

Legs - and it was a GRUELING one.
Ugh, I am not looking forward to legs tomorrow, i'm still suffering from last week.

Anyone try cupping therapy?
Everybody I know who has it done locally loves how they feel when they leave the place. Then rather quickly feel like crap again and make another appointment once the hickies go away.
The literature is skeptical about any real benefits other placebo with cupping.

I do not want to work out today. Have the workouts queued up. Will do it but am dreading it and wish I had started an hour ago so that I was done now.

I do not want to work out today. Have the workouts queued up. Will do it but am dreading it and wish I had started an hour ago so that I was done now.
But, just remember how good you will finish when you complete it!

Back